Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 May 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3402473)   #526
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Mike Hedlund is now missing from the Detroit entry list, what's up with that Mike?
Old 5 May 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3402484)   #527
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Mike Hedlund is now missing from the Detroit entry list, what's up with that Mike?
Could it be something to do with the fact that the Le Mans test day is on the same weekend?
Old 5 May 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3402492)   #528
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Could it be something to do with the fact that the Le Mans test day is on the same weekend?
He'd wish!
Old 5 May 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3402516)   #529
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth from the program (with a relatively tiny budget) to show what I could do and Barber qualifying was the last straw. I had a bad enough year in 2013 wasting money looking like a chump, vowed I wouldn't make that same mistake again.

I'm still a huge fan of the series and I think it's the best value for both drivers, teams, and sponsors at the moment. A few people are interested in my car so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up back on the entry list with a different team/driver for at least Detroit.

Thank you guys very much for the support this year! Seriously, I'm not a professional who's used to meeting hundreds of people every weekend who follow my progress and I've been lucky enough to meet a dozen or so folks from the forums at the races and it means a lot.

Not sure what I'll do next... haven't been able to show my speed to enough people to get the Pro-Am budgets low enough in the endurance series and I'm burned out on spending a lot of coin to go racing. Maybe GRC or Baja...

-mike
Old 5 May 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3402517)   #530
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well, I did submit my paperwork at the urging of some guys I know who work for teams in the WEC. Just last week I was blessed w/ an FIA Bronze rating.. and with the new Bronze requirements in the WEC Pro-Am classes you never know.

-mike
Old 5 May 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3402527)   #531
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
Well, I did submit my paperwork at the urging of some guys I know who work for teams in the WEC. Just last week I was blessed w/ an FIA Bronze rating.. and with the new Bronze requirements in the WEC Pro-Am classes you never know.

-mike
Best of luck, Mike. If Ricky Taylor can score a Le Mans drive,( )you're just as deserving!
Seriously! I hope good things happen for you.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 5 May 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3402582)   #532
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes sense. When you are spending the sponsors money, you have to look after them. If the team won't, then you probably need to go elsewhere. There has to be another team out there in PWC that you could run with. Has it got to the point where PWC is growing so fast that there is too much demand and not enough cars? It would be a loss to see you go to the WEC as PWC is the best thing out there in the states. Maybe contact Dyson? They could possibly run another Bentley (I'd like to see more of those neat looking cars out there).
Old 6 May 2014, 01:21 (Ref:3402656)   #533
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Drive a Viper Mr. Hedlund! Sorry, just my favorite GT out there.
Old 6 May 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3402840)   #534
Coach Ep
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
Makes sense. When you are spending the sponsors money, you have to look after them. If the team won't, then you probably need to go elsewhere. There has to be another team out there in PWC that you could run with. Has it got to the point where PWC is growing so fast that there is too much demand and not enough cars? It would be a loss to see you go to the WEC as PWC is the best thing out there in the states. Maybe contact Dyson? They could possibly run another Bentley (I'd like to see more of those neat looking cars out there).
WEC & Bentley, just two names that are not at all associated with burning a couple of those nice smelling green-and-white pieces of paper...

Anyways, good luck Mike, please keep us in the loop of the 'backdoor gossip' as much as you can! Hope to see you compete somewhere soon again!
Old 6 May 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3402903)   #535
Brownj
Racer

United States
Georgia, US
Brownj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't feel like I was getting my moneys worth from the program (with a relatively tiny budget) to show what I could do and Barber qualifying was the last straw. I had a bad enough year in 2013 wasting money looking like a chump, vowed I wouldn't make that same mistake again.

I'm still a huge fan of the series and I think it's the best value for both drivers, teams, and sponsors at the moment. A few people are interested in my car so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up back on the entry list with a different team/driver for at least Detroit.

Thank you guys very much for the support this year! Seriously, I'm not a professional who's used to meeting hundreds of people every weekend who follow my progress and I've been lucky enough to meet a dozen or so folks from the forums at the races and it means a lot.

Not sure what I'll do next... haven't been able to show my speed to enough people to get the Pro-Am budgets low enough in the endurance series and I'm burned out on spending a lot of coin to go racing. Maybe GRC or Baja...

-mike
Sorry to see you won't be continuing in PWC, Mike! I've enjoyed watching your progress, and appreciate the perspective you share with the fans. Hoping you can turn up in something else this year.
Old 7 May 2014, 01:57 (Ref:3403157)   #536
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownj View Post
Sorry to see you won't be continuing in PWC, Mike! I've enjoyed watching your progress, and appreciate the perspective you share with the fans. Hoping you can turn up in something else this year.
Well mike...I think you are a smart guy for assessing as you go..best of luck to you. Hope to see you racing again sometime soon...
Old 7 May 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3403313)   #537
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe we should start a crowdfunding program here for Mike?

https://www.kickstarter.com is just one of many
Old 7 May 2014, 12:45 (Ref:3403332)   #538
Coach Ep
Veteran

I believe Mike has enough money on his own, he just does't want to overspend it on an expensive racing program.

