Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Sep 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2022399)   #76
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Perhaps a Zytek ?
I don't recall the larger Zytek ZG408 being used outside of a Zytek chassis.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 10:20 (Ref:2022451)   #77
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Neither do I , but as their LMP2 engine is for sale , why not the ZG408 ?
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:53 (Ref:2022744)   #78
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Funny, this is the Petit Le Mans thread, yet I see discussion about 2008 LMS entries...
Old 27 Sep 2007, 05:20 (Ref:2024050)   #79
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
End-info saying that Tinseau will be joining Creation for PLM ..... odd choice , but a good one .
Old 27 Sep 2007, 05:39 (Ref:2024055)   #80
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The updated entry list from IMSA also has Memo Gidley joining the Cytosport team, Eric van de Poele in the Doran Maserati, and Darren Turner in the Krohn/Risi Ferrari.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 07:39 (Ref:2024103)   #81
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if the '07 Creation's cockpit is larger(probably not, as it seems to be an updated '06 car, with a rules compliant tub), since Primat had a lot of trouble with driving the Creation last year, as he was too big for the cockpit.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 08:06 (Ref:2024126)   #82
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Says on DSC that the cockpit is bigger - so hopefully less of the problems he experienced last year
Old 27 Sep 2007, 10:30 (Ref:2024262)   #83
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Says on DSC that the cockpit is bigger - so hopefully less of the problems he experienced last year
The cockpit is bigger

http://www.planetlemans.com/cmsv2/in...k=view&id=3215
Old 27 Sep 2007, 19:10 (Ref:2024625)   #84
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
End-info saying that Tinseau will be joining Creation for PLM ..... odd choice , but a good one .
Odd? He's Primat's codriver at Pescarolo this year. Seems pretty logical to me.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 23:31 (Ref:2024746)   #85
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
I just had a look at SpeedTV.com to see their schedule for the race. It's a bit disappointing...

(all times EST)
11am to 1pm - Petit Le Mans
1pm to 3:30pm - NASCAR Nextel Cup qualifying
3:30pm to 6:30pm - NASCAR Craftsman Series race
6:30pm to 10:00pm - Petit Le Mans

So we're getting 5.5 hours of coverage, some of which will be taken up with pre-race and post-race commentry.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 00:28 (Ref:2024775)   #86
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
I just had a look at SpeedTV.com to see their schedule for the race. It's a bit disappointing...

(all times EST)
11am to 1pm - Petit Le Mans
1pm to 3:30pm - NASCAR Nextel Cup qualifying
3:30pm to 6:30pm - NASCAR Craftsman Series race
6:30pm to 10:00pm - Petit Le Mans

So we're getting 5.5 hours of coverage, some of which will be taken up with pre-race and post-race commentry.
It is dissapointing, but It's not that bad considering we'll have flag to glag coverage with Hindy and folk.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 00:29 (Ref:2024776)   #87
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Odd? He's Primat's codriver at Pescarolo this year. Seems pretty logical to me.
Yes .... odd ..... whats that got to do with Creation ?

Tinseau-Primat in a Pescarolo .... nothing to do with Creation what so ever .... or am i wrong ,,,,, Please explain your logic cmk ?

Just cuz Primat gets a seat with Creation .... doesnt mean that his team mate comes along too .

Last edited by The Badger; 28 Sep 2007 at 00:36.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 08:08 (Ref:2024927)   #88
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes .... odd ..... whats that got to do with Creation ?

Tinseau-Primat in a Pescarolo .... nothing to do with Creation what so ever .... or am i wrong ,,,,, Please explain your logic cmk ?

Just cuz Primat gets a seat with Creation .... doesnt mean that his team mate comes along too .
That depends who is footing the bill for Tinseau being in the car (either the Pesca and/or the Creation, doesn't it?
Old 28 Sep 2007, 09:12 (Ref:2024969)   #89
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
How come we have to endure NASCAR almost every time ALMS wants to run a race on Speed???? You'll be glad to know that those missing 5 hours of the race you WON'T see with your eyes and maybe only your ears with Radio Le Mans will be available about 12 hours after the race has ran on the net and NO will not tell you how to find it.

Let's hope that darn CDW rumor is true because I am really tried of my ALMS being cut short or time delayed for some stupid reason. Either put the things on live or put them all on tape delayed, I'll just watch the Men & Motor's or Motors TV version...

The race should be pretty good actually so I'll keep positive about it.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 09:39 (Ref:2024977)   #90
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
How come we have to endure NASCAR almost every time ALMS wants to run a race on Speed???? You'll be glad to know that those missing 5 hours of the race you WON'T see with your eyes and maybe only your ears with Radio Le Mans will be available about 12 hours after the race has ran on the net and NO will not tell you how to find it.
They pay the bills that allows Speed to show ALMS. If ALMS was given priority, you'd have plenty more NASCAR fans complaining, so they get the priority unfortunately.

