Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 May 2014, 10:42 (Ref:3400696)   #151
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I hope that is a drinking spirit and not one to haunt the meeting
Old 2 May 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3400699)   #152
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I read the entire "who is coming" thread. 40 will certainly attend :
AllonFS
ATLFalconsFAN
Aysedasi
batmobile
bella
Bentley03
bernard b
BudLightJaguar
claude2cv
CTD
Elaviel
eps
Foxy_Marshal
frostie
Gingers4Justice
GT6
GTfour
Hawkwood
isynge
JoshuaLeMans
kpkorsager
Le Vieux
lemansfan
Mal
nkoske
nobster
Number7
Osella
PascaLM
rblanshard
Simmi
skeeskirrt
The Badger
Tim the Grey
tonypowe
Truckosaurus
Victor_RO
vincegail
wewantourdarbyback
whitemr2
And maybe :
Adam43
AstonGeoff
brico
Dead-Eye
deggis
dj choc ice
Djcomix
greynomad
Groupc
Knowlesy
Mike E
modela
NelisB
Peat
Pilgrimage
Richard117
schmidder
Spyderman
Steptoe
Tim240z
TimD
Tont
valedave
And I have not included friends or family members. That will probably be a new record . Did I forget anyone ?
Of course we will raise our glasses to people en poste near the track and those who won't come unfortunately.

Last edited by PascaLM; 2 May 2014 at 11:02.
Old 2 May 2014, 11:15 (Ref:3400704)   #153
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I hope that is a drinking spirit and not one to haunt the meeting
after having the first it might result in the second...
Old 2 May 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3400711)   #154
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Should be able to get pilgrimage to attend as i can threaten to not give him a lift home, but Helen?(elaviel) is still uncertain she will be able to come down on Friday and is currently coughing away feeling very poorly, but unfortunately for you lot no chance of me not being there
Old 3 May 2014, 11:33 (Ref:3401097)   #155
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

My travelling budget was slightly increased. Just sold my 11-year old Chrysler with four-digit price.

Old 3 May 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3401574)   #156
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
After the spa meeting perhaps we should rename the meeting the rebellion fan club meet, now all we need is a large rebellion flag, over to you Bart
Old 4 May 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3401767)   #157
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
We are indeed fans of Rebellion ever since that wonderful pit visit.
Old 4 May 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3401887)   #158
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
After the spa meeting perhaps we should rename the meeting the rebellion fan club meet, now all we need is a large rebellion flag, over to you Bart
Last year as I remember they had a incredable large flag (two). They unpacked it a GS Leonard and it was shown just before the start. However they didn't succeed in keeping it up a long time because 'the spectators of motorsport' didn't seem to understand it was a pretty cool sight. I'm talking about the extreem large flags you also see in footbal stadions. Please try again this year Rebellion. Maybe also TV will pick it up.
Old 4 May 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3401893)   #159
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Last year as I remember they had a incredable large flag (two). They unpacked it a GS Leonard and it was shown just before the start. However they didn't succeed in keeping it up a long time because 'the spectators of motorsport' didn't seem to understand it was a pretty cool sight. I'm talking about the extreem large flags you also see in footbal stadions. Please try again this year Rebellion. Maybe also TV will pick it up.
And if who ever has it could pop along to the meeting it would be good to have it as a back ground to the photo of the meet to show who we are supporting
Old 4 May 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3401896)   #160
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And if who ever has it could pop along to the meeting it would be good to have it as a back ground to the photo of the meet to show who we are supporting
As much as I respect Rebellion, I don't want the Le Mans sub-froum to turn into a fan club, for a particular team.
Fans of all teams should feel welcome here, and we as fans should be fans of diversity, even though we might be having a bit support for a particular Dark horse .
Old 4 May 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3401901)   #161
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Personally I am a fan of Michelin. I have a few reasons for being one. First is that I live in Greenville, South Carolina which is home to Michelin North American Head Quarters. As such I have friends and neighbors who work for Michelin (I do not). Because of these friends and them knowing that I am a huge endurance racing fan they have been nice enough to take care of me at several events. Last year at COTA I was fortunate to have been invited to their suite and got to wine and dine with Audi drivers and team principals and Corvette drivers and team principals, also getting to go on a few pit tours during races and visits with the tire engineers on the pit walls during the race. For the last year of ALMS and now with TUSC I have been invited as a guest of Michelin and all the perks that go along with that. I've also been invited to take on line courses that have taught me many things I never knew about tires and have shown that Michelin does in fact make the best tires both for racing and for consumers. Both my car and my wife's car have now and will always have Michelin tires on them.

