Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Apr 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1279728)   #1
martinparsons
Racer

martinparsons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Production S1 Brands Hatch

Any opinions ??????????

I'll give mine another day when i've calmed down a bit

MP
Old 16 Apr 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1279828)   #2
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know the winning car was reported twice for barging poeple out of the way on purpose it seems (apparently)-sending one car into the tyre wall at Clearways...I must add that I saw neither of these incidents though. Poor Terry Flack, having just spent an arm and a leg to get his car out after blowing up at the press day got sent into the barriers a few yards after the start! The chassis is broken and also very bent. Fortunately the driver was ok though. A superb series though a few slapped wrists needed to be handed out possibly?
Old 17 Apr 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1280454)   #3
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinparsons
Any opinions ??????????

I'll give mine another day when i've calmed down a bit

MP

??

What happend?
Old 17 Apr 2005, 15:51 (Ref:1280474)   #4
martinparsons
Racer

Very bad tempered race.......

I was judged by the clerk of the course to have caused 2 incidents and accepted my punishment for it, end of story. (got a lot to say, but it's over now)

I suffered being hit on the rear quarter twice through Surtees, not a nice spot on the circuit to be hit and also suffered from excessive blocking and weaving tactics during the race. My co-driver suffered similar problems and was going to protest one particular car, but was too late to get his protest in.

Speaking with other drivers afterwards I found some of them had suffered the same.

Let’s hope Snettertons a bit nicer.

Still enjoyed the race though.

MP

PS. For anyone accusing me of being over-aggressive please note that all damage on my car was from the doors rearwards – no marks on front or wings – hope that speaks for itself.

Last edited by martinparsons; 17 Apr 2005 at 15:51.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1280506)   #5
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously blinkered then Martin? Thought I saw a bent towing eye on the front right together with a cracked bumper and paint/panel damage.

PS. My BMW is off to the body shop this week to be straightened out.

Remember Graham Hill Bend???
Old 17 Apr 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1280514)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would this all be better discussed at a drivers meeting / with the series co-ordinator??
Old 17 Apr 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1280516)   #7
martinparsons
Racer

Ok
Agree with Dan Friel, did not start this as a mud slinging session, that can only cause more resentment, just hoping someone will say "yea great race i enjoyed it"

MP
Old 17 Apr 2005, 18:47 (Ref:1280582)   #8
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Shawn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I saw of he race from the back paddock it did look a good race as a matter of fact. What happended to the green Civic that burst into flames between Druids and Graham Hill?
It looked very dramatic.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1280649)   #9
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Richard Gane/Chris Adams in their Civic. Chris was catching the Clio, but then tailed off and disappeared....

I'll agree with the comments on here. It's probably the worst "tempered" race I've ever seen in this series.

Following practice, I was pleased to see the 37 BMW back out. That was a nasty shunt side on into the tyres before Graham Hill bend. I watched it happen, and though "This is gonna hurt!". What caused the termination into the kitty litter at Druids? I assume something gave way....

My only comment is that it appeared more like a 10 lapper with a lot of "do or die" moves, more like a Seat Cupra race!

Rob.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1280688)   #10
Paul Dishman
Rookie

Paul Dishman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
What happened to Richard Gane/Chris Adams in their Civic. Chris was catching the Clio, but then tailed off and disappeared....
I spoke to Richard after the race, he said the gearbox broke and they lost drive. He reckoned they wouldn't have caught the Clio , but would definitely have beaten the Mazda for 2nd in class as Natasha Firman was slower than them.

Paul
Old 17 Apr 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1280700)   #11
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the only questionable thing i saw as a spectator was the lemmer / blencowe civic unnessarily making contact with the clio when it was lapped, i feel really sorry for the guy with the m3 it was mint at the start of the day and ended up looking very second hand
Old 18 Apr 2005, 07:48 (Ref:1280948)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
From what I saw of he race from the back paddock it did look a good race as a matter of fact. What happended to the green Civic that burst into flames between Druids and Graham Hill?
It looked very dramatic.
I was up at druids when that happened - I'm not entirely sure what the problem was but every lap through druids the front tyre(s?) were rubbing against the arches on full lock, for a couple of laps before it went up in flames there was a lot of smoke coming off the tyres too (certainly on the drivers side). About half way down the hill the wheel was engulfed in a sheet of flame, it looked like the wheel then locked and spun the car off the circuit.

