Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3022353)   #1
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2012 ALMS TV Schedule

Are we going to have same ****ty TV coverage again this year?

Code:
Four live broadcasts and four ABC shows complement live ESPN3 online programing
http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|16479

No mention how long the coverage of Sebring will be?
Old 6 Feb 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3022361)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the tv coverage is much improved this year. There are 4 races shown live, 3 on ESPN2, and 1 on ABC. The rest of the races will be live on the web (ESPN3 and ALMS).

Sebring and Petit will have some form of tape delayed coverage on ABC in addition to the live streaming. Realistically I would expect a recap of around 2 hours for each race.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3022386)   #3
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Sebring and Petit will have some form of tape delayed coverage on ABC in addition to the live streaming. Realistically I would expect a recap of around 2 hours for each race.
The highlight broadcasts last year were 2 hours long with one or two exceptions where the broadcasts were 1.5 hours. Sebring, unfortunately, was one of the 1.5 hour ones. I don't know about 2012.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3022393)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think I'm the only one that loved the ESPN3 coverage, no cable or DVR so online archiving was great.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3022395)   #5
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Think I'm the only one that loved the ESPN3 coverage, no cable or DVR so online archiving was great.
The ALMS does deserve credit for archiving their races on both their website and on ESPN3. Hopefully the ACO and ELMS will get a clue. Ah, heck, who am I kidding?
Old 6 Feb 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3022408)   #6
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully we see more of ESPN/ESPN2 and less of ABC, my local ABC never bothered showing any of the ALMS highlights. Not really that excited about either Sebring or the ALMS this year compared to 2011, but it's good to watch the race on the big screen (even if you already know the winner after watching the Intl stream).
Old 6 Feb 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3022435)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With the help of a fellow 10thers, I am very much looking forward to Sebring coverage and ALL events covered on ESPN3 with Xbox live. It is well worth, especially since I want be able to make it to the orange grove airport for St Patrick's Day.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3022510)   #8
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Any word on a better package for Europe? ALMS was ruined for me last year by the poor coverage - Sebring & PLM were the worst.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3022669)   #9
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Any word on a better package for Europe? ALMS was ruined for me last year by the poor coverage - Sebring & PLM were the worst.
By many standards the European coverage for ALMS was actually better than what the US got. Yeah the international alms.com stream "somewhat" sucked compared to the superior espn3.com (and Sebring TV package was a mess altogether), but Motors TV broadcasted every round from Lime Rock to Laguna live, and PLM was also partly shown live on Eurosport.

I thought the ESPN2/ABC highlights were pretty okay for the sprint races at least.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3022684)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
By many standards the European coverage for ALMS was actually better than what the US got. Yeah the international alms.com stream "somewhat" sucked compared to the superior espn3.com (and Sebring TV package was a mess altogether), but Motors TV broadcasted every round from Lime Rock to Laguna live, and PLM was also partly shown live on Eurosport.

I thought the ESPN2/ABC highlights were pretty okay for the sprint races at least.
I was not comparing to what the US got but to what we have had in the past which was every race live almost flag to flag including Sebring and PLM
Old 7 Feb 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3022696)   #11
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I was not comparing to what the US got but to what we have had in the past which was every race live almost flag to flag including Sebring and PLM
Only Sebring, PLM and Long Beach were not broadcasted live on Motors... you can count the first two races out because there really wasn't any kind of deal for Europe at all back then and PLM was an ILMC round which "belonged" to Eurosport
Old 7 Feb 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3022751)   #12
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ditto my friend I just streamed it to my TV through my Xbox. The quality was great and I could watch them anytime on demand or live. It worked out much better for me personally than any regular cable coverage would have, but I know I am not the majority.
Old 7 Feb 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3022815)   #13
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Quote:
Unfortunately Me and several other can not get ESPN3 since our ISP do not provide that service
Old 7 Feb 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3022818)   #14
Deleted
Veteran

The actual ESPN3 stream was GREAT on the times I actually managed to catch it via US proxy, but the international stream over at alms.com was horrifying and unreliable all year long, despite some improvements towards the end of the season. One would imagine that they could get the same feed for both sites but no...
Old 8 Feb 2012, 02:42 (Ref:3022929)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The ALMS has been talking about launching a new website prior to Sebring. If they do this I hope they get it tested and solid before a bunch of folks get on there to access T&S or streaming. But that would be rational wouldn't it? For some reason I have the feeling that the new site will launch days before Sebring and be full of glitches.....
Old 8 Feb 2012, 03:44 (Ref:3022940)   #16
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The actual ESPN3 stream was GREAT on the times I actually managed to catch it via US proxy, but the international stream over at alms.com was horrifying and unreliable all year long, despite some improvements towards the end of the season. One would imagine that they could get the same feed for both sites but no...
This requires both parties consider their shared business interests to produce a worthwhile outcome.
It's a pretty rare occasion when that happens in motorsport or, broadcasting unfortunately.
Old 6 Mar 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3036178)   #17
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
Whoohoo, just got an email that my IP is now providing ESPN3
Old 7 Mar 2012, 01:28 (Ref:3036277)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Whoohoo, just got an email that my IP is now providing ESPN3
That's great news, the qualifying shows were actually pretty good last year as well as the races!
Old 8 Mar 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3037067)   #19
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know if the 12 hour will be streamed from the ALMS website? My laptop plays the ALMS site videos kinda choppy, but for the most part the PS3 plays them fairly well. I know ESPN3 will have it but I havent tested compatibility with the PS3 yet.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3037266)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The PS3 wouldn't work last time I tried to see streaming online, but they have updated the browser, so hoping it works this year!