Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Apr 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2184401)   #1
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
richie17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMRC Round 2 Calder Park 26-27 April

Great value this weekend with free entry for spectators!!!!
There are 7 categories racing this weekend:
  • ProtoSports
  • Super TT
  • PCC
  • OZ BOSS
  • Thunder Sports
  • Australian Touring Cars
  • Pirelli Gran Turismo

News.

AMRC
link
Quote:
AMRC Presentation Lifted by Super Hoist Plus
The presentation of teams racing in the 2008 Australian Motor Racing Championships is set to be raised to a new level, with support and prizes from Super Hoist Plus.
The presentation of the cars and teams will be judged by scrutineers at each race weekend. The best three cars will be announced at each event, and will then gain points that will be added to a tally to determine the top three cars at the end of the year. The top three cars in the final tally will be eligible for the following fantastic prizes:

First Place: Tyre Changer and Wheel Balancer Package. The fantastic NHT-821 Tyre Changer makes changing tyres a breeze. Adjustable for wheel diameters from 12" to 23", and widths upto 13", with a bead breaker force of 2500kg, this tyre changer makes a welcome addition to any workshop. And it is complemented perfectly by the NHT-251 Wheel Balancer. Suitable for wheel diameters from 10" to 24", and widths up to 20", and with an amazing accuracy of +/- 1g, the tyre changer will help you totally eliminate vibrations.

Second Place: Two Post Hoist. The Super Hoist Plus YSJ-3000 is the perfect two post hoist for any workshop. With a lifting capacity of 3000kg, and capable of lifting to a height of 1.8 metres, this two post hoist will help the second best presented competitor to be even better presented and prepared.

Third Place: Moveable Hoist. The Super Hoist Plus YYJ-2800 is the ideal solution for lifting cars where space or installation is limited. The moveable hoist can be used on any flat (and hard) surface, and has a lifting capacity of 2800kg, and can lift to a height of 1.2 metres. This hoist will be awarded to third placegetter in the Super Hoist Plus Best Presented competition.
and
Quote:
First V8RACE Experience Winner Announced
The first V8 RACE Experience winning official has been announced, with Tony "Buddha" Moore from Rivett in the ACT taking the prize after spending the weekend as a Fire Marshall at Wakefield Park for Round 1 of the AMRC. Tony was delighted to receive the prize, after being drawn at random from the list of officials in attendance. His first reaction when told about his win was "terrific, fantastic, wonderful and a big thank you to V8 RACE and the AMRC!" The V8RACE Experience voucher entitles him to the full experience, including Pre-Drive Tuition, Use of Race Suit and Helmet, a Personal in-car coach, and the chance to drive a V8RACE car, at one of Australia's premier circuits.

PCC
link
Quote:
New Contender Joins the Fray
After conquering the mountain at the Bathurst Motor Festival, 27 year old Heath is set to join the PCC for an all-out assault in his beautiful BF Falcon XR8. He was partnered by veterans Warren and Ian Luff at Mount Panorama, and plans to use some of the lessons he learned driving alongside them in his pursuit of success in the PCC.
Thunder Sports
link
Quote:
Spy Snaps More Pics of Zedtec
The thundersports.net.au Spy is back in action, and he's snapped some more pics of the new Zedtec race car.
The Zedtec guys made the mistake of leaving one of the bodies of their new car outside the workshop, and the Spy took these photos with his long-range lens. He also heard that there should be three cars completed very soon, and that there may be an opening for drivers (anyone interested should call the number that appears on the car). He wasn't able to get his camera inside the workshop, but indicated that there was an engine waiting to go into the car pictured, and that the chassis was all but complete.
I will post more news as I get it.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 01:08 (Ref:2184516)   #2
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks great, especially the prizes for the best presented cars. I plan on being there, if I can figure out a way to get there

Mick
Old 23 Apr 2008, 02:20 (Ref:2184534)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Entries for Pirelli Series?
Old 23 Apr 2008, 07:42 (Ref:2184626)   #4
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
Don't have a full list but the PR claims Ross Lilley's Gallardo will be there.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2184648)   #5
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07
More than the GT Championship at Oran Park
Old 23 Apr 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2184759)   #6
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be wary of the safetycar
Old 23 Apr 2008, 11:07 (Ref:2184763)   #7
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have they finally got the Munro up and going?

Mick
Old 23 Apr 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2185233)   #8
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH NO! don't tell me the BFC has a one legged gig?
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2185328)   #9
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
Have they finally got the Munro up and going?
What do you mean finally.

Only took a few hours to modify the old XR8 bracketry for the light bar to suit the Munro roof and then wire the car up and that was a couple of weeks ago.

