Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Jun 2012, 22:52 (Ref:3085361)   #226
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, that was just me waxing lyrically, anyway.

Who would want to watch a motor race at midnight... 7-10pm on a Saturday night might be workable, though.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3085623)   #227
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
There's no midnight sun at Anderstorp (or at any other major Swedish racing circuit – they are all way too south). They should travel to Mo i Rana or at least Kemora for that.
Well if the sky is clear it wont become compleartly dark, between midnight and 2 a.m is the darkest hours, and you can still walk in the woods without a flashlight wouthout a problem. Given its not cloudy, that is. An evening race between 8 and 12 or something like that would be cool. Seeing the sun settling slowly.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 12:30 (Ref:3090109)   #228
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After having watched two TTA races so far, I'm not too impressed with the series. The cars look decent, the sound is as well, but the racing has been sub-par in my opinion. It is close, but there aren't too many overtaking maneauvers in a race. In short, when I watch a TTA race, I just let it run in the background when I browse through the web. But maybe the Swedish race track don't really suit the TTA cars. I'd like to see them run at some DTM tracks, to make a comparision between the two. DTM has been better this year at tracks such as Hockenheim or Spielberg, both very wide tracks with long straights.

But on the other hand, I can't really say that STCC has scored so far...
Old 15 Jun 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3091485)   #229
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
After having watched two TTA races so far, I'm not too impressed with the series. The cars look decent, the sound is as well, but the racing has been sub-par in my opinion. It is close, but there aren't too many overtaking maneauvers in a race. In short, when I watch a TTA race, I just let it run in the background when I browse through the web. But maybe the Swedish race track don't really suit the TTA cars. I'd like to see them run at some DTM tracks, to make a comparision between the two. DTM has been better this year at tracks such as Hockenheim or Spielberg, both very wide tracks with long straights.

But on the other hand, I can't really say that STCC has scored so far...
I agree but seeing as they are a new series I think they have a decent foundation to build on.

For future seasons I hope they plan to run on for example Rudskogen in Norway, Mantorp Park and maybe Gotland Ring. Karlskoga obviously doesn't really fit these cars and they shouldn't run two races there.

Also they really need to improve the tv production!
Old 15 Jun 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3091516)   #230
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I agree but seeing as they are a new series I think they have a decent foundation to build on.

For future seasons I hope they plan to run on for example Rudskogen in Norway, Mantorp Park and maybe Gotland Ring. Karlskoga obviously doesn't really fit these cars and they shouldn't run two races there.

Also they really need to improve the tv production!
I hope they will have onboards for this weekend, they where supposed to have that at Anderstorp but didnt have time to put it in place.
Old 18 Jun 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3094027)   #231
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Highlights from an eventful race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aUr9I1TS8U4
Old 18 Jun 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3094037)   #232
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite eventful indeed, good to see. What idiot put those tirestacks there though? Even a child could see that resulting in unnecessary damage, which of course it did.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3094666)   #233
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Quite eventful indeed, good to see. What idiot put those tirestacks there though? Even a child could see that resulting in unnecessary damage, which of course it did.
They weren't there during friday practice and then someone decided the drivers cut the track too much through the chikanes and the tires were put out.

I don't think the cutting was that much of a problem though.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 12:14 (Ref:3102835)   #234
Pettersson
Racer

Sweden
Pettersson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another new driver for TTA:
http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7843

At the beginning of the season I placed a bet that there will be 10 or more different drivers in total at Brovallen this season. Let's see if someone owns me a beer after 2012

I can't help but wondering if Brovallen would be accepted as a TTA team today, given the criterias the TTA teams seems to have? They're not really the most financially strongest teams in Sweden.

