Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Dec 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3347121)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Your top 10 drivers of 2013

Your own criteria. Feel free to debate others' choices, but remember each individual has their own criteria (like 'driver of the race').

For me:

1. Vettel

Head and shoulders above everyone, even with that car. Is fully aware of how to make the most of the moment and I believe him about the hard-fought wins to a point (well, he certainly stretched out huge leads and sometimes didn't always win by a lot). Very few weaknesses. Malaysia lying aside (I'm not that into team orders so didn't mind his approach to the situation too much), his year was as close to perfect as you'd expect someone to get. Can he drive better next year? Will we know if he has?

2. Hamilton

I don't feel completely comfortable with this choice, because I've got Nico down in fourth and you have to split everyone somehow. Although he got 1 fewer win than Rosberg, he seemed to have a bit more bad luck against him. Quick most the year with a few dodgy patches, but never let himself lose his head (as in some other years). Rosberg is a hell of a driver, so Lewis achieved a lot this year. His best season for a while in my opinion.

3. Alonso

Still fantastic, but he wasn't as good this year as last and some of the hero worship is a bit OTT. Chucked it away a few times and crap at qualifying (although usually not to his race result detriment, although we cannot always be sure this doesn't have an effect). No problem whatsoever with his comments to gee up Ferrari.

4. Rosberg

We always seem to be scratching our heads about just how good he is, but having beaten Schumacher and now beating Hamilton more than many thought possible, he's showing his worth. More wins than his illustrious team-mate too.

5. Grosjean

I'll put him ahead of Kimi on the basis that although he was overall not quite as good, he's less experienced. Many seemed surprised at his latter part of the season turnaround, but I wasn't.

6. Hulkenberg

A highly decent season for this Nico. His team-mate wasn't such great opposition to beat, although he did do it convingly. I was impressed by just how many good results he strung together and seemed impervious to highly-regarded world champions breathing down his neck.

7. Raikkonen

Great driving all year, such that seventh may sound a bit lowly. Won the opening race of course and as usual was on it most the time.

8. Button

This is where it gets trickier. Jenson clearly showed excellent ability alongside Lewis and beat Perez reasonably convincingly.

9. di Resta

Included despite an incident-strewn patch mid-year. Can't fault a driver for having a go when despite that, it leads to a much bigger points haul than your team-mate.

10. Webber

A disappointing season, but when you consider who his team-mate is, it begins to at least give Mark a fair bit of credibility for his efforts.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3347138)   #2
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Vettel

Flawless season excluding the controversy in Malaysia. He had a dominant car clearly miles ahead of the field and used that to full effect

2. Rosberg

Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton are probably the two biggest hero worshipped F1 drivers. "dey da best if only dey had the Red Bull dey'd destroy Vettel" talk you get from the two most vocal groups of F1 fans/tabloid media (Britain and the Mediterranean). Yet with allegations of being 'overrated' and 'talentless' from the 'experts' Nico had a solid season with 3 consecutive pole positions and a win at the Grandest Grand Prix of them all, Monaco. Took advantage of a debacle saving his tyres and winning Britain. Suffered issues but a solid season and pretty much up there with Lewis all season long. Monaco winner and shutting up critics.

3. Alonso

Solid drive in yet another not-so solid Ferrari. Ran very smooth races at China and his home Grand Prix in Spain winning both and yet again finishing second to Vettel. Great season but his car is still nowhere near the Red Bulls and on speed-terms even the Mercedes. Ferrari needs to step it up.

4. Nico Hulkenburg

Only good 'under dog' story of the year in a terribly boring and short of on-track stories season with little upsets or surprises. Amazing run in Korea. Showed that Talent can shine through no matter your equipment at a time when talented young drivers of the future such as himself are becoming so rare in addition to an even larger lack of competitive midfield teams. Deserved the Mclaren ride.

5. Hamilton

Solid year at Mercedes. Won a race, was on track to win his home Grand Prix until lolPirelli came into force and kept Vettel honest mid-season. Great drive building on something great over at Mercedes with his equally-matched team-mate Rosberg. Loads of poles as well, great job. Just thought he didn't live up to the hype against Rosberg in completely outclassing a supposedly 'overrated' Rosberg.

6. Raikkonen

Finished 1st or 2nd in 4 of the first 5 races. Early in the year he was clearly the championship favourite. Then came mediocrity when the Mercedes started wowing mid-season and then obscurity when the compounds switched and the Vettel train began. Then of course, well...

7. Grosjean

Unspectacular yet solid season for a guy who was so out of order last year he was suspended and was literally feet away from being responsible for something close to manslaughter on-track at Spa. Podiums but no wins, his problem was when he started to shine the unstoppable Vettel/RB train had begun.

