Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3347914)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Donington

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Chart_...ar_2014_V8.pdf
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3387764)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
HSCC Donnington 6th April

Not sure how Pete missed this one. Team Delta will be there with Compte FJ Volpini and we have also been allowed to sort out HRTR5's TR5.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3387765)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Not sure how Pete missed this one. Team Delta will be there with Compte FJ Volpini and we have also been allowed to sort out HRTR5's TR5.
Easy, sheer incompetence.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3387767)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I believe Iain was looking for this.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3387830)   #5
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there. Lotus Cortina No.40 in Historic Touring Cars.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3387855)   #6
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you all there.

Provisional timetable

Entry list
Old 2 Apr 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3387886)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Easy, sheer incompetence.
Bit like Iain's spelling then It's Donington - One N int'middle.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3387887)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 2 Apr 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3387890)   #9
YoungRacer
Rookie

England
Hampshire
YoungRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it going to rain, or be dry, trying to figure out tyre choices, where's Ross Braun when you need him !!
Old 2 Apr 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3387905)   #10
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to try to get along to spectate/get dirty/make tea etc!!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 2 Apr 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3387910)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
I'm going to try to get along to spectate/get dirty/make tea etc!!
You are hired
Old 2 Apr 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3387911)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hang on now we have two threads going. Sort yourselves out you two.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3387922)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Can we have a merge please, don't care how many 'N's in title........

Old 2 Apr 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3387923)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Agreed. Tried earlier but it asked for my password which I've forgotten.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3387931)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Agreed. Tried earlier but it asked for my password which I've forgotten.
no hope for us then........
Old 2 Apr 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3388069)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Good old Pete . Still on cloud nine I suspect . And rightly so .
Old 6 Apr 2014, 22:19 (Ref:3389486)   #17
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed today. A couple of images. Copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_6072_2_2.JPG   DSC_6082_2_2.JPG  
Old 7 Apr 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3389633)   #18
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going bare behind in Donington!

I'll explain the great picture of the G12 with its' state of undress! Ian (my Ian!) and a young man called Mark whose very first car race it was, were sharing the drive in the G12 for one of our customers. In qualifying Ian came in early as the car was running s*** and sent Mark out to get his laps in. Unfortunately unknown to Ian and Mark who were adjusting seat belts and unknown to me as I was timing them the opposite side, the owner unhooked the engine cover spring thinking Ian was going to look at the engine. He didn't look at it and the G12 went on its' merry way! Only to have the engine cover take off somewhere on the track. Mark didn't notice this irregularity, it taking all his concentration to drive the little beast and watch out for other cars and keep it on the black stuff!! Thankfully after working on the G12 all afternoon some of the running probs were sorted and after a quick retrieval by the marshals of the offending article, the cover was stuck together and stuck on the car and it did the whole Guards race! All good fun!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3389644)   #19
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Stevens View Post
I'll explain the great picture of the G12 with its' state of undress! Ian (my Ian!) and a young man called Mark whose very first car race it was, were sharing the drive in the G12 for one of our customers. In qualifying Ian came in early as the car was running s*** and sent Mark out to get his laps in. Unfortunately unknown to Ian and Mark who were adjusting seat belts and unknown to me as I was timing them the opposite side, the owner unhooked the engine cover spring thinking Ian was going to look at the engine. He didn't look at it and the G12 went on its' merry way! Only to have the engine cover take off somewhere on the track. Mark didn't notice this irregularity, it taking all his concentration to drive the little beast and watch out for other cars and keep it on the black stuff!! Thankfully after working on the G12 all afternoon some of the running probs were sorted and after a quick retrieval by the marshals of the offending article, the cover was stuck together and stuck on the car and it did the whole Guards race! All good fun!
Saw it fly off on the Dunlop Straight, but it was out of camera range. Very dramatic.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3389659)   #20
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Owen Brothers ...

We anticipated some issues, especially for me in the TR, as it had all come together very last minute ... butwe both got chequered flags! David failed to get out in qualifying, but was kindly permitted to run two laps between races and then join the back of the grid - credit and thanks to CofC for permitting him to do that. Enjoyed his run, and was pleased to finish when it really didn't look like he'd get on track at all ... thanks to all who got involved in solving his water pump issue.

I ran the TR for the first time in nearly two years, engine is not running cleanly, and car needs some TLC and some use. Thanks to Delta for getting us this far, having dumped the car with him at the 11th hour! A few issues only minor, and some caused by having forgotten how to run this car!

I had a good quali, quite enjoyed the damp conditions actually, despite the 'random' power delivery - which I'm blaming for my spin at Redgate, in case anyone saw that! Surprised to qualify relatively well up ...

Got a good pull away in the race, but bogged down a bit having to negotiate my way round the slow-starting De Tomaso, and got caught by several. Enjoyed the drive but neither the car nor I really had our race-heads on, and were just happy to be back on track and to reach the finish ... Car dropped back at Chateau Delta last night on the way home, hopefully we'll be nearly up to speed for Thruxton!

A good weekend, nice to catch up with a lot of people, and good to be back at an HSCC meeting.

James
Old 7 Apr 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3389673)   #21
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James,
In your HRS race, what happened to the De Tomaso and Adam Simmonds Mustang. I listened to the live MST commentary on the web and they both disappeared off the lapcharts on the same lap ?

Congratulations on the result and see you at Thruxton.
Thanks !
Nick
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3389691)   #22
retrognome
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
We anticipated some issues, especially for me in the TR, as it had all come together very last minute ... butwe both got chequered flags! David failed to get out in qualifying, but was kindly permitted to run two laps between races and then join the back of the grid - credit and thanks to CofC for permitting him to do that. Enjoyed his run, and was pleased to finish when it really didn't look like he'd get on track at all ... thanks to all who got involved in solving his water pump issue.

I ran the TR for the first time in nearly two years, engine is not running cleanly, and car needs some TLC and some use. Thanks to Delta for getting us this far, having dumped the car with him at the 11th hour! A few issues only minor, and some caused by having forgotten how to run this car!

I had a good quali, quite enjoyed the damp conditions actually, despite the 'random' power delivery - which I'm blaming for my spin at Redgate, in case anyone saw that! Surprised to qualify relatively well up ...

Got a good pull away in the race, but bogged down a bit having to negotiate my way round the slow-starting De Tomaso, and got caught by several. Enjoyed the drive but neither the car nor I really had our race-heads on, and were just happy to be back on track and to reach the finish ... Car dropped back at Chateau Delta last night on the way home, hopefully we'll be nearly up to speed for Thruxton!

A good weekend, nice to catch up with a lot of people, and good to be back at an HSCC meeting.

James
Sorry but only got this start line pic.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_6159_2.JPG  
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:27 (Ref:3389696)   #23
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
James,
In your HRS race, what happened to the De Tomaso and Adam Simmonds Mustang. I listened to the live MST commentary on the web and they both disappeared off the lapcharts on the same lap ?

Congratulations on the result and see you at Thruxton.
Thanks !
Nick
I saw both these cars being towed in (no apparent damage) whilst waiting to go out for the next race.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3389709)   #24
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the results I notice a car was excluded from Guards under reg 14.4.4 - was this the first casualty of track limit enforcement?
Old 7 Apr 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3389712)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Great photo, anyone notice anthing about the collecting of cars..