Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Apr 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3060893)   #1
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does the ACO prohibit ALMS from having a 24 Hour Race?

Do the ACO rules state that the ALMS can not have their own 24 Hour race?

I saw this stated somewhere else and while I have never heard of this before, it would make sense.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3060925)   #2
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS is a IMSA competition, some team of ALMS can decide to run with ACO specs during the season hoping to score an entry list for le mans if the champ victory is achieved, but ACO it self hasn't any influence on IMSA.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3060948)   #3
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
ALMS is a IMSA competition, some team of ALMS can decide to run with ACO specs during the season hoping to score an entry list for le mans if the champ victory is achieved, but ACO it self hasn't any influence on IMSA.
Of course it has. There is a license agreement in place for the "Le Mans" association, and part of that may be the condition that IMSA don't run their own 24h race. I don't know whether that's true, but the possibility exists.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3060950)   #4
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don’t know if was a rule or not but I think I read somewhere there was a gentleman’s agreement between Panoz and the ACO to have shorter races to keep Lemans 24hr at the top of the food chain for ALMS/LMS, hence the auto entry in the 24hr for class winners. I wonder how long that will last now with all the realignment and a diminished Petit.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3060960)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I might be wrong but I can't imagine the ALMS teams would be all that up for it. All of the money, all of the effort, none of the prestige.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3060979)   #6
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^ I'm not talking NOW, I'm talking since ALMS came into existence since 1999.

Surely 2007 and 2008 would have had a stunner of a 24 hour race just based on ALMS cars.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:05 (Ref:3061045)   #7
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
there was a perfectly good 24 hour race at Daytona , but that sadly ended .

So stupid really .
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3061105)   #8
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
yep, that's the frustrating part of the whole US thing - there is a perfectly good event right there for 24 Hour races but ACO spec cars can't run in it.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3061109)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
yep, that's the frustrating part of the whole US thing - there is a perfectly good event right there for 24 Hour races but ACO spec cars can't run in it.
Similar story for the Spa 24 hours... I used to adore that race

As for the actual question: Probably, maybe, perhaps, yes, no, who knows?
Old 20 Apr 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3062531)   #10
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think, there is an agreement about that between the ACO and Panoz/IMSA, with the Americans using Le Mans label but not allowed to have a 24 hour endurance event.