Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Apr 2011, 01:57 (Ref:2864656)   #201
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
I side with the BMW. Lets say that the Corvette could get alongside going into the fountain, then what? That turn is a single file corner without exception, and there isn't really room for anyone to back out should anything go wrong.

On another note, when was the last time you saw Pat Long just make a mistake? Let alone from the lead!
I can't remember when Pat didn't own up to mistakes of own, or, lay blame where it didn't belong. I could be wrong, but...
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:05 (Ref:2864657)   #202
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Muscle Milk was the only team last year that could consistently beat arguaby the best privateer LMP team in the world last year, so I dont just think its because of the apalling LMP1 grid they won. Like I said, amazing year for BMW continues.
Let the balancing begin.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2864658)   #203
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
I dont want to be too abrupt but what where you to watching....
That race was fantastic. The GT2 battle was epic. ideally you want a battle to the finish line but dont use that as your excuse for saying nothing really happened when their was a FLAMING GT2 BATTLE for 75% of the race. The end of the race was the last 25%. I call that event a success. The racing was more than i could keep up with.
Sorry, I guess the ”to“ of us dont enjoy races as much as you do, good to hear you enjoyed it. The gt race was epic until Patrick Long crashed out, then it was basically BMW domination. Excellent drive by Risi though.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2864659)   #204
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
That race was fantastic. The GT2 battle was epic. ideally you want a battle to the finish line but dont use that as your excuse for saying nothing really happened when their was a FLAMING GT2 BATTLE for 75% of the race. The end of the race was the last 25%. I call that event a success. The racing was more than i could keep up with.
You must have seen another race then. The second half of the race after the pit stops (50%) was boring, nothing happened in terms of the GT battle. Almost 25% the race was under caution...so that leaves us with 25% of the race ...

Yes, the GT battle was good at times, Joey Hands pass in particular and a few nice moves from Pat Long. But that all happend in the span of 8-10 laps.

Epic? Come on...we´ve seen much much better than this in terms of GT racing..
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:11 (Ref:2864662)   #205
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
You must have seen another race then. The second half of the race after the pit stops (50%) was boring, nothing happened in terms of the GT battle. Almost 25% the race was under caution...so that leaves us with 25% of the race ...

Yes, the GT battle was good at times, Joey Hands pass in particular and a few nice moves from Pat Long. But that all happend in the span of 8-10 laps.

yes we have, I admit. but between the bouncing off the "boards", and the endless yellows, what did you expect on a street course?
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:25 (Ref:2864665)   #206
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was absolutely the worst race I have seen this year, and probably one of the worse I've seen period. A GT grid full of idiots, stupid pit errors, whiny Level 5, etc. I don't mind the low car counts, but that was just pathetic. Makes the first lap incident at Paul Ricard seem like a banana peel in comparison.

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 02:44 (Ref:2864673)   #207
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
yes we have, I admit. but between the bouncing off the "boards", and the endless yellows, what did you expect on a street course?
Just wait until Baltimore...
Old 17 Apr 2011, 03:09 (Ref:2864677)   #208
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

....like what? The Gt battle had everything so enough of you. How about Henzler vs Magnussen. Milner vs Henzler. Sellers vs the corvette. the risi ferrari skulking in the background. Auberlen vs. Long, Hand vs Long, Long vs Sharp. Hand vs Sharp. What were you watching
Old 17 Apr 2011, 03:10 (Ref:2864678)   #209
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
That was absolutely the worst race I have seen this year, and probably one of the worse I've seen period. A GT grid full of idiots, stupid pit errors, whiny Level 5, etc. I don't mind the low car counts, but that was just pathetic. Makes the first lap incident at Paul Ricard seem like a banana peel in comparison.
Well this is a load of . do you know what motorsports is?

Let me help. A wheel turns round...An engine make go go. Brakes make stop stop. Gears go clink clink. lol

worst race youve seen this year? Theres been a grand total of 2 races.

what do you mean their idiots. Real people make mistakes.

The GT grid is full of stars matter of fact. The quality in the top entries is ridiculous.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 03:17 (Ref:2864680)   #210
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Yes i did see another race. I saw the American Le Mans Series at Long Beach
Old 17 Apr 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2864762)   #211
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Quote:
Well this is a load of . do you know what motorsports is?

Let me help. A wheel turns round...An engine make go go. Brakes make stop stop. Gears go clink clink. lol

worst race youve seen this year? Theres been a grand total of 2 races.

what do you mean their idiots. Real people make mistakes.

The GT grid is full of stars matter of fact. The quality in the top entries is ridiculous.
Do I know what motorsports is? What kinda of a question is that? Seriously...

There has only been two races in the ALMS this year, but I'm comparing this race to ALL races I've seen this year starting with the Dakar Rally.

Yes, I know their stars and when they make mistakes that can ruin the race, depending on the circumstances. What's wrong with that?

Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2864884)   #212
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
Let the balancing begin.
Yeah - Magnussen fastest lap and probably best 10 lap run ;-)

Ben
Old 17 Apr 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2864974)   #213
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only person here who actually enjoyed the race?? There were some great battles going on in GT, Joey Hand's pass on the Vette & Porsche early on was great! Good finishes for Falken & Jaguar! Pity P1 & P2 had only 2 entries in each but LMPC had a couple of good battles going on!
Old 17 Apr 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2865010)   #214
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Am I the only person here who actually enjoyed the race??
So did I. Quite a lot. The ending wasn't as exciting as last year, but the first hour made up for it.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2865029)   #215
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Am I the only person here who actually enjoyed the race??
I too rather enjoyed it...not the GREATEST I've ever seen, but the first hour was full of all kinds of action, with the exception of the long caution period for the Jag. The last hour tapered off a bit and the finish under yellow was a bit anti-climactic. Still, not sure what others expected from a crowded GT battle on a street course and a lackluster LMP category.

Unfortunately for me, the first hour was hampered by choppy ESPN3 streaming. Cleared up tremendously for the second hour. I think it was MY connection.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2865063)   #216
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Am I the only person here who actually enjoyed the race?? There were some great battles going on in GT, Joey Hand's pass on the Vette & Porsche early on was great! Good finishes for Falken & Jaguar! Pity P1 & P2 had only 2 entries in each but LMPC had a couple of good battles going on!
I enjoyed it, but I'm biased :-) I'd like to think I'd have still enjoyed it as a neutral. The GT battle was fun. I was sitting there going "the F1 won't be this good" Oops... :-)

For the first time since the start of the 2009 season I was a home rather than at an ALMS race. Hooked up my laptop to the TV using HDMI and apart from a few dropouts was impressed with the streaming.

We need another Dyson car, Intersport, Autocon, and at least one P2 for Level 5 to race at Lime Rock though.

Ben
Old 17 Apr 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2865084)   #217
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
There has only been two races in the ALMS this year, but I'm comparing this race to ALL races I've seen this year starting with the Dakar Rally.

Yes, I know their stars and when they make mistakes that can ruin the race, depending on the circumstances. What's wrong with that?

Your the one who said the GT drivers were idiots not me. So why are you asking what wrong with that?
Old 17 Apr 2011, 15:03 (Ref:2865085)   #218
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
i also thouroughly enjoyed the race

To all of those who didnt enjoy the race. Go find something else to watch because the field wont be getting much much bigger any time soon.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 15:04 (Ref:2865086)   #219
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Quote:
Your the one who said the GT drivers were idiots not me. So why are you asking what wrong with that?
I'm asking what's wrong with saying that the GT drivers were idiots?

Granted I'm not saying ALL of them were, but the few that were pretty much ruined the race. Oh well. *Shrugs.*

Old 17 Apr 2011, 15:15 (Ref:2865095)   #220
ARTRACER1
Rookie

United States
Charlotte, NC
ARTRACER1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to this entire thread for being informative, highly amusing and entertaining. Something that the ALMS seem to be totally inept at.
This was the best 100 minutes of the week end. Just reading the the thread. The race? What race? The embarrassment? Oh sure !
Old 17 Apr 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2865325)   #221
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So I thought with the espn2 show would edit out the extended caution from the Jag crash, nope. Wtf.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 22:17 (Ref:2865348)   #222
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the espn2 audio f-ed up for you, too? Been cutting out all race.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2865390)   #223
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
Is the espn2 audio f-ed up for you, too? Been cutting out all race.
I watched the race through the ESPN2 coverage. It worked fine for me all race. Those complaining about the TV producers not showing the GTs enough can't complain about this race. They barely showed the prototypes, although that was certainly justified.

The first hour was certainly intense. Yeah, there was a lot of boneheaded driving from the GTs. Did anyone get penalized for aggressive driving? TV did not say anything, but perhaps that is because nothing happened. It's a shame what happened to the #48 Porsche because they were having a good run going before they got run over. The Falken Tire Porsche had a great day too. I'm not sure if Gavin had a problem (worn tires?) at the end of his stint, but it was great to see the Falken car having plenty left at the end of a stint.

As for Scott Sharp, well he was the undisputed king of blocking back during the all-oval period of the IRL. I guess he wants to keep his title going in the ALMS as well!
Old 18 Apr 2011, 02:15 (Ref:2865440)   #224
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There certainly have been a few racing incidents with Corvettes so far this year. That one with the Miller car was un-called for in my opinion, but I'd like to see what the 'Vette driver had to say about it.

I would also like to mention that the Lambo finished its first race in ALMS GT competition. Yes they were 6 laps down and 10 out of 15 in class, but there were only 3 cars on the lead lap in GT.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 02:19 (Ref:2865442)   #225
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
anyone else notice how rude the corvette drivers seem to be. When their driving they are the only ones that use their front bumpers to let other GT2 drivers know that the corvette is behind. Milner was bumping Henzler in every corner. Jan Magnussen did that to Joerg bergmeister at Laguna seca 2 years ago.