alec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday's a 9:15 sign on isn't it?
Old 27 Apr 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1288953)   #27
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Depends what time we go to bed Saturday night!

Should I have passes? Did I even volunteer? I'm going to be there anyway.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1289644)   #28
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just batt your eyelids at the gateman woolley - you will be fine!! Probably have better effect if mrs woolley does it tho!!!
Old 2 May 2005, 11:08 (Ref:1291437)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was very good to be back out there at last, and a cracking event. Nice to meet up with so many friends again. Jan wasn't feeling to good on Sunday night, so we came home earlier than expected, sorry to abandon you, blackx.

The new tarmac seemed to be gaining grip, and the newly surfaced paddock looked very smart. Our own b1ackcr0w worked wonders down there on Sunday improving the trhough-put. Nice words were spoken by winner Martin Groves and it was great that he singled out the paddock crew for special mention. Well done Al. I'm not too sure about the new tyres on the exit of Pardon, but time will tell. Further improvements for the marshals include a hot potato oven given by the marshals, and FREE baked potatos were given to members of the Prescott Marshals club (£3.50 season's membership). Once more Prescott sets the example of how to make marshals feel welcome.

I gather a small crowd have headed off to Colerne or Combe today, so see most of you again for Shelsley's first meeting?
Old 2 May 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1291582)   #30
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Got to agree with you there mate £3.50 for full use of facilities, radio, tv, somewhere to kip, free hot spuds, discount on the breakfast. Don,t get much better than Prescott.
Midland rescue will be better when we get the snooker table mended.The damage was caused by Gizmo over filling the jacuzzi.
Old 2 May 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1291598)   #31
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gizmo turns to the darkside and still manages to cause chaos eh?......
A cracking weekend was had by all I think.....Plenty of good company and food and beer ....

My thanks must also go to Tim and Will Mason and family for making my two kiddies welcome on Sunday....They had an absolute ball......Thanks guys ....
Old 2 May 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1291623)   #32
Max J
Retired
Rookie

Max J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
black x
not all 108 for an entry and what a complete sham of a meeting seen better organised snail racing why do so many other places give 3 practice runs and no return road and this lot cant organise **** up in brewery
yours one of many disgruntled racer
Old 2 May 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1291624)   #33
blackx
Veteran

England
You wouldnt be one of the racers that insinuated that marshals were to blame for not everyone getting a 3rd run were you??

Thing is........If the racers has stayed on the blackstuff then there would have been NO hold-ups at all.....
Old 2 May 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1291635)   #34
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Gizmo turns to the darkside and still manages to cause chaos eh?......
A cracking weekend was had by all I think.....Plenty of good company and food and beer ....

My thanks must also go to Tim and Will Mason and family for making my two kiddies welcome on Sunday....They had an absolute ball......Thanks guys ....
No problem at all. We did also.....your daughter has amazing intelligence! im thinking she could help me with my university course...

And about Saturday....was nothing to do with the marshalls at all! It was crap though....Prescott have all the facilities, just dont seem to be able to use them. Maybe it would work in the hands of another club. I no its the same for everyone but when im at uni and got to pay £108 for four runs....£25 a run....its terrible.

They seem to lose loads of time dealing with incidents...again not the marshals fault...because "health and safety" stipulates that no manual handling is allowed? At other events (with marshalls from prescott there) incidents are cleared much quicker...because they are allowed to move the cars quickly without having to use that machine. Last year i drove out the gravel and got told off for not leaving it in there...so they could use that thing to lift me out! Again this would have wasted loads of time!!!

Finally they could have realised that we werent going to get through all the 3rd runs and stopped championship competitors from running as this provided an unfair advantage.

Last edited by wi11iamm; 2 May 2005 at 20:28. Reason: Sounded wrong
Old 2 May 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1291640)   #35
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11iamm
No problem at all. We did also.....your daughter has amazing intelligence! im thinking she could help me with my university course...

And about Saturday....was nothing to do with the marshalls at all! It was crap though....Prescott have all the facilities, just dont seem to be able to use them. Maybe it would work in the hands of another club. I no its the same for everyone but when im at uni and got to pay £108 for four runs....£25 a run....its terrible.

They seem to lose loads of time dealing with incidents...again not the marshals fault...because "health and safety" stipulates that no manual handling is allowed? At other events (with marshalls from prescott there) incidents are cleared much quicker...because they are allowed to move the cars quickly without having to use that machine. Last year i drove out the gravel and got told off for not leaving it in there...so they could use that thing to lift me out! Again this would have wasted loads of time!!!

Finally they could have realised that we werent going to get through all the 3rd runs and stopped championship competitors from running as this provided an unfair advantage.