8. Webber

Had an okay season, should have won Suzuka and Sepang and got 2 poles but honestly the problem is in a car that won 9 straight (!) races in the hands of his teammate he won nothing. Great idea to move to sportscars and one of the last drivers with at least an ounce of personality and humanity in the F1 paddock. He will be missed especially by the fans.

9. Massa

Honestly he had a solid season. Finished in the points all but 4 races and got a well deserved podium in Spain. Problem was Alonso simply outclassed him yet again. Decent final year for Ferrari. Who knows, nobody would have guessed Barichello would have won after he left Ferrari for the midfield, so I wouldn't count him out yet although it's obvious he's getting ready to go out into the sunset/Sail for Valinor/ride into the wind or whatever your wording of choice is for retiring.

10. Di Resta

Did what he could, nothing special but solid in a Force India and it's a shame he won't be back. Good luck in DTM.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3347147)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 Vettel
2 Hulkenberg
3 Alonso
4 Raikkonen
5 Grosjean
6 Rosberg
7 Button
8 Bianchi
9 Hamilton
10 Webber

11 Bottas
12 di Resta
13 Perez
14 Ricciardo
15 Sutil
16 Massa
17 van der Garde
18 Gutierrez
19 JEV
20 Pic
21 Maldonado
22 Chilton
Old 23 Dec 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3347161)   #4
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 - Vettel
Driving god. Like Alain Prost, as he's on Bernie's side too
2 - Hulkenberg
Probably on Vettel's league, but we'll not know that for a few years, if ever...
3 - Grosjean
sorry, but by the end of the season he was the only threat to RBR
4 - Rosberg
Beat Hamilton when his car/team didn't break for a weekend - look at Monaco, and then Germany
5 - Alonso
Was 2nd to Vettel in the early part of the season, but Monaco and Monza onwards were nothing like him. Became average.
6 - Hamilton
Was never on Rosberg's planet in about 5 GPs, but sometimes had the edge. 6th seems harsh, but when you look at who's ahead...
7 - Button
Bad luck (being hit/blocked by everyone) in the 3rd quarter was his only real issue. Interlagos was a champion's drive.
8 - Raikkonen
Ditto Alonso, except when I say average, I mean angry and reluctant.
9 - Webber
13-0 wins, 17-2 in qually (should've been 18-2). Yes, Vettel's amazing, but he was beaten by cars he should've hammered. Was nowhere compared to Vettel and I think that it's more than team bias...
10 - Perez
Drove reasonably (if dangerously) in the first half, with fiery performances at Monaco (not entirely his fault with Kimi) and Bahrain (his fault), but outdid JB in the second half.

11 - Bianchi
Great rookie season. In a better car would've been a winner, but that's F1, and he's 11th.
12 - Bottas
Was sometimes arguably the best on the grid, but sometimes he was behind VDG.
13 - Ricciardo
Had some amazing weekends, but was mostly average, and imo neither STR drivers are championship material. I could well be wrong...
14 - van der Garde
As pay drivers go, putting a Caterham 3rd in probably the lap of the season at Spa Q1 isn't too bad. Also got into Q2 at a changeable Monaco. JB incarnate?
15 - Vergne
Bad luck and average pace hampered his season, but Canada was sublime. Just a shame he couldn't do that for more than 2 races per season...
16 - Sutil
Average, but some good tyre conservation performances.
17 - di Resta
The same as Sutil, just ending up eliminated from Q1 so many times is plain worrying. In 2011 he was the next guy to beat Vettel, and now he can either be ace or pathetic.
18 - Pic
Quiet, average season.
19 - Massa
A bit like Mark Webber but far, far worse. I doubt that Ferrari would really be running 12th in outright pace...
20 - Gutierrez
Hit many things, but sometimes hit the front of the mid-pack (does that even make sense?)
21 - Maldonado
Hit less things than last year, but his season still culminated with 2 outreageous incidents. Seems that £££s yells, whilst talent whispers...
22 - Chilton
Never got into trouble, except at Monaco, which is probably "dumb move of the season." Finishing mostly 30 seconds behind your rookie teammate is worrying, especially considering Bianchi has been constantly at the front of the support series', but has never been THE front man...

Last edited by Biscuits In A Red Bull; 23 Dec 2013 at 09:27.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3347188)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
1) Vettel
2) Alonso
3) Grosjean
4) Hulkenberg
5) Raikkonen
6) Rosberg
7) Hamilton
8) Webber
9) Button/Perez
10) Perez/Button

(I honestly can't decide who was better out of Button and Perez)
Old 23 Dec 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3347191)   #6
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
1) Vettel
2) Alonso
3) Grosjean
4) Hulkenberg
5) Raikkonen
6) Rosberg
7) Hamilton
8) Webber
9) Button/Perez
10) Perez/Button

(I honestly can't decide who was better out of Button and Perez)
Button. They were both pretty even by the end of the season, but one was a bigger liability.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3347194)   #7
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. Vettel. The easiest choice in the world, pretty much perfect.