Doesn't really answer the question does it? Anyone got a definitive answer?
Old 18 Apr 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1280979)   #13
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw both the Barwell Civic "moves" on the back markers. First I have to say that it wasn't Alan Blencowe sharing the car this weekend it was Simon Graves. Both "moves" were quite blatant and not at all necessary. He had a big enough lead to wait until both backmarkers could move safely out of his way, not good driving and I'm glad that he was fined. I'm also pleased that the Clio was able to continue and finished 4th.
I will also be at Snetterton for both days, lets hope that things run a bit smoother for everyone concerned!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1281277)   #14
DelaRonde
Racer

Canada
Cardiff
DelaRonde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Llandow was more sedate

And there was little old me pedalling/racing my Cannondale around Llandow in the horizontal rain, wishing I was many miles away in a racing car......

I think I'll stick to racing bicycles until it all calms down.....

I just hope the rain wasn't a portent for the Nurburgring 24 hour - they have already cancelled 2 VLN's because of the snow...
Old 18 Apr 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1281295)   #15
martinparsons
Racer

When has snow ever stopped you welshmen from driving ????????????????????????????????????

MP
Old 18 Apr 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1281296)   #16
martinparsons
Racer

PS Del, keep an eye out for my Alfa at the ring, bunch of italians piloting it !!!!!!!!!!!!

MP
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1281319)   #17
DelaRonde
Racer

Canada
Cardiff
I have to admit to having a photo of me testing an M3 in the snow.....glad I didn't take the heater out to save weight !!

Sounds like you were "Farfusing" a bit inthe race....and no, I am not talking about the side effects of your jellied eel diet !!

del
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1281332)   #18
martinparsons
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaRonde
Sounds like you were "Farfusing" a bit inthe race....and no, I am not talking about the side effects of your jellied eel diet !!

del

Not speaking welsh I do not know if thats an insult or a compliment, i'll take it as a compliment

Cheers Del

MP
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:20 (Ref:1281339)   #19
martinparsons
Racer

Bit off subject, whats happend to Jason Gore ?????? is he in prison at last ?????

Anyone know ????

MP
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1281352)   #20
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure James T' will be having words before the next race about driving standards so I guess we should leave that side to hime to sort out. The green Civic that caught fire..talking to Pete Daniels Sunday and says it is very badly damaged as all the inside rear has melted as has the underneath were apparently a lot of piping etc lays...even the plastic around the door locks had melted and so doubts if it be out again in the near future...he did say what caused it but I've forgotten!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1281361)   #21
DelaRonde
Racer

Canada
Cardiff
Farfus

To Farfus is to drive like a certain alfa romeo driver......

del
Old 18 Apr 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1281405)   #22
martinparsons
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaRonde
To Farfus is to drive like a certain alfa romeo driver......

del

Gabrielle tarquini will be very pleased to hear that lol

MP
Old 18 Apr 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1281432)   #23
matt_tentenths
Rookie

matt_tentenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a note to you S1 racers. (& Britcar/Britsports) There's a couple of reason's to stick a mini-dv cameras in your car:

1. To resolve any disputes about incidents and driving standards.
2. Give your footage to me and I'll get it on the SkySports coverage of selected races.

If you need help/advice on what camera to get and what camera mount, please PM me. Please also drop me a note if you have any footage from Brands.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 17:23 (Ref:1281439)   #24
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Matt, how about one in my car getting to and from the meetings-It would make for good veiwing I'm sure! ...hope to see dad out soon as well!! PS: Matt, if you get short of in car cameras-my friend Nick does an excellent service at present and might be able to help if lots require cameras as of now!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1281603)   #25
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping to fit a number of cameras to my car, including one looking forward, one looking back, and one looking at the nut behind the wheel.

Audio feed from the car to pits radio, as well as the sound of 6.6L of General Motors V8 to stir the loins!

The whole lot will be hooked up to a DVR type unit, which will timestamp the data to enable accurate linking into any TV broadcast.

That's the plan.

If I make a tit of myself, it'll be recorded for posterity!

Rob.