Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Apr 2013, 15:42 (Ref:3235357)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
welcome to our friendly forum Temden. I hope you enjoy the event.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3235371)   #27
Jan Biekens
Rookie

Jan Biekens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temden View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the Entry list??
Only from the Juniors as my papers are sent to Dan Setford.
A very good grid for the front engined series with 8 class A !!
Also five rear engined, why I don't understand.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Junior entries.pdf (114.8 KB, 27 views)
Old 17 Apr 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3235732)   #28
Temden
Rookie

Temden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
welcome to our friendly forum Temden. I hope you enjoy the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Biekens View Post
Only from the Juniors as my papers are sent to Dan Setford.
A very good grid for the front engined series with 8 class A !!
Also five rear engined, why I don't understand.
Thanks guys much appreciated, hopefully make it to Silverstone on Sunday. Looks like being a good FJ race.
Old 17 Apr 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3235777)   #29
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Biekens View Post
Here is a provisional one
Thanks
Old 17 Apr 2013, 20:59 (Ref:3235940)   #30
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
This weekend is crazy.
VSCCC not only has to compete against Flying Scotsman but also the Paris Pre War meet .Many members make the annual trip to drive round one of the most historic of Pre war tracks although it has seen much better days.

Before anyone mentions it the costs are expensive.Sandwiches at 8 Euro!
Old 18 Apr 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3236343)   #31
icklimp
Racer

England
icklimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are so many clashes in all forms of racing these days. Having looked at the FS entries there are handful of people I would usually expect to see at a VSCC race, and to be fair Spring Start has been round this time for quite a while. Both events seem to have more than adequate entries so obviously there are enough people to do both and neither event seems to be suffering overall for it.

Silverstone should be a cracking event!
Old 20 Apr 2013, 05:31 (Ref:3236930)   #32
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forecast for Sillystone looks good, will be heading north soon expecting a great day of motorsport
Old 20 Apr 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3237161)   #33
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really enjoyed the day at Silverstone.
A fantastic entry of cars, spent ages wandering the garages and paddocks.
Great to see the DB4GT Jet close up, the racing was excellent and the weather very pleasant.

Took too many photos but that's the trouble with so many nice cars on track.

An example, will sort through the rest tomorrow.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 10:36 (Ref:3237315)   #34