Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Feb 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2630106)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that Lane. You won't get into trouble with me (as I asked for the info!), but yes, I do have to remove the link as it's to another forum. But I think we can fairly reproduce these quotes from Doug Fehan and Emmanuel Collard himself -

"We are pleased to welcome Emmanuel back to the GM Racing family," said Fehan. "He has proven his ability at all levels of racing, and he understands the demands and discipline of endurance racing. He will be a valuable addition to our international lineup of championship-winning drivers."

"I'm very happy to join Corvette Racing for the 2010 endurance classics," said Collard. "Corvette has been the most successful car make and team in GT racing for over ten years now, so I'm obviously thrilled to be a part of this team. The Corvette C5-R and C6.R have been the absolute benchmarks in GT1 racing, and the new GT2 Corvette C6.R is already heading in that same successful direction. I hope my experience with GT2s from the past seasons can help Corvette secure class wins in the three endurance races."
Old 10 Feb 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2630293)   #152
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Thanks for that Lane.
Lane! Of course!

I called you Lance the other day. Sorry mate, my apologies..........

Old 10 Feb 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2630307)   #153
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Lane! Of course!

I called you Lance the other day. Sorry mate, my apologies..........

No worries James, I have been called much worse!

L.P.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 01:34 (Ref:2630338)   #154
protopuma
Racer

protopuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at this picture, http://www.americanlemans.com/index_news.php?n=14375 do you guys think GE could be the main sponsor for highcroft at lemans?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2630421)   #155
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by protopuma View Post
Looking at this picture, http://www.americanlemans.com/index_news.php?n=14375 do you guys think GE could be the main sponsor for highcroft at lemans?
Possibly.

L.P.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2631313)   #156
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Mariantic, OAK will be running the Dome at Le Mans and Genii, the new owners of Renault F1, are considering buying Pescarolo. Interesting Stuff!

Source - Autosport print edition
Old 11 Feb 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2631330)   #157
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
according raceXpress http://www.racexpress.nl/index.php?n...ikel&nid=21549
Peter Kox will drive a AMR young driver car at Le mans togethet with Tomas Enge and Danish driver Christoffer Nygaard.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2631333)   #158
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Genii rumours actually make a lot more sense than the notion that it might be Renault proper behind Pescarolo - especially given the scale of Renault's losses (€3 billion for 2009, kept afloat solely by French govt intervention).

Interesting that a VC company would see value in something like Pescarolo too.

Regarding OAK and Dome - is this Dome hiring a local squad to handle running the car or is this something that Jacques Nicolet instigated as a means of running a competitive P1.

Slowly but surely 2010 is starting to get really interesting.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2631336)   #159
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Genii rumours actually make a lot more sense than the notion that it might be Renault proper behind Pescarolo - especially given the scale of Renault's losses (€3 billion for 2009, kept afloat solely by French govt intervention).

Interesting that a VC company would see value in something like Pescarolo too.

Regarding OAK and Dome - is this Dome hiring a local squad to handle running the car or is this something that Jacques Nicolet instigated as a means of running a competitive P1.

Slowly but surely 2010 is starting to get really interesting.
Well i think we has to be careful to link the Renault F1 team with Renault themselves. The relationship between the two, has not been the best.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2631394)   #160
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
According to Mariantic, OAK will be running the Dome at Le Mans and Genii, the new owners of Renault F1, are considering buying Pescarolo. Interesting Stuff!

Source - Autosport print edition
This is an article that Sports-carracing.net reported last November.

The OAK racing newly begin the LMP1 project.
They seem to contract to a "certain" constructor.
The project will be announced early next week if it is early.
At present, we cannot clarify to which constructor they contract.
However, it will be a constructor that we are surprised.

They are very intimate with Dome.
Therefore, the news source of this article might have been Dome.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2631399)   #161
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
This is an article that Sports-carracing.net reported last November.

The OAK racing newly begin the LMP1 project.
They seem to contract to a "certain" constructor.
The project will be announced early next week if it is early.
At present, we cannot clarify to which constructor they contract.
However, it will be a constructor that we are surprised.

They are very intimate with Dome.
Therefore, the news source of this article might have been Dome.
You're memory is considerably better than mine!

I do now recall that article and, as you say, the news does appear to tie in perfectly with what was said. Potentially, very interesting indeed!
Old 11 Feb 2010, 19:43 (Ref:2631607)   #162
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Makes some kinda sense (link) having Jan Charouz entered in the Pescarolo car , with the link to Genii or whatever their called .

I was hoping that Mr.Charouz might be interested in buying Pescarolo Sports ..... Will Henri have anything to do with it now ? Be nice if they kept him on as team manager , cuz he certainly knows his stuff .

Last edited by The Badger; 11 Feb 2010 at 19:50.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2631621)   #163
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ive noticed that Planetlemans have Phillipe-Bernhard-Dumas entered in the Dome .

