Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Aug 2009, 19:34 (Ref:2527471)   #1
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 V8 Calendar

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html

Talking about 15 rounds + the Grand Prix

Thinking about road trip from Perth to Darwin to Townsville - with 2 weeks between each race - which they say will save teams up to $15,000 on diesel (not sure how it would work for someone who writes there car off in Perth, having to travel to Darwin and then fix the car)
Old 25 Aug 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2527608)   #2
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html

Talking about 15 rounds + the Grand Prix

Thinking about road trip from Perth to Darwin to Townsville - with 2 weeks between each race - which they say will save teams up to $15,000 on diesel (not sure how it would work for someone who writes there car off in Perth, having to travel to Darwin and then fix the car)
Might cut down on the number of spectators and corporates that can afford to do both. QR's corporates were well down this year, some having chosen to do Townsville instead.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 03:23 (Ref:2527641)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A road trip like that would also affect family life, that would seemingly mean team members not seeing their families for a month.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2527644)   #4
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, might have to take a fair bit of time off then, with that schedule I can see I might be doing a bit of fishing?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 04:02 (Ref:2527657)   #5
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from a fan point of view thats awesome but it does chuck some curve balls in as stated above while they might save at the bouser $15,000 in juice for the transporter, if the car is writen off in Perth it would be hard to repair it without certain things that remain at the workshop 6 weeks on the road is a long time.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 04:33 (Ref:2527662)   #6
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Hmm, might have to take a fair bit of time off then, with that schedule I can see I might be doing a bit of fishing?
And what a fishing trip that could be sizzle! Fishing up the West coast from Walpole to Exmouth across to the great N.T topped off with same game fishing in northern QLD...

Could be a profitable little trip for a couple of smart cookies, "the 2010 Super Fish n Cars tour"
Old 25 Aug 2009, 06:27 (Ref:2527690)   #7
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
And what a fishing trip that could be sizzle! Fishing up the West coast from Walpole to Exmouth across to the great N.T topped off with same game fishing in northern QLD...

Could be a profitable little trip for a couple of smart cookies, "the 2010 Super Fish n Cars tour"

Spot on Baz, and I know enough people in the west and Nth Qld with the boats to make it happen?

Could be good little earner for the organiser of such a tour as well.
Might go home tonight and have a think about it.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 07:42 (Ref:2527716)   #8
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else pick up on the bit about why thy are proposing a two month break in the middle ?

Now slap me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a contradiction to why they wanted regularly spaced events this season.

I'm sure there were claims that regular racing made for better public recognition, and more media exposure.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 07:55 (Ref:2527722)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Spot on Baz, and I know enough people in the west and Nth Qld with the boats to make it happen?

Could be good little earner for the organiser of such a tour as well.
Might go home tonight and have a think about it.
i'll join in on that fun. fishing and cars, bloody awesome 6 weeks.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 09:41 (Ref:2527781)   #10
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
i'll join in on that fun. fishing and cars, bloody awesome 6 weeks.
Not to mention the BEER! . .
Old 25 Aug 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2527819)   #11
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Been trying to get some accomm in Townsville for the Punters for 2010 but even the Motels up there are cagey about the date.

My guess is July 9-11 but nobody seems to be game enough to say yes...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 25 Aug 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2527826)   #12
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Been trying to get some accomm in Townsville for the Punters for 2010 but even the Motels up there are cagey about the date.

My guess is July 9-11 but nobody seems to be game enough to say yes...
Going back again AP, must have had a fat time!

Or are you going to try it without the missus and billylids this time?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2527859)   #13
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boys only this time.

I have an appointment with all those great Pubs down in Flinders Street...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 25 Aug 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2527931)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 2 month mid-season break?!
Old 27 Aug 2009, 02:54 (Ref:2528959)   #15
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
A road trip like that would also affect family life, that would seemingly mean team members not seeing their families for a month.
Only the truck driver would do the road trip, the rest of the team fly from event to event.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 04:24 (Ref:2528975)   #16
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was interesting that the F1 round after the mid season break was a giant flop crowd wise.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 05:58 (Ref:2528994)   #17
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ronke View Post
It was interesting that the F1 round after the mid season break was a giant flop crowd wise.
Yeah - Valencia has been having ticket selling issues for some time now - has been mentioned quite a bit in various forms of coverage. Their ticket sales were struggling badly long before Alonso's team was excluded from the event and that exclusion was seen by the organisers as a major disaster.

Then of course they had the cobbler making his comeback for a week or so until his neck problems intervened and then Renault's exclusion was so close to the race date that people would not have been able to change their plans I guess.

Lot more going on with the crowd numbers at Valencia than it being the first race after the mid season break.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2529490)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This might make scheduling a Bahrain/Abu Dhabi double header a little difficult
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Aug 2009, 02:39 (Ref:2529653)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
This might make scheduling a Bahrain/Abu Dhabi double header a little difficult
Whispers from the powder tent out in the sandy locals of the UAE suggest that there may be more than meets the eye to the F1 announcement and the VESA announcement regarding calendars for 2010

The way the story goes is that the V8Supercar circus may play a role as the major support class to the F1s in Abu Dhabi!

There is a dearth of motorsport in that region, with Speedcar and the CSV cup cars being the headline acts... so a V8Supercar inspired support program would make some sense

The need to wait for the F1 calendar is supposedly because VESA needs to know what date they will need to get cars across the world to make the F1 date

Allegedly of course
Old 28 Aug 2009, 03:04 (Ref:2529658)   #20
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
So we can't have a Championship round with the F1's here in Australia, but it's OK in Abu Dhabi.

Makes a lot of sense to me
Old 28 Aug 2009, 03:27 (Ref:2529662)   #21
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Whispers from the powder tent out in the sandy locals of the UAE suggest that there may be more than meets the eye to the F1 announcement and the VESA announcement regarding calendars for 2010

The way the story goes is that the V8Supercar circus may play a role as the major support class to the F1s in Abu Dhabi!

There is a dearth of motorsport in that region, with Speedcar and the CSV cup cars being the headline acts... so a V8Supercar inspired support program would make some sense

The need to wait for the F1 calendar is supposedly because VESA needs to know what date they will need to get cars across the world to make the F1 date

Allegedly of course
Quote:
So we can't have a Championship round with the F1's here in Australia, but it's OK in Abu Dhabi.

The Air conditioned Tents TC will require for the garages should be nice too!!!
I suppose they could build a pit lane on the straight behind the pits, that would be nice!!!
Old 28 Aug 2009, 04:35 (Ref:2529670)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
For $1m I think they can accomodate something... if Fujitsu hangs around for next season, it could be their new technical development...
Old 28 Aug 2009, 05:07 (Ref:2529671)   #23
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

That'd be just priceless if it happened. But it should pave the way for GRM to start taking the Melbourne GP event seriously
Old 28 Aug 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2529693)   #24
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see it happening. GP2 Asia and Speedcars are the major supports and Bernie has a slice of both. Also TEN have the GP so unless Seven are prepared to forgo that one round then there'll be no championship round at Albert Park.
There's also issues regarding signage that would be almost impossible to fix.
F1TV would have to agree to cover the Middle Eastern V8s and I'd imagine they'd want a big whack of Euros to do it.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2529711)   #25
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
linky

Quote:
A provisional list of the V8 Supercars' 2010 itinerary features opening rounds in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain to be held in January or February.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!