I fully understand what you are saying about the "Tonka Toy"...
It is a bind sometimes even for us to have to wait to trundle to the incident to do its thing..
I used to have one go at shifting an errant motor while it was on its way...If it moves then you can always send it back and by the time you have swept up its parked away in its slot and there is no real time loss but as you correctly state H&S have bocome involved and not only at Prescott and I feel sometimes it proves detrimental as opposed to benificial but thats an indication of the times we live in
Old 2 May 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1291644)   #36
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yer H&S (and not just in motorsport) is getting way ott.

Anyway maybe next Prescott national solutions can be found. I.E less people going off cus track is more predictable (im proud to say that the list didnt include me!! ) and also taking a smaller entry to ensure that everyone gets value for money!
Old 3 May 2005, 07:22 (Ref:1291796)   #37
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Can I ask everybody to hold back on the debate about 3rd runs and the reasons for the problems experienced on Sunday please?

I had a unique insight into them on Sunday. Rather than there being one problem, there were a range of difficulties that compounded one upon the other that resulted in the curtailment of run 3.

I can promise you that everybody on the whole team at the event were mortified and are fully committed to putting it right.

The opinion of all drivers who were disgruntled has been very carefully noted.

There are a number of measures the club has the option to implement, however none of them will work without some goodwill and co-operation from the competitors. So, with that in mind, I would ask for a little breathing space so we can figure out the solutions in a calm and rational atmosphere. Hopefully that will mean there will be some noticable improvements very soon.
Old 3 May 2005, 08:30 (Ref:1291832)   #38
rescue dude
Veteran

England
The new surface made the tyres squeal a lot more than usual, kept waking the rescue crew up! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Old 3 May 2005, 08:34 (Ref:1291835)   #39
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Kitten Kat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They kept us awake and busy at Esses!!

But it was a great weekend and good to see everyone again
Old 3 May 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1291837)   #40
rescue dude
Veteran

England
The other thing that kept us awake were the two kats running up and down the track. Very distracting that.
Old 3 May 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1291848)   #41
rescue dude
Veteran

England
A cat,s motto: "no matter what you,ve done wrong,alway,s make it look like the dog did it."
Old 3 May 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1291884)   #42
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude
The other thing that kept us awake were the two kats running up and down the track. Very distracting that.
I'm impressed and surprised rescue noticed!! Seeing your normal rescue position is sleep
Old 3 May 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1291885)   #43
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Quote:
A cat,s motto: "no matter what you,ve done wrong,alway,s make it look like the dog did it."
Explain what you mean???
Old 3 May 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1291920)   #44
rescue dude
Veteran

England
don,t mean nuffin. Just a general cat quote. I thought it was funny.
Old 3 May 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1291940)   #45
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Quote:
don,t mean nuffin. Just a general cat quote. I thought it was funny.
Let you off then cheeky

Thanks to all the rescue crew for your help. Esses had a really busy time this weekend and with limited marshals, your help was very welcomed. Thank you
Old 3 May 2005, 11:46 (Ref:1291948)   #46
rescue dude
Veteran

England
No problemo. Always happy to help.
Old 3 May 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1292192)   #47
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all, glad most of you had a good time at the weekend, with so many things new we were pleased that things went as they did.

For those of you who didn`t enjoy things as much then perhaps it will go better next time however I would ask you to take note of the comments made by blackcrow and take a little time to consider before commenting.
I would like to correct one comment regarding manual handling, marshals are not instructed to leave the car and wait for the tonka toy, they are asked that should a car go in then they should get it on the way to them so that if they are unable to get it out manually then it is there ready for them to use, hence saving time.
Old 3 May 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1292215)   #48
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, First time I've had a chance to post, Had a great first day at Prescot (the walk to the post is more difficult than Combe!!)
But Fancy robbing me of £3.50 as soon as I'm recognized as new!!!!!
Was the Driver of the Tvr that went of Between Ettores (my post) and Orchard ok in the end, he wasn't half moving at the time, It was obvious he was going to do it though! (don't mean that in a bad way!!)

See you again soon, Lee
Old 4 May 2005, 07:09 (Ref:1292590)   #49
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Lee, glad you had a good day, good to put a face to a name. I spoke with the TVR driver and his son some time later that day and can confirm that he was shaken but not stirred and yes you`re right, by his own admission he put the power in too early exiting ettores and paid the price.
Old 4 May 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1292594)   #50
Kitten Kat
Rookie

Glad to hear the TVR driver is OK.

Lee, it wasn't personal all marshals got robbed of £3.50!! But it's worth it think of the benefits!!