I presume Bernhard-Dumas in a typo then ?
Old 11 Feb 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2631687)   #164
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
^ Without a doubt; they're in the Audi.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2631744)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Ive noticed that Planetlemans have Phillipe-Bernhard-Dumas entered in the Dome .

I presume Bernhard-Dumas in a typo then ?

They've got the pair in both Dome and Audi..... Clearly a topy.... sorry, typo.....
Old 11 Feb 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2631818)   #166
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
according raceXpress http://www.racexpress.nl/index.php?n...ikel&nid=21549
Peter Kox will drive a AMR young driver car at Le mans togethet with Tomas Enge and Danish driver Christoffer Nygaard.
GT1 could provide us with the Corvette/AMR battle one last time in a privateer mold. That car will either be near or at the front or out of the race.

All this OAK and Dome news means the 10 Dome entry will be run by Oak? They're entered in P2. Are teams still able to change their chassis/engine from the original entry list?
Old 12 Feb 2010, 00:16 (Ref:2631846)   #167
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
All this OAK and Dome news means the 10 Dome entry will be run by Oak? They're entered in P2. Are teams still able to change their chassis/engine from the original entry list?
We're talking 3 cars, the 2 OAK P2's and the Dome (in P1). The Dome isn't entered under the OAK Racing banner, so it's technically a different team (which is exactly what Audi and Peugeot do to get around the 2 car per team stipulation).
Old 12 Feb 2010, 00:56 (Ref:2631859)   #168
The Badger
Veteran

Depending on the PK driver entry , I reckon it will be a fight between 2 cars only . AMR and PK .
Old 12 Feb 2010, 01:13 (Ref:2631869)   #169
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
We're talking 3 cars, the 2 OAK P2's and the Dome (in P1). The Dome isn't entered under the OAK Racing banner, so it's technically a different team (which is exactly what Audi and Peugeot do to get around the 2 car per team stipulation).
I am not sure that actually applies here, as I am not sure what the 'group' break down is. I would think that is the 4 classes, but maybe it is at the proto<>GT level?

Quote:
3.2 - Limitation :
A Competitor is not permitted to enter more than 2 cars within the same group ;

from the SR Here

L.P.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2631870)   #170
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Depending on the PK driver entry , I reckon it will be a fight between 2 cars only . AMR and PK .
I think LAA will be the team to beat!

L.P.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2631889)   #171
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
LAA are a good team but with two entries who will drive with who? Luc Alphand has been announced as has Stephan Gregoire and possibly, Julien Jousse and Xavier Massen. That could make the difference between them being there or abouts. Young Driver AMR will be right up there and possibly PK who will have Kumpen and possibly Mike Hezemans? I'm sure I read somewhere (cant remember where) that Phoenix might support PK at Le Mans.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 09:00 (Ref:2632010)   #172
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I am not sure that actually applies here, as I am not sure what the 'group' break down is. I would think that is the 4 classes, but maybe it is at the proto<>GT level?

L.P.
My guess is that in this instance, OAK will simply provide some of the personnel and share on site 'behind the scenes' workshop facilities and equipment. I suspect the OAK link (assuming the rumours are true) will be almost invisible to the spectator. Interesting situation though, and an extremely exciting prospect if the association continues into 2011 and beyond.

This whole Oak/Sora/Pescarolo/Genii/Renault/Dome situation has become somewhat confused..........

Old 12 Feb 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2632035)   #173
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:

This whole Oak/Sora/Pescarolo/Genii/Renault/Dome situation has become somewhat confused..........

It may be confused but if there is any substance if the connections then it could be a very significant development - my only worry is that Mr Ecclestone appears to have connections with Genii and we don't want him anywhere near sportscars!

...... or am I making 2 + 2 make 75?
Old 12 Feb 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2632036)   #174
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I think LAA will be the team to beat!

Kumpen and Hezemans are a match for any GT1 entry if they will have a good third driver then they will be hard to beat, after all the team and drivers know how to win a 24H enduro.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Feb 2010 at 18:40.
Old 12 Feb 2010, 12:34 (Ref:2632087)   #175
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
My guess is that in this instance, OAK will simply provide some of the personnel and share on site 'behind the scenes' workshop facilities and equipment. I suspect the OAK link (assuming the rumours are true) will be almost invisible to the spectator. Interesting situation though, and an extremely exciting prospect if the association continues into 2011 and beyond.

As I've mused elsewhere, the scope for there to be a massive bunfight over Pescarolo (the team, the cars, the name, the facilities) is huge. I don't think 'confused' says the half of it!

There is also the interesting issue that OAK seem to be increasingly linked to Dome - but also own the intellectual property rights to the Pescarolo 01 - I can see the logic of either singly, but how they mesh together has had me scratching my head pretty consistently for the last day or so.