Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Jan 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3016968)   #51
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
John Dagys on Twitter:

Quote:
Just spoke with Peter Baron. He confirmed No. 2 car will run, but with different drivers, TBD
Old 26 Jan 2012, 03:43 (Ref:3017186)   #52
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
That would be great. Shame on OneHD for not showing it despite being listed as a station.
Yes indeed shame on them. Instead of airing the 50th anniversary of one of the biggest races on the calender they prefer to show a bunch of repeats of various shows that most people dont care about. ONE has gone downhill since they tried to turn into a sport/lifestyle channel instead of just a sports channel. Dont fix what aint broken.

Hopefully they show a highlights package in the near future..
Old 26 Jan 2012, 06:27 (Ref:3017207)   #53
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ONE have just changed their schedule to show 15 hours coverage straight but only from 12.35am Monday - http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/event...9&region_id=73

Presumably FOX have blocked them from crossing over any of Speed AU's live broadcasts.

I did notice on the MWM collective the following message from Hindy though:

Our principal duties are for Motors TV UK for whom we will deliver over 15 hours of live race coverage. Possibly other TV broadcasters too (Speed Tv Aus?).

So all is not yet lost! Think I will be looking for a motors cap nonetheless....

Very disappointing that info about the event has been almost impossible to come by down here even though we've only got a couple of drivers represented (I'm still claiming Simonsen as an Aussie for now). I thoroughly agree that ONE has gone downhill (unless you're into F1 and MotoGP) but hey at least there's a glimmer of hope and we should continue to be thankful that endurance racing has any sort of broadcaster support at all.

Some very encouraging discussions referenced in the rest of the MWM thread btw...
Old 26 Jan 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3017219)   #54
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatosis View Post
ONE have just changed their schedule to show 15 hours coverage straight but only from 12.35am Monday - http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/event...9&region_id=73
What region are you? Newcastle still shows other boring repeats.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3017222)   #55
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
hmmm so it does, I reckon they are taking an 'ultimate piecemeal' approach to this, the *******s! My epg is not yet updated either... anything is still possible imo, no need to start manning the panic stations 'til sunday evening!

I am in Sydney. Happy Oz day mate!
Old 26 Jan 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3017225)   #56
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatosis View Post
I am in Sydney. Happy Oz day mate!
Yeah, I'll just have to check it every day. I wonder how much SpeedTV costs - this is exactly why they bought OneHD, it was to force sports fans to buy paytv. Grrr!

Happy Aus Day too.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3017227)   #57
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rene Rast reports, his Team #4 Magnus Racing will reporting the action via live stream. > ustream.tv/liveatdaytona (on-board cam)
Old 26 Jan 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3017230)   #58
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
grrr indeed. I will never pay Foxtel for anything.

I can't recall seeing one for Daytona before but legit online feeds are starting to get pretty good these days (not casting any aspersions on the fortunes of US based ALMS viewers of course) so I'm happy to do whatever it takes to pick one up - dvr has a permanent feed from my pc for example. Not ideal if flash crashes or any other incident of course, but far better for my sanity to have RLM crew than 'hi to my family at home'.

Let's hope GrandAm are going to provide something like that if their product is going to be on the up.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3017314)   #59
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone know if there is any Live Timing?
Old 26 Jan 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3017318)   #60
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://grandam.racersites-cluster.co...=1498&VN=50513
http://www.motorracingnetwork.com/Ra...Streaming.aspx
Old 26 Jan 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3017325)   #61
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks very much indeed!
Not easy to find on their site, is it?
Old 26 Jan 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3017345)   #62
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Grand Am usually posts the links to the Live-Timing on their front-page once a session comes up.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3017359)   #63
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Radio Le Mans is also covering the practice session currently underway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Consider yourself lucky that you won't have to listen to the "Scott Pruett is the second coming of Christ" and "Chip Ganassi is God" commentary on SPEEDTV.
Your tone makes me think that you are a non-believer. I'll have Schroeder and Diffey get in touch with you.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3017379)   #64
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Everyone, don't forget to drop into the Ten-Tenths chatroom during qualifying and the race.

http://tentenths.com/chat/index.php

or irc://irc.phishy.net/motorsport in your IRC client.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3017413)   #65
mackteck
Rookie

Ireland
co.meath
mackteck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
live video feed here

thanks to magnus racing
http://www.ustream.tv/liveatdaytona#..._medium=social
Old 26 Jan 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3017440)   #66
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently the 01 Ganassi car has lost an engine and will not qualify.

Tweet from Marshall Pruett.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3017444)   #67
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Apparently the 01 Ganassi car has lost an engine and will not qualify.

Tweet from Marshall Pruett.
Wonder if it was something they were trying on the BMW engine to keep pace with the 'vette DPs.

Also wonder if they will have to start from pit lane or just the rear of the DP field?. If the latter, it may not be so bad, only having to get past a little more than a dozen DPs. Neither is a great way to start.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3017448)   #68
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5 Action Express Corvette DP also lost an engine in spectacular fashion.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3017454)   #69
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
5 Action Express Corvette DP also lost an engine in spectacular fashion.
Sure did, and has been one of the slowest Corvette DPs in all sessions thus far today, along with the sister AER car.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3017473)   #70
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
What region are you? Newcastle still shows other boring repeats.
Im in Victoria and my guide just shows the same.

If indeed there is coverage on Monday morning its a little too late, some of us have to get up early in the morning to go to work. Urgh. I will never EVER buy Speed in Oz, dont even get me started on how crap cable is down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79
Your tone makes me think that you are a non-believer. I'll have Schroeder and Diffey get in touch with you.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3017476)   #71
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So proud of Starworks for their DP pole. Porsche shoot out in GT thus far.

Chris
Old 26 Jan 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3017486)   #72
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Car Didn't make it on time for pre-season Daytona test, blew an engine in first practice, only had one practice session before qualifying and put in on pole. Great job to Peter Baron and his team as well as Ryan Dalziel, should suprise in the race as well, with Allan, Lucas and two of the better pay drivers in the field. Also, great job to the Brumos boys in GT, good to see a Porsche-Ferrari front row. Although I think come race time, when faced with the Suntrust 10, Starworks, and the Ganassi 01 for that matter, are going to wish they could slim down their driver line-up a bit.
Old 26 Jan 2012, 23:59 (Ref:3017543)   #73
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Report from Daytona:

The parking situation is as previously described. DIS knows exactly how many cars/motorhomes it can park for the race. They sold that many `infield' tickets and stopped. Anyone with an advance purchase ticket will be allowed in if it included an `infield pass'. The rest of the spectators will have to park outside and take one of the many trams in.

Driving around the infield spectator areas today (THU), the traffic was as congested as any `race day' for the Rolex as I have seen over the past 18 years.

The `Chain Link Fences" have stopped growing and the traffic pattern in the infield is great except there aren't enough lanes ANYWHERE.

I met up with a Marshal from Scotland (1st time here) an `oldtimer' from Holland.

Weather is glorious: High 27° C, low 13° . Rain expected in early morning but gone before noon.

Wish you were here.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3017552)   #74
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^Thanks for the update, currently en route. The large crowd surely must be due to it being the 50th?.... My first Daytona 24 so the larger crowd should add to the atmosphere.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 00:54 (Ref:3017554)   #75
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems there's been more buzz leading up to this 24 than ones previous. Certainly there is an increase in media coverage. Could be part of the reason for the increased attendance. IMO the field is the best its been in the DP era and its the most I personally have been looking forward to a Rolex race in about 10 years.