It's only temporary as some new stuff is in the pipeline.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:13 (Ref:2185331)   #10
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
I meant have they finally got it in an operational state. I'm looking foward to seeing and hearing it (hoping it has an exhaust, BJ branded of course ) on the track, if god forbid it is needed. It wasn't aimed at your work done on the car.

Mick

Last edited by bludvl_x19; 23 Apr 2008 at 22:18.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 02:23 (Ref:2185429)   #11
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
I meant have they finally got it in an operational state.
It's always worked, the car in question was, still is, the promo car for the Legal Off Street Drags although they took the coloured smoke tyres off it recently
Old 24 Apr 2008, 02:33 (Ref:2185434)   #12
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
It's always worked, the car in question was, still is, the promo car for the Legal Off Street Drags although they took the coloured smoke tyres off it recently
Ok, I wasn't aware that it always went, in any case it will be good to see it going. My mistake.

The weekend looks like it's going to be great fun, with a great mix of categories. I am particularly looking foward to the thundersports cars, as I have never seen them in the flesh, only on the box.

I will now stop attempting to dig myself out of this hole.

Mick

Last edited by bludvl_x19; 24 Apr 2008 at 02:42.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2185521)   #13
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
I will now stop attempting to dig myself out of this hole.
BHP don't dig holes this deep
Old 24 Apr 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2185547)   #14
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
BHP don't dig holes this deep

Yes, yes they do.

My boss just gave me tix to The G on Sunday...might have to give the races a miss.

Have a good weekend everyone and consider our ex and current service men and women as we all enjoy ourselves.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2185735)   #15
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
Yes, yes they do.

My boss just gave me tix to The G on Sunday...might have to give the races a miss.
Only 54 entries all up 7 in the ATCC about the same in combined Ozboss and Proto-Sports. 12 in Thundersports, 7 in the GT.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 00:44 (Ref:2186156)   #16
richie17
Racer

Australia
Alexandra Hills
richie17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More news now.

Pirelli Gran Turismo
link
Quote:
EXOTIC SPORTS AND GT CARS HEAD TO CALDER
Australia's most exotic sports and GT cars will take to the track this weekend for round two of the country's newest motorsport competition The Pirelli Gran Turismo Championship. To be held at Calder Park Raceway, round two will include three 25 minute practice sessions on Friday, two 20 minute practices and two 15 minute qualifying sessions on Saturday with the main racing event on Sunday consisting of three 20-minute sprint races. Championship leader Rod Wilson in his Maserati Trofeo GT3 will attempt to hold off the competition expected to come from series regular Graeme Cook in his Porsche 996 RS and series new comer Ross Lilley in his Lamborghini to retain and increase his current 4 point marginal lead. With a long front straight, numerous overtaking opportunities and a fine weather forecast, spectators can be assured of some exciting track action.
AMRC round 2 schedule here. (PDF)
Old 25 Apr 2008, 03:32 (Ref:2186190)   #17
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Only 54 entries all up 7 in the ATCC about the same in combined Ozboss and Proto-Sports. 12 in Thundersports, 7 in the GT.
I attended the Wakefield round last October and it was the worst days motor racing i have seen.
The quantity and quality was pretty ordinary, but i dont have the answer as to why.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2186326)   #18
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the contribution lowgto
Old 25 Apr 2008, 09:22 (Ref:2186328)   #19
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Trev
Thanks for the contribution lowgto
Pleasure.
Old 25 Apr 2008, 23:08 (Ref:2187020)   #20
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto
Pleasure.
At least he attended and was honest enough to say what he really thought instead of sprouting the 'company line'.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 01:11 (Ref:2187048)   #21
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there tomorrow to watch the days racing.

per lowgto's comments; Hopefully the organisational restructure will improve the overall product, however without a headline act to draw the spectators and entries, you really can't expect too much more.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 02:12 (Ref:2187067)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Q. Are they charging punters actual money for them to watch the racing this weekend?
Old 26 Apr 2008, 02:16 (Ref:2187068)   #23
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope, it's all free........
Old 26 Apr 2008, 03:40 (Ref:2187087)   #24
inpitlane
Veteran

No show from the Lambo yet, only 6 in the ATCC, only two openwheelers in the OZBoss. Where's all the Formula "Robinson" cars?
Thank God they're not charging for this.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 07:18 (Ref:2187152)   #25
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
The Lambo turned up in Q1, but was missing for Q2. Protosports seems to nearly be a one make series, with 4 or 5 of the Wests there, one Saker and a Radical.

TBH the weather wasn't all that great today, and tomorrow isn't looking any better, but I still think it will be a good days racing (until it rains) tomorrow.

Mick