2. Rosberg. Did a hugely impressive, polished job and came out of it reputation enhanced.

3. Hulkenberg. With a lesser car, almost rivalling Vettel for heroics.

4. Grosjean. Vettel's closest rival late in the season.

5. Hamilton. Did well adapting to the new car, collected points and shone when he could.

=6. Raikkonen. Was brilliant podium after podium early in the year, tailed off.

=6. Alonso. Nothing like as impressive as in 2010 or 2012. Subdued.

8. Perez. Nothing like as bad as people say. Feisty racing, improved as the year went on, always looked to have slightly more underlying pace than Button.

9. Webber. Hugely disappointing return, right time to go.

10. Button. Solid, collected points impressively, nothing amazing.

11. Di Resta. His best season in F1 and it was bye bye, did a solid job all year.

12. Ricciardo. Asserted himself big time over Vergne and that's all you could ask.

13. Massa. Deserves credit for qualifying pace relative to Alonso, a lost cause in the races.

14. Bottas. Quietly impressive although sometimes faded away from pace in the races.

15. Sutil. Mr average. Did ok on return, but hardly tore up trees. Oz drive was impressive.

16. Bianchi. Very strong rookie year, did everything he could.

17. Vergne. Great drives Monaco and Canada, the rest was pretty crap.

18. Van Der Garde. Showed a fair bit of speed as the season went on.

19. Maldonado. Raced well at times, but a below par season in a rubbish car.

20. Gutierrez. Was absolutely demolished by Nico, little boy lost most of the year.

21. Pic. Didn't do anything of note despite bring Caterham's "big signing"

22. Chilton. Finished every race.
Old 23 Dec 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3347212)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'd probably break it down like this based on 2013 (not how I think the true order is overall):

Vettel

Alonso
Hamilton
Raikkonen

Hulkenberg
Grosjean
Rosberg

Perez
Massa
Webber
Bottas
Di Resta

Button
Ricciardo
Vergne
Bianchi

Van der garde
pic
Maldonado
sutil

chilton
Gutierrez
Old 23 Dec 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3347388)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must say, at the risk of too much of a 'just how good is Vettel?' thread, I'm curious to see if anyone will rank him anywhere other than in first position.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3347528)   #10
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I must say, at the risk of too much of a 'just how good is Vettel?' thread, I'm curious to see if anyone will rank him anywhere other than in first position.
I doubt they would, as Vettel was the complete package and the only one close throughout the season was Nico the Hulk, but the Sauber never got to show it...
Old 24 Dec 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3347556)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I doubt they would, as Vettel was the complete package and the only one close throughout the season was Nico the Hulk, but the Sauber never got to show it...
It's Mr Aysedasi I'm concerned about.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3347574)   #12
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Doesn't the drivers' championship tell everyone who the best drivers are in order, starting with the world champion as the best in the world, and the others in ability order? Just like the manufacturers' championship does for the teams. Or does the drivers' championship mean something else?
As forum debates into infinity show us all, not everyone agrees about drivers, so I guess the only measure of the top ten in order is the championship. so that's my top ten.

ahem
Old 24 Dec 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3347576)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
Doesn't the drivers' championship tell everyone who the best drivers are in order, starting with the world champion as the best in the world, and the others in ability order? Just like the manufacturers' championship does for the teams. Or does the drivers' championship mean something else?
As forum debates into infinity show us all, not everyone agrees about drivers, so I guess the only measure of the top ten in order is the championship. so that's my top ten.

ahem
This is an opportunity to take driver equipment into account. It does require thought though.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3347579)   #14
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
This is an opportunity to take driver equipment into account. It does require thought though.
Is that so? Hadn't thought of that
Old 24 Dec 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3347598)   #15
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Is that so? Hadn't thought of that
Wow...
Old 24 Dec 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3347599)   #16
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
1. Vettel.
2-10. Some others.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3347601)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

The drivers' championship, good though it may be, is not the be and end all or we would have to consider Fernando Alonso's driving in his debut season absolutely pathetic.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3347605)   #18
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And for me:
1. Alonso - because of his victory at the Chinese GP and in his home race.
2. Rosberg - Taking over Vettel's lead at the British GP, he just won without problems.
3. Hamilton - Only winning at the Hungarian GP in the season, he also took podiums.
4. Räikkönen - He, and Grosjean, always took podiums since the opening of the season.
5. Vettel - Lotsa points scored in this season, higher than 2011.
6. Webber - 2 poles, advantaging his teammate, Vettel.
7. Hülkenberg - Taking over the points finish over his teammate, his teammate also scored points in the Japanese GP.
8. Grosjean - Qualified very well in Korean GP, Japanese GP and US GP.
9. Ricciardo - Scored points on various races, but couldn't on some other races.
10. Gutiérrez - Due to his points finish in the Japanese GP, he should get more point finishes next year.

