Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Apr 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3394749)   #26
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
A second faster? Thank god its arrived - they need that extra second...
That's exactly what I was thinking!
Old 19 Apr 2014, 02:47 (Ref:3394758)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
I agree.

Apologies.

I'll leave the race intro's up to frostie, or your good self.

Again, sorry people. The forum moderator has spoken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I'm not entirely certain what you meant by this.....but it strikes me as singularly graceless and uncalled for.
I'm entitled to my opinion. And it's not a moderator speech, just a member's opinion. Like anyone else I'm criticizing the post not the poster, it's all by the rules.
If you can't accept that you can't discuss in a forum.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 03:40 (Ref:3394767)   #28
Hendrix
Racer

United States
Minnesota
Hendrix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maldonado is off track.

In other breaking news, water is wet.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 04:53 (Ref:3394770)   #29
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FP3 complete. Ricciardo on top in tricky conditions.

FP3 review via formula1.com.
Looks like the umbrellas will be needed for qualifying.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3394784)   #30
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
K-Mag out of Q2.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3394786)   #31
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grosjean in Q1!!!
Old 19 Apr 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3394788)   #32
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can someone tell me what happened to Maldonado? I know he didn't set a time.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3394791)   #33
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
Car broke in FP3 so was in pieces in the garage during qualifying
Old 19 Apr 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3394800)   #34
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Maldonado must really bring lots of money to a team he drives for, that's the only thing what keeps him in F1.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3394803)   #35
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can someone tell me what happened to Maldonado?
I think he may have been dropped on his head as a baby.

Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3394874)   #36
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Maldonado must really bring lots of money to a team he drives for, that's the only thing what keeps him in F1.
He does bring lots of money.

He can certainly drive tbf. That win in Spain was one for the ages. But since then he has been... odd.

Anyways, Hamilton sets a new British record pole position. Ricciardo gives Vettel a big slap. And Alonso carries his team again, as he sets a record number of fifth position qualifications! Grosjean and Vergne as well popping up in the top ten.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:28 (Ref:3394895)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just caught the tail end of Q3. Lewis on pole again, with both RBs the meat in the Merc sandwich, with Ricciardo ahead of Vettel and Nico 4th. Not too sure what happened to the McLarens but neither's in the top 10. Alonso managed 5th.

Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m53.860s
2. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull-Renault 1m54.455s +0.595s
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m54.960s +1.100s
4. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m55.143s +1.283s
5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m55.637s +1.777s
6. Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes 1m56.147s +2.287s
7. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes 1m56.282s +2.422s
8. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m56.366s +2.506s
9. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Renault 1m56.773s +2.913s
10. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m57.079s +3.219s
Q3 cut-off time: 1m56.847s 1
1. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1m56.860s +2.831s*
12. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m56.963s +2.934s*
13. Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso-Renault 1m57.289s +3.260s*
14. Adrian Sutil Sauber-Ferrari 1m57.393s +3.364s*
15. Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes 1m57.675s +3.646s*
16. Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes 1m58.264s +4.235s*
Q2 cut-off time: 1m58.411s
17. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 1m58.988s +3.472s**
18. Kamui Kobayashi Caterham-Renault 1m59.260s +3.744s**
19. Jules Bianchi Marussia-Ferrari 1m59.326s +3.810s**
20. Marcus Ericsson Caterham-Renault 2m00.646s +5.130s**
21. Max Chilton Marussia-Ferrari 2m00.865s +5.349s**
22. Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Renault

107 per cent time: 2m03.602s
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3394903)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Apart from possibly being dropped on his head as a baby, Maldonado was classified 22nd as he wasn't able to participate due to an engine problem, which forced him to stop on the track in morning practice.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3394915)   #39
321Go
Veteran

And Maldonado now doesn't have to serve his five place grid penalty. Good thinking Lotus, nicely done.

Maldonado almost kills another driver and gets a 5 place grid penalty, which he won't be serving now. Ricciardo drives off with a loose wheel nut, but stops as soon as he realised it, then cops a 10 second stop go, and a ten place grid drop for the next race.
Fair??
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3394935)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just because he has an engine swap doesn't mean his grid penalty should be served elsewhere. The penalty situation is quite bad enough as it is.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3394942)   #41
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The commentators were talking today about him needing to serve the penalty at the next race if he can't serve it here. A carry over.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3394943)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh god, they actually do that now? Dearie me.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3394947)   #43
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Just because he has an engine swap doesn't mean his grid penalty should be served elsewhere.
I was referring to Maldonado's penalty for the T-bone and resulting car flip on Gutierrez in Bahrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
The commentators were talking today about him needing to serve the penalty at the next race if he can't serve it here. A carry over.
Not a carry over unless it's a PU related penalty. The commentators were incorrect.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 12:52 (Ref:3394955)   #44
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes but I thought he was down the back because of an engine issue or something? That is why he isn't serving the penalty.

He is possibly worse off than he might have been.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3394961)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Yes but I thought he was down the back because of an engine issue or something? That is why he isn't serving the penalty.

He is possibly worse off than he might have been.
He had engine trouble in morning practice so he couldn't participate in Quali.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3394962)   #46
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Correct. But the five place grid drop should carry over as it would if the penalty was driveline related. Example, if the gearbox is changed you get 5 spots. If you qualify 20th you start 22 and you drop 3 spots the next race.

Maldonado starting from 22 should not mean he forfeits the penalty. A penalty is a penalty and must be served. Specially a penalty for taking out a driver in the manner Maldonado did. IMO, he should have been given a 10 spots, and a suspended race ban.

Maldonado has whinged to the press that the penalty point system will ruin the sport. I say - so will s**t driving.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3394966)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I do see Maldonado's point though. The penalties are ridiculous these days, and having them carry over events just makes them even worse.

Often a driver disadvantages nobody but himself with an error and still gets a drive through penalty.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3394972)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Correct. But the five place grid drop should carry over as it would if the penalty was driveline related. Example, if the gearbox is changed you get 5 spots. If you qualify 20th you start 22 and you drop 3 spots the next race.

Maldonado starting from 22 should not mean he forfeits the penalty. A penalty is a penalty and must be served. Specially a penalty for taking out a driver in the manner Maldonado did. IMO, he should have been given a 10 spots, and a suspended race ban.

Maldonado has whinged to the press that the penalty point system will ruin the sport. I say - so will s**t driving.
I can't say I like this penalty business in F1 either as it's starting to detract from the sport but if you go round T-boneing people off the track, what do you expect?
Old 19 Apr 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3395015)   #49
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Classy pole by Lewis Hamilton today. The Red Bulls were the best cars for those qually conditions in my opinion, with their downforce and great chassis.
Ricciardo is confirming some stuff I've believed over the last 4 years, he is very impressive.
Old 19 Apr 2014, 14:56 (Ref:3395022)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I do see Maldonado's point though. The penalties are ridiculous these days, and having them carry over events just makes them even worse.

Often a driver disadvantages nobody but himself with an error and still gets a drive through penalty.
But you can hardly say that about Maldonado here. I agree with the penalty being carried over.