Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3233083)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
See you on 24th November.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 20:15 (Ref:3336152)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Results time

Time to check.

Quote:
Here goes nothing:

1. Lewis Hamilton will win the championship.

2. Vettel and Webber will collide causing a non-finish for at least one of them (they may be classified as finishers as it may happen near the end, but one of them will not cross the finishing line).

3. Felipe Massa will beat Fernando Alonso at least twice in a race in which they are both classified as finishers.

4. Nico Rosberg will finish fourth or lower in the championship.

5. One of the many heads of the Mercedes team will leave before the end of the season (covering my basis against the success of Prediction Number 1).

6. Marussia will score at least a point.

7. Jules Bianchi will have been signed by another team by the end of the season.

8. Sauber will not score a podium.

9. There will be no more than 10 more safety car excursions.

10. Di Resta will score his first podium.
Well, almost nothing. At most 3/10 (need to check the safety car stats; 4 and 5 were right). Probably a grand total of 2.
Old 24 Nov 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3336176)   #28
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
1. Hamilton will win a race
2. Vettel run of world championships will end
3. no new winners
4. just one change of driver
5. one of the rookies cause a pile up
i think i was right on 3 of them due to Kimi injured back for the change of driver, was very wrong with the Vettel one, right with no new winners and also right with the Hamilton one, there was no pile ups that i saw in this year F1
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3336220)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
1. Alonso WDC.
2. Hamilton to get at least 2 wins and 'handsomely' beat Rosberg.
3. Perez to be McLaren's main challenger for the title and at least 2 wins.
4. Massa's form to be much better, possibly one win but a lot more points to back Fonz up.
5. Bottas to beat Maldonando on points.
6. Grosjean to be 'safer'
7. 7 Different winners....
P155 poor effort by chunterer!!

2.5 out of 7!
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3336234)   #30
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
1. Alonso for WDC
2. Adrian Sutil will score more points than Paul Di Resta
3. Caterham will finish above Marussia
4. Nico Hulkenberg will be on the podium at least once
5. Lewis and Nico R will both be on the podium together
6. Jenson will finish 2nd in the WDC
2. Wrong ! Hope Paul stays in F1 .
3. Wrong ! With Max completing all 19 races Marussia deserve 10th .
4. What a shame .
5. Wrong .

0/6 Must do better !
Old 25 Nov 2013, 04:51 (Ref:3336350)   #31
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Whoops. Sorry for the late find.

Okay, here are mine :-

1. Vettel to win his 4th WDC(despite the recent controversy). Come on - think about - Newey designed car and he seems to like the handling of it better than Webber. I think it will go down to the second to last race.

2. Alonso will be runner-up again.

3. I think that Kimi will at Spa and Silverstone. I think he'll get at least 5 wins in all.

4. Button will have 2 victories - thanks to his prowess with going from a wet to dry track in a race.

5. The McLaren will come on strong in the middle of the season. I think that even getting a pole position or two.

6. Hamilton will have two collisions. One will be with Vettel and the other with Alonso.

7. I think that Webber will Monaco.

8. Mercedes won't win another race. They'll get 4th in the constructors.

9. Red Bull will win the constructors.

10. Ferrari will be runner-up in the constructors.
3/10 - Oh dear.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3336440)   #32
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
1. Perez will win two races
2. Webber will announce his retirement from F1 before the end of the season
3. Massa and Hamilton will collide at least twice this season
4. None of the Marussa's or Caterham's will make it out of Q1 all season long
5. Maldonado will get a grid penalty and fine this season for a dangerous driving / red mist moment.
1 - no no no. not even close.

2 - Yes.

3 - Nope - although this was possible in Brazil until the stewards intervened.

4 - 1 freak race saw me proved wrong, I'm pleased to say.

5 - He seemed better behaved this year, despuite what must have been a frustrating experience of driving such a bad car.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3336597)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
1. Massa will win a race
2. Alonso WDC
3. Hulk will score more points than either FI driver
4. Perez to score more points than Button
5. BE's last year in charge
1. not even a podium.
2. by over 150 points nope.
3. 4 points in Brazil got him over!
4. why do i always underestimate Button?
5. still a few weeks left in the year

1/5 but could be 2/5 but still not good either.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 18:16 (Ref:3336620)   #34
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
1 - no no no. not even close.