It's interesting that TTA fans thought it was bad that many new rookies with old cars joined a top-level championship as STCC. I think it looks even worse that a team has to find new drivers for each event. OK, new drivers are always fun but where's the consistency? In a top championship as TTA where you get very limited time for testing you really need a good work between drivers and the engineers and it takes a few races to build up that kind of teamwork. It can't be good with new drivers working with new engineers every event and every driver wants the car their way. Can't see Brovallen getting higher up in the standings under these conitions (except Alx, and thank God they have him).
Old 6 Jul 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3102883)   #235
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Brovallen might be the Greece of TTA .
Old 6 Jul 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3103025)   #236
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hmmm, not funny
Old 11 Jul 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3105024)   #237
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole View Post
hmmm, not funny
Okay, I apologize for my cheap attempt at comedy here. I didn't want to offend anyone, but I guess jokes about that have run its course.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3105044)   #238
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On another note, the highlight video from Falkenberg is out. Brovallen is still very far behind, Brunstedt also caused some problems while beeing lapped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QI51bgZqsA

Hopefully there's teams interested in joining the series next year, a few more cars would be good for the racing.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3105068)   #239
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
BMW still doesn't allow the to use the grill?
Old 11 Jul 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3105104)   #240
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
BMW still doesn't allow the to use the grill?
The team cant use the grill, cant use BMW badges on the car and cant name the car a BMW model (just a silhouette replica)
Old 11 Jul 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3105120)   #241
Ola
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm, Sweden
Ola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
The team cant use the grill, cant use BMW badges on the car and cant name the car a BMW model (just a silhouette replica)
The car is allowed to be named BMW SR or BMW Silhouette Replica.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3105129)   #242
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
The car is allowed to be named BMW SR or BMW Silhouette Replica.
thats exactly what i said!
it cant use a real BMW model name.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3105146)   #243
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Because it has no BMW engine?
Old 11 Jul 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3105166)   #244
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Because it has no BMW engine?
because it has no BMW anything.
its just a replica shape of a 3 series.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3105175)   #245
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
There are plenty of other BMW silhoettes that have the BMW logo and gril (e.g. Turner Motorsport in GrandAm). I assume the problem is the car has no BMW engine.
Old 12 Jul 2012, 02:56 (Ref:3105415)   #246
Pole2Win
Rookie

Brazil
Pole2Win should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW is 100% right in not allowing this sham to use BMW symbols.

I find it amusing that TTA even has manufacturer support, and that the manufacturer that supports it the most (Volvo) doesn't even make the cars nor the engines!

Last edited by Pole2Win; 12 Jul 2012 at 03:04.
Old 15 Jul 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3106748)   #247
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there information on whether the TTA series next year more cars and new car manufacturers?
Old 19 Aug 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3121806)   #248
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fredrik Ekblom and Thed Björk secured a double victory for Volvo Polestar Racing in the fifth TTA – Racing Elite League race of 2012 at Karlskoga, a race which proved to be extremely eventful.

Ekblom heads the championship on 100 points with three races left of the season. Ohlsson remains in second 30 points behind and Björk third a further five points behind. TTA continues in two weeks time at Anderstorp.
Quote:
Alx Danielsson blasts opponents for rough driving

Touringcartimes.com/19.08.2012

Alx Danielsson was right in the thick of the action in the fifth TTA - Racing Elite Leauge of 2012 at Karlskoga which proved to be eventful, too eventful according to the Citroën driver.

"I am really disappointed with the way people were driving, they seemed desperate," said Danielsson after the race.

The Citroën driver made a storming start from seventh on the grid to third after the first couple of corners. But as the track started to get greasy from a light rain shower, Danielsson was caught and passed by the drivers behind him.

"Linus Ohlsson seemed angry and hit me and Robin Rudholm outbraked him self and took me off track. I got hit all the time and the car is all bent," said Danielsson.

Danielsson finished seventh in the end and was best Citroën driver, but was far from pleased.

"The car was really fast. But people were desperate and no one seems to be able to pass properly anymore. It was no fun today, it felt dangerous out on the track," said Danielsson.

The Brovallen Design driver is seventh in the championship on 35 points with three races remaining of the season.
Old 20 Aug 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3122022)   #249
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Well, considering how agressive Danielsson was against Linus Ohlsson on the first lap I cant blame Linus for giving him one back in the same way.
And also the comment "they seemed desperate" couldnt be more accurate. Theres a lot of drivers that should have had way better results then they have had so far this year, Rudholm, Göransson, Dahlgren just to name a few, I dont think they are only desperate, I think they are VERY desperate for results!

Video from the race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd2r1fiViBs
Old 20 Aug 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3122044)   #250
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Eh, I guess not being able to blame the car or BoP anymore puts a bit of extra pressure on the drivers.