It might help if Petit was run on Sunday, since there'd be no NASCAR races on Sunday, but that would conflict with some of Speed's other Sunday staples like Speed News, Wind Tunnel, and NASCAR Victory Lane.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:50 (Ref:2025300)   #91
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any chance the P1 cars will get the 3% bigger restricter for this race?
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:55 (Ref:2025303)   #92
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They got a 2.3% weight break instead (880 kg instead of the new 900 kg limit).
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 29 Sep 2007, 09:51 (Ref:2025596)   #93
The Badger
Veteran

According to end-info , it looks like Bertolini will be racing the lista MC12 with Leinhard-Theys ..... no Van De Poele .
Old 29 Sep 2007, 23:47 (Ref:2026137)   #94
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
They pay the bills that allows Speed to show ALMS. If ALMS was given priority, you'd have plenty more NASCAR fans complaining, so they get the priority unfortunately.

It might help if Petit was run on Sunday, since there'd be no NASCAR races on Sunday, but that would conflict with some of Speed's other Sunday staples like Speed News, Wind Tunnel, and NASCAR Victory Lane.
Ah no..

There is no need to repeat the talking head shows 2 times between 6pm EST and 1am EST for example.

There is no need to show 4x4 races live when the stands are near empty, as such with the California and Las Vegas races largely.

They aren't complaining about coverage; they get plenty between ESPN, NASCAR dot com, Motorsport dot com, Yahoo, Google and Speed.

They get 4 different talk head shows that get run twice a day as when they originally aired because not enough necks own a Tivo or Media Center PC or a PC at all.

Even the NFL doesn't get covered as much in mainstream media in some cases. The only NFL shows on constantly are on their OWN channel. Maybe that's a hint for the management at NASCAR get your f**** channel already and **** off TWC & Comcast owners by charging extra like the NFL network does.

Stop making excuses for NASCAR being the 800lbs Monkey it doesn't need it.

If Speed can show 20 hours of the 24 hours of Le Mans then they can show 10 hours about a 2 hour plane flight from NC.

Excuses, excuses

Eh, Motor's coverage won't be interrupted by taxi cabs, 4x4 trucks or hacks working their way up to Cup or not.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 00:26 (Ref:2026157)   #95
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed.

Nascar is plenty strong enough for it's own channel, and that could help ALMS and others a lot, so they could come out of NASCAR's shadow.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 01:43 (Ref:2026170)   #96
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
if NASCAR gets its own channel, who will pay the bills at Speed?

I guarentee if MotorsTV had the rights to F1, they'd be pre-empting plenty of other series to show F1 series. It's the largest sport, can't blame the massive number of people who want to watch this stuff.

I don't know what "Talking heads" show you're refering to, none of them are interrupting Petit. Only qualifying and racing are, and NASCAR gets first dibs on those time slots.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 11:23 (Ref:2026680)   #97
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think we are all getting a little

When is the closing date for applications for the race ? Has it passed ?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2026750)   #98
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie

If Speed can show 20 hours of the 24 hours of Le Mans then they can show 10 hours about a 2 hour plane flight from NC.
Not even 2 hours. Speed TV is located in Charolette NC and Road Atlanta is in Brazilton GA ( hour NE of Atlanta) Driving to Road Atlanta from Charolette is under 3 hours.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 16:24 (Ref:2027042)   #99
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Think we are all getting a little

When is the closing date for applications for the race ? Has it passed ?
Closing date for entries was August 15, 2007.

If you show up at the track, with money in hand, and a legal car..... well, the closing date is likely Wednesday... but at this point I don't think a team could make a decision on Monday, and get all their gear from Europe over for Wednesday/Thursday, customs etc....
Old 1 Oct 2007, 02:28 (Ref:2027483)   #100
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
if NASCAR gets its own channel, who will pay the bills at Speed?

I guarentee if MotorsTV had the rights to F1, they'd be pre-empting plenty of other series to show F1 series. It's the largest sport, can't blame the massive number of people who want to watch this stuff.

I don't know what "Talking heads" show you're refering to, none of them are interrupting Petit. Only qualifying and racing are, and NASCAR gets first dibs on those time slots.
NASCAR Performance telling us shhh gear heads already know, nothing complicated about Cup cars, sorry.

NASCAR Victory Lane

"Back In the Day" with Jr

NASCAR Raceday

NASCAR Live!

"Go or Go Home"

"Swaping Paint"

And about 20 mins of a 1 hour show devoted to coverage of NASCAR

Not to mention at least 3 mins on Sportscenter, about 2 mins on your local sports newscast.

When all is said and done ISNT THAT ENOUGH COVERAGE???

And I haven't mentioned the 3 shows that ESPN currently has and the special that was on ABC in prime time 2 weeks ago.

Back on topic -

Should be a good race and only GT1 being a forgone conclusion already, I am actually looking more forward to the "State of the Series" address on I think Wed or Thurs.

Season is winding down and Peterson/White has already started testing for Dakar!