Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Apr 2014, 16:00 (Ref:3389028)   #351
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Points are awarded in GT-A based upon overall finishes, not finishes in GT-A alone. That allows SCCA to bump a driver into GT without changing the points structure. If a GT-A driver finishes 7 places ahead of the next GT-A driver, his lead in points (for GT-A) would be huge, not just a single position's worth. The class is GT, with a "sportsman" points category within. Think of it like a rookie of the year battle...
Old 5 Apr 2014, 22:40 (Ref:3389099)   #352
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Which is how more these series should be doing it, in my belief. Maybe a bit more difficult to enforce with multiple drivers though, I understand that.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 20:51 (Ref:3389461)   #353
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
So, I could enter GT-A and still win GT-P when it comes to a championship? If I get 1000 points at the end of the year yet the best GT-P guy only gets 999, I win the GT-P championship and the GT-A championship? I thought GT-A and GT-P were completely separate classes and had their own points system and championship.
Yes, and if I could hold my breath for days and shoot missiles out my ass I'd be a submarine. But neither that nor a GT-A eligible driver winning over pros will likely happen.

Although I will defer to Mike's judgement about all the drivers' skill sets and cars in the series.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3390283)   #354
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for asking questions. I spent lots of time in Europe and have gone to a bunch of GT3 races. I was hoping a GT3 series would be here in the US but I guess not. It's GT3 cars mixed in with others.

As for the driver rules, this system almost sounds like what Grand-Am did with that sportsman class they had (I can't remember the name). Didn't those drivers get overall points yet they got sportsman points too?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3390292)   #355
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Sorry for asking questions. I spent lots of time in Europe and have gone to a bunch of GT3 races. I was hoping a GT3 series would be here in the US but I guess not. It's GT3 cars mixed in with others.

As for the driver rules, this system almost sounds like what Grand-Am did with that sportsman class they had (I can't remember the name). Didn't those drivers get overall points yet they got sportsman points too?
Yeah, though their method of calculation for the Truman/Akin (sportsman) award points made the GreenXChallenge look like primary school maths.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3390329)   #356
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never really followed WC until this year and after the first race I will definitely be following it closely this year.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3390343)   #357
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I never really followed WC until this year and after the first race I will definitely be following it closely this year.
Welcome to the forum! WC has been a good series for a long time. It has had a few lean years here and there, but great to see it pick up over the last few.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3390839)   #358
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
CRP Hawk Racing have ditched their WC-spec. Nissan GTR for an Audi R8 Ultra, bringing the number of those cars in GT to 7 (!) - 4 of them in GT-A.

I expect Mike Skeen to be at the sharp end of the field.

Only a single race at Long Beach this weekend, Sunday April 13, 4.30 pm Pacific time (7.30 EST), live stream starts half an hour before that at http://www.world-challengetv.com/

We'll gonna see a new winner in GT this season no matter what.

Looking forward to it!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3390900)   #359
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
CRP Hawk Racing have ditched their WC-spec. Nissan GTR for an Audi R8 Ultra, bringing the number of those cars in GT to 7 (!) - 4 of them in GT-A.

I expect Mike Skeen to be at the sharp end of the field.
I wondered how long it was going to take before they parked the GT-R again but I was expecting the Corvette to turn up. I think I would have rather seen the Corvette than another Audi, just to add some more variety to the grid, and it was a proven race winner.

Agreed though, I'm sure Skeen will wind up at the pointy end assuming he doesn't take long to get comfortable in the new car.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 23:53 (Ref:3390920)   #360
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably a very sound financial and competitive decision. A friend of mine has been pondering an R8 LMS for his shop, and said you can find them used for a remarkably cheap price, for a competitive race car...$150k ballpark and there are plenty of them out there.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 00:06 (Ref:3390923)   #361
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike Hedlund was just selling a used Audi R8 Ultra, wasn't he... ?
Old 11 Apr 2014, 02:55 (Ref:3390951)   #362
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Mike Hedlund was just selling a used Audi R8 Ultra, wasn't he... ?
Not me, but DragonSpeed is selling one.

Btw, the LMS != Ultra and the Ultra's are a lot more than $150k. :-)

-mike
Old 11 Apr 2014, 04:26 (Ref:3390961)   #363
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great. They were never going to win with the WC-spec GTR in the first place.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3391067)   #364
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
according to EI's Monza notebook, HTP are considering sending an SLS to the US after the N24, for the second half of the WC season. Not sure how many cars they have in total, but I guess three or four.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3391081)   #365
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
GT/GTS still has 4 meetings on their schedule after the Ring 24H (6/21-22):
Toronto 7/19 & 7/20
Mid-Ohio 8/2 & 8/3
Sonoma 8/23 & 8/24
Miller MSP 9/14
(all double header except Miller)
Old 11 Apr 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3391082)   #366
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Not sure how many cars they have in total, but I guess three or four.
If you believe the rumors about them only being a very thinly-veiled factory team, basically, as many as they want...
Old 11 Apr 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3391101)   #367
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be great to see more SLS's running here. Any word on the drivers?
Old 11 Apr 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3391147)   #368
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Not me, but DragonSpeed is selling one.

Btw, the LMS != Ultra and the Ultra's are a lot more than $150k. :-)

-mike

figured I was missing something there
Old 12 Apr 2014, 04:38 (Ref:3391383)   #369
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
If you believe the rumors about them only being a very thinly-veiled factory team, basically, as many as they want...
HTP = Heico, and the Heico operation was as close to factory as you can get without actually being called one.

Quote:
It'll be great to see more SLS's running here. Any word on the drivers?
Doesn't matter who really. If they bring just one of their regulars, they'd absolutely decimate the field (like Enge).
Old 12 Apr 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3391446)   #370
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
After seeing Bernd Schneider decimate the Aus GT field at Sydney a year or so ago without having seen the track before, he'd be up to speed very quickly. Would be a great choice
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:08 (Ref:3392127)   #371
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pre-race is up.

http://www.world-challengetv.com/#/races/906
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3392130)   #372
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing choppy, laggy streaming?
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:18 (Ref:3392134)   #373
Coach Ep
Veteran

No, same here, let's hope it improves dramatically over the next couple of minutes...
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:21 (Ref:3392135)   #374
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was working great, just stopped working all together, I've tried refreshing...
Maybe just not quite ready for full broadcast, moving static-cam video has returned, no sound

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 13 Apr 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3392138)   #375
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Youtube feed isn't bad, but it is only 360p which does suck on a 70" screen.

Cheyne