And you know what's mine in 2014?
1. Alonso - He's gonna win his home race again.
2. Vettel - He and Ricciardo might challenge eachother next year.
3. Magnussen - FR3.5 champion, graduating to F1, equals that he should neither win or take a podium in the various races next year.
4. Massa - Since that is confirmed that he will leave Ferrari, he might score points in the Williams team.
5. Ricciardo - Confirmed for Red Bull, he should win the Australian GP and some other various races.
6. Button - He couldn't score a podium in 2013, but he might score one in 2014.
7. Grosjean - Since Räikkönen left Ferrari, he might not be stronger than the Finn.
8. Pérez - Performing very well in the 2013 season, he might also perform well in 2014.
9. Sutil - As he is confirmed for Sauber, the Sauber C33 might be a car that fits for him and his teammate.
10. Maldonado - since his only victory in Spain back in 2012 that I didn't realised, he might score neither a podium or a points finish.

Last edited by TheNo1F1Fan; 24 Dec 2013 at 15:31.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 16:12 (Ref:3347613)   #19
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
And for me:
1. Alonso - because of his victory at the Chinese GP and in his home race.
2. Rosberg - Taking over Vettel's lead at the British GP, he just won without problems.
3. Hamilton - Only winning at the Hungarian GP in the season, he also took podiums.
4. Räikkönen - He, and Grosjean, always took podiums since the opening of the season.
5. Vettel - Lotsa points scored in this season, higher than 2011.
6. Webber - 2 poles, advantaging his teammate, Vettel.
7. Hülkenberg - Taking over the points finish over his teammate, his teammate also scored points in the Japanese GP.
8. Grosjean - Qualified very well in Korean GP, Japanese GP and US GP.
9. Ricciardo - Scored points on various races, but couldn't on some other races.
10. Gutiérrez - Due to his points finish in the Japanese GP, he should get more point finishes next year.

And you know what's mine in 2014?
1. Alonso - He's gonna win his home race again.
2. Vettel - He and Ricciardo might challenge eachother next year.
3. Magnussen - FR3.5 champion, graduating to F1, equals that he should neither win or take a podium in the various races next year.
4. Massa - Since that is confirmed that he will leave Ferrari, he might score points in the Williams team.
5. Ricciardo - Confirmed for Red Bull, he should win the Australian GP and some other various races.
6. Button - He couldn't score a podium in 2013, but he might score one in 2014.
7. Grosjean - Since Räikkönen left Ferrari, he might not be stronger than the Finn.
8. Pérez - Performing very well in the 2013 season, he might also perform well in 2014.
9. Sutil - As he is confirmed for Sauber, the Sauber C33 might be a car that fits for him and his teammate.
10. Maldonado - since his only victory in Spain back in 2012 that I didn't realised, he might score neither a podium or a points finish.
Well it took us 18 posts to get the first one
Old 24 Dec 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3347614)   #20
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Well it took us 18 posts to get the first one
Interesting comment. Do you have one for the next year's season?
Old 24 Dec 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3347615)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Interesting comment. Do you have one for the next year's season?
I meant the comment in jest by the way.

I'm afraid I don't have one for 2014 because I can't evaluate a driver's performance if they've not actually performed.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3347626)   #22
MarkG
Veteran

We all agree that Vettel is the greatest current driver, 4 world championships surely proves it.
And Schuey must surely be the best there's ever been, and will remain so until Vettel wins another 4 championships.

Joking aside.. I actually find it impossible to determine a top 10 when the cars are so dominant a factor in drivers' successes or otherwise.

Last edited by MarkG; 24 Dec 2013 at 17:36.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 19:19 (Ref:3347654)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
1. Vettel.
2-10. Some others.
I guess this is all about we can say about 2013.

Hopefully nobody will start a thread "Your top 10 teams of 2013"...
Old 24 Dec 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3347656)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Joking aside.. I actually find it impossible to determine a top 10 when the cars are so dominant a factor in drivers' successes or otherwise.
It's never been any different. No driver wins a title without a fantastic car at his disposal. It's what a driver does with the equipment at his disposal. Had Vettel not been in the Red Bull and Webber been lead driver then chances are that by now, Red Bull would have no constructors championships, Alonso would have 5 titles and Button 2.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3347657)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
It's never been any different. No driver wins a title without a fantastic car at his disposal. It's what a driver does with the equipment at his disposal. Had Vettel not been in the Red Bull and Webber been lead driver then chances are that by now, Red Bull would have no constructors championships, Alonso would have 5 titles and Button 2.
Hey, have you ever counted how many times we've been replying such arguments ?

I will consider that the forum should have some kind of feature as "standard reply" button.