What's fun about being a fan of Michelin is that it doesn't beholden me to one team. I can still root for the Porsche drivers I like, I can root for the American Corvette team while in France (I don't normally root for them over here but that's another story). I can root for all of the P1 teams for different reasons.

So I may be the guy bringing a Michelin flag to the meet up (I'm planning to wear one like a cape). Hopefully that won't offend anyone unless they are a fan of a particular P2 team or two.

Michelin, a brand we can all root for!
Old 4 May 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3401910)   #162
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It would be way to big for the meeting, the flag is absolutely GIANT, it covers half the GS from top to bottem. Really awsome.
Old 4 May 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3401913)   #163
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
As much as I respect Rebellion, I don't want the Le Mans sub-froum to turn into a fan club, for a particular team.
Fans of all teams should feel welcome here, and we as fans should be fans of diversity, even though we might be having a bit support for a particular Dark horse .
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm a fan of everything that happens in LM.
Old 4 May 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3401917)   #164
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Hey we all like all of the cars even Ferarri's and all of the teams that make this the greatest race on earth, but some teams go out of their way to be generous to the people on this forum and that is why saying thank you to them is always nice
Old 4 May 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3401918)   #165
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
ATLFalconsFAN, you make me feel jealouse
Old 4 May 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3401925)   #166
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
So I may be the guy bringing a Michelin flag to the meet up (I'm planning to wear one like a cape). Hopefully that won't offend anyone unless they are a fan of a particular P2 team or two.

Michelin, a brand we can all root for!
how about a Michelin man?
only joking .. a flag is good enough

Ciao Marco
Old 4 May 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3401929)   #167
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hey we all like all of the cars even Ferarri's and all of the teams that make this the greatest race on earth, but some teams go out of their way to be generous to the people on this forum and that is why saying thank you to them is always nice
I agree with you Simon, in the same way that many of us is a part of the official OAK fan club. But I just think we should keep Ten-Tenths neutral towards an official fan statement - but of course showing Rebellion how much we appreciate what they do as an awesome team!
Old 4 May 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3401943)   #168
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Yes, thank you. Also fully agree on this.
Old 4 May 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3401973)   #169
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
how about a Michelin man?
only joking .. a flag is good enough
Was it last year or the year before that he was on the stand next to us?
Next time we should drag him into our meeting and give him something to drink, Romanian rocketfuel would be fun...
Old 4 May 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3402039)   #170
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I agree.

Oh, by the way, here is Simon....

Old 5 May 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3402357)   #171
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think that was 2012 the toyota guys were filming for toyota TV with live pictures being sent to Japan. If teams are good to us then we should give them our support, I think we all have favourite teams but have respect for all the teams that turn up and each year our feelings for teams changes and the old british support the underdog does come through
Old 5 May 2014, 07:01 (Ref:3402366)   #172
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if someone has already missed the meeting because he didn't find the right place.
Old 5 May 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3402393)   #173
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think that was 2012 the toyota guys were filming for toyota TV with live pictures being sent to Japan. If teams are good to us then we should give them our support, I think we all have favourite teams but have respect for all the teams that turn up and each year our feelings for teams changes and the old british support the underdog does come through
Last year Simon.
Old 5 May 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3402508)   #174
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes you are right it was a little cold last year so wearing a sweatshirt over the rebellion shirt
Old 5 May 2014, 20:13 (Ref:3402575)   #175
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Still have my Rebellion t-shirt from the garage visit (whenever it was). Had a soft spot for them since then, they were really welcoming, let us ask loads of questions; I remember particularly the huge difference in size between the LMP1 engine and the road car based LMP2 engine. It really added to my understanding of the challenges that faced the team and running what looked like on the surface two identical cars, but which were very different under the bodywork.

Having said that I love the underdog teams, WM, Norma, Debora spring to mind. Often (considerably) slower than GT cars, but there for the love of it and let's not forget it's small teams like those that keep Le Mans going in the lean years when the big manufacturers go AWOL. Finally I always cheer any team linked to Henri P.