Now me on the other hand...
Old 7 May 2014, 17:03 (Ref:3403430)   #539
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
I believe Mike has enough money on his own, he just does't want to overspend it on an expensive racing program.

Now me on the other hand...
Well... you can never have "enough", but I do appreciate the thoughts pederb! Even if I was a billionaire (which I'm not), I still wouldn't spend multiple millions per year on racing indefinitely. There's just to many other things that money could go to in the world for me to sleep easy at night.

Now spending some of that to prove you're fast enough to get a Pro-Am ride somewhere w/ a heavy discount... that's a reasonable risk to me.

But back on topic-- the PWC series is going to be strong the rest of the year. I'm anxious to see how Dyson starts out with the Bentleys and how RealTime gets on with the new Acuras.

I might be testing the 458 GT3 car for the new owner at Road America in a few weeks and I'm really curious what the lap times will look like compared to GTE last year. I'm not sure if anyone's ran a full GT3 car at RA yet...

-mike
Old 7 May 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3403447)   #540
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I might be testing the 458 GT3 car for the new owner at Road America in a few weeks and I'm really curious what the lap times will look like compared to GTE last year. I'm not sure if anyone's ran a full GT3 car at RA yet...

-mike
Should be fun, keep us posted on your times.
Old 7 May 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3403470)   #541
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And best wishes from here, too. I've enjoyed your insights both here and on the ALMS fan forum (as was). Was looking forward to saying "hi" at an event in the future but not to be I guess (at least, not WC this year).

Richard.
Old 7 May 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3403535)   #542
ttdriver2009
Racer

Reiter has that second car that won St.Pete sitting around. That would be the perfect car to hop into. It's shown that it's a proven front runner.
Old 7 May 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3403553)   #543
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
Reiter has that second car that won St.Pete sitting around. That would be the perfect car to hop into. It's shown that it's a proven front runner.
Any car on the PWC grid can win a race or come in last, depending on the effort the team puts forth. $/effort is the key thing to remember here.

I would be up for a short trip over to RA to see some practice...haha.
Old 14 May 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3406254)   #544
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Mosport round is this weekend. There's 25 entries: 7 TC, 6 TCA and 12 TCB.

Race 1 - Friday, 5:25pm Eastern
Race 2 - Saturday, 10:35am
Race 3 - Sunday, 10:30am

At Barber, the TC polesitter had a 1'38.9 time and the TCA polsitter a 1'41.9. Wouldn't it be better to merge both classes by reducing the air intake of the TC cars?
Old 14 May 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3406265)   #545
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Mosport round is this weekend. There's 25 entries: 7 TC, 6 TCA and 12 TCB.

Race 1 - Friday, 5:25pm Eastern
Race 2 - Saturday, 10:35am
Race 3 - Sunday, 10:30am

At Barber, the TC polesitter had a 1'38.9 time and the TCA polsitter a 1'41.9. Wouldn't it be better to merge both classes by reducing the air intake of the TC cars?
Sure, but someone would go home without a trophy and we can't have that, can we?
Old 14 May 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3406334)   #546
ttdriver2009
Racer

What is the difference between TC and TCA? I see MX-5's and Civics in both classes. I figured out the difference with the TCB cars but it does seem that TCA was formed to give everyone a trophy.
Old 14 May 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3406414)   #547
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
TCA is just like GTA.
Old 15 May 2014, 02:40 (Ref:3406447)   #548
Kartracer88f
Rookie

Kartracer88f should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's incorrect. TCA is more of a showroom stock category, with less engine and suspension modifications than TC. They are trying to get everyone to move that way to allow club racers to go pro racing easily. I'd bet TC will go away next year to be replaced by TCA (though they'd prob rename TCA TC)
Old 15 May 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3406637)   #549
ttdriver2009
Racer

Are the TC cars like the ST cars that run in IMSA? The Hondas and Mazdas look the same but I noticed in ST there are Caymans, Altimas, Genesis', three different types of BMW's, in addition to the Hondas and Mazdas. In TC and TCA, it's Mazdas, Hondas and a pair of Kias. Why isn't there more variety in TC and TCA?
Old 15 May 2014, 14:42 (Ref:3406646)   #550
Kartracer88f
Rookie

Kartracer88f should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are very similar, though there's a few more things you can do in TC. TC is really a class they've ignored and diminished to where it's hardly a pro race. At this point it's so low tier, with so little coverage and prize money that it's really a club race occasional pro drivers. With entries rather high, and prize, tracks, events, and status so low most people would much rather run ST than TC.