2 - Yes.

3 - Nope - although this was possible in Brazil until the stewards intervened.

4 - 1 freak race saw me proved wrong, I'm pleased to say.

5 - He seemed better behaved this year, despuite what must have been a frustrating experience of driving such a bad car.
You mean 2. VDG got the Caterham to 15th I believe at a wet/dry Monaco.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3336742)   #35
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Webber will clash on track with Vettel twice.
Hamilton will sneak the WDC in the last race of the season (Glock will not be involved).
Sauber will finish behind Torro Rosso.
There will be a race that does not go full distance (or possibly even take place at all).
One unsafe release will result in the pit lane being blocked.
No
No
No
No
No

So that's none
Old 26 Nov 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3336913)   #36
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Here goes nothing...

1. Perez to become an race winner
2. Grosjean to become a race winner
3. Marussia to beat Caterham
4. Red Bull to win both championships
5. Bottas to beat Maldonado in the points
Well 3/5 isn't too bad I suppose.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3336917)   #37
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think I'll bother looking
Old 27 Nov 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3337357)   #38
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
1/5 for me, I was a bit surprised how early Webber announced his exit, but on reflection it was a safe bet.

To be honest, it kinda sums up 2013 for me. IE that the lack of fight from Mclaren and Ferrari made it a disappointing season. It could have been a classic if the new regs hadn't distracted the teams that could usually be expected to fight at the front. I suppose we can hope that they've invested in the the new regs and they'll all come out punching in Australia and make a better fist of it next year.

The only person in F1 who's gone up in my estimation this year is Alonso. I don't think he gave up at any point in the season. Top marks to him for being relentless both on track and off, even when it might have cost him his drive.
Old 27 Nov 2013, 15:40 (Ref:3337422)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
The only person in F1 who's gone up in my estimation this year is Alonso. I don't think he gave up at any point in the season. Top marks to him for being relentless both on track and off, even when it might have cost him his drive.
Indeed, he drove the wheels off it in the last 2 races just to give the finger to Montezemelo I reckon?
Old 4 Dec 2013, 04:51 (Ref:3339983)   #40
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post

1 Vettel will win his fourth title
2 Webber will win a race and sign for 2014
3 Alonso will be runner up in the WDC
4 Rosberg will have a brilliant 2nd half of season and beat Hamilton in the points for WDC
5 McLaren will not win a race this year
1 Yes!I got that right
2 Nope! Nope! Nope.....
3 Well.... Yes......
4 No!
5 Yes! Yes! Yes! But it made it a less interesting season...
Old 13 Dec 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3343735)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
1. Grosjean will win a race.
2. Alonso world champion.
3. Webber to announce retirement.
4. Hamilton to win two races.
5. Sergio Perez to get four or less podiums.
Two correct, one within a tyre failure of being correct, one not far off and a hopelessly wrong champion prediction.

Ahead of the game with the Perez prediction, but that's me!
Old 13 Dec 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3343789)   #42
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Two correct, one within a tyre failure of being correct, one not far off and a hopelessly wrong champion prediction.

Ahead of the game with the Perez prediction, but that's me!
I wouldn't have thought the Perez prediction (Yes I am defending the boy)would have been likely until McLaren built a dork of a car. If the car had been as good as a Red Bull he would have had his podiums, I am sure of it.

Still its all just crystal ball gazing.
Old 13 Dec 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3343814)   #43
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I could make one for 2014, what should the name of the title be?

P.S.: I also have this one below...
  1. Alonso should snap a title, with Hamilton as runner-up.
  2. Vettel should be in 3rd or 2nd in the WDC.
  3. Some other drivers who never scored a podium should get a podium.
  4. Neither any Spaniard, Mexican and a Brazilian should get a Top 3 finish in the Spanish GP.
  5. There shouldn't have been over 5 retirements in Monaco.
Old 15 Dec 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3344239)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I wouldn't have thought the Perez prediction (Yes I am defending the boy)would have been likely until McLaren built a dork of a car. If the car had been as good as a Red Bull he would have had his podiums, I am sure of it.

Still its all just crystal ball gazing.
Like I said, I am simply ahead of the game.