Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Sep 2009, 13:52 (Ref:2545029)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
2010 GP Calendar

FIA press release today.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...c_210909a.aspx

19 races! But Canada still iffy.

Bahrain is first,Brazil is last....Hurrah!
Old 21 Sep 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2545043)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a long season - 19 races, with an early start and late finish. Don't think the teams will be too keen, somehow. Perhaps that's why they've snuck it out under the Renault story
Old 21 Sep 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2545046)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
That's a long season - 19 races, with an early start and late finish. Don't think the teams will be too keen, somehow. Perhaps that's why they've snuck it out under the Renault story
It's what Bernie wants and it's what the fans want.FOTA!...over to you!

It looks like Korea have got their act together too.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 14:14 (Ref:2545058)   #4
Rafael
Racer

Brazil
Brasilia, Brazil
Rafael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i cant imagine the success of a GP (the British one), being realized on the same day of the World Cup's final.

It will be a hidden GP, as was the 98' one.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 14:19 (Ref:2545060)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
i cant imagine the success of a GP (the British one), being realized on the same day of the World Cup's final.

It will be a hidden GP, as was the 98' one.
Cup final is well after the race I believe,and large screen TVs are to be provided around the circuit for those that wish to stay and watch after the racing.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2545276)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Cup final is well after the race I believe,and large screen TVs are to be provided around the circuit for those that wish to stay and watch after the racing.
Depends if England are in it or not
Old 21 Sep 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2545114)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think we'll see 19 races, discussion here has mentioned that the track may not be ready.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2545134)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
I don't think we'll see 19 races, discussion here has mentioned that the track may not be ready.
The track will be ready,but getting spectators in there to watch the race could be a sticking point.I believe that Donington have until the end of the month before Bernie decides if he needs to switch to Silverstone.
Old 21 Sep 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2545279)   #9
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Canada back (hopefully !) We now need a USA race to make the North American trip abit more cost efficient.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 22 Sep 2009, 00:12 (Ref:2545588)   #10
applecart
Rookie

applecart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! Have to wonder how long motorsport calendars like this can be sustainable, but i suppose theyre putting a lot more thought into it than my 46 seconds just then...
Old 22 Sep 2009, 03:29 (Ref:2545650)   #11
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I know distances aren't as great between races in a number of cases, then again, 19 races just doesn't sound like that much when the top three NASCAR divisions run 25, 35, and 36-race schedules.

I have my doubts about Korea, and I'm hoping Spain goes back down to one race soon; I don't especially care for either circuit at present. I wouldn't mind Barcelona that much, except that bloody chicane at the penultimate corner. It'll be interesting to see how long Turkey sticks around as well. If all these rounds come off, and then France returns in 2011 or 2012, we'll have our maximum schedule of 20 events.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Canada. If it comes off, I will have to give serious thought to getting a lift up there, though I may have to get a room in Toronto the way things are going.It would be my second Grand Prix if I went: the first being the tire F1asco at the 2005 United States Grand Prix.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2545718)   #12
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. March 14 - Bahrain (Sakhir)

2. March 28 - Australia (Melbourne)

3. April 4 - Malaysia (Sepang)

4. April 18 - China (Shanghai)

5. May 9 - Spain (Barcelona)

6. May 23 - Monaco (Monte Carlo)

7. May 30 - Turkey (Istanbul)

8. June 13 - Canada (Montreal)

9. June 27 - Europe (Valencia)

10. July 11 - Great Britain (Donington Park)

11. July 25 - Germany (Hockenheim)

12. August 1 - Hungary (Budapest)

13. August 29 - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

14. September 12 - Italy (Monza)

15. September 26 - Singapore (Singapore)

16. October 3 - Japan (Suzuka)

17. October 17 - South Korea (Yeongam)

18. October 31 - Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

19. November 14 - Brazil (Interlagos)

No USA, but we have Canada.
Spain gets two again including the Valencia slumberzone.

Will they cap a seson at 20 races?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 07:57 (Ref:2545739)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
The Korean track looks incredibly Tilke.....

Selby
Old 23 Sep 2009, 08:48 (Ref:2546467)   #14
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby
I'm afraid you are right Dan.
P
Old 23 Sep 2009, 16:50 (Ref:2546750)   #15
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby
Any idea where I could find a picture of he design? I feel like taking a nap but I'm not really tired enough right now.I have a feeling that'll knock me over the edge though.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2546761)   #16
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Bottom half is the "semi-permanent" bit around the harbour, top half is permanent
Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:21 (Ref:2546774)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
some interesting corners but until the racing starts who knows right?
on the whole though im glad that S.Korea will be on the calendar. just based on the number of cars built there, this is actually a country that has a legitimate chance of embracing F1.
here's to hoping the track delivers
Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2546812)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Bottom half is the "semi-permanent" bit around the harbour, top half is permanent
Top bit looks like someones took a stab at copying Donington.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2546896)   #19
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Top bit looks like someones took a stab at copying Donington.
and the bottom bit looks like the results of a school childs first attempt at autoCAD.....
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2546862)   #20
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think the question is just how fast a number of those corners really are. If most of them are like intersection corners, it'll be a painful "racing" circuit. If a number of those turns are actually a good bit faster than they necessarily look on the diagram, it might no be so bad. We'll see I guess. Any recent updates on how the construction is going and/or what the place looks like at present?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:14 (Ref:2546875)   #21
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone posted a pic a while ago and my thoughts were "not looking that ready".
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2546911)   #22
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
The issue I have with this is that it's seemingly going to be pretty flat, which is just going to make it another Shanghai but with a harbour. Or to put it another way, it's just going to be another Valencia

I think it's going to be pretty poor. Certainly not in the same league as Abu Dhabi
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2546934)   #23
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too impressed either with the shape of the Korean circuit. But let's just wait and see.
Valencia Marina is definitely Tilke's nadir, so I can only hope somebody in the city council soon realizes that it's sensible to move the GP to Circuito Ricardo Tormo instead and not continuing wasting all the money necessary to set up the temporary track each year.

The comeback of Montreal would be great, but at the time, I think Bernie is just teasing us and trying to get the Canadians to pay a higher entrance fee with the help of the fans response to the teasing announcements.

I really hope that Donington will be ready by the time the race comes around, because it surely is a great circuit and will be the best track to return to the calendar since the upcoming Suzuka this year.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2547018)   #24
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Not too impressed either with the shape of the Korean circuit. But let's just wait and see.
Valencia Marina is definitely Tilke's nadir, so I can only hope somebody in the city council soon realizes that it's sensible to move the GP to Circuito Ricardo Tormo instead and not continuing wasting all the money necessary to set up the temporary track each year.
And why would it be sensible to move the GP to a circuit not designed for car racing that is even more dull than the street circuit?

They should have the European GP at Jerez instead
Old 23 Sep 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2546966)   #25
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
I happen to think Donington won't be as good as people think it will be. As nice as the natural plunging sweeps of the Craners and the Old Hairpin are, they'll be child's play in the current generation of high-grip slick-shod F1 cars. Plus I can see it being tricky to overtake. But Silverstone hasn't exactly produced much in the way of great racing either

I'm more looking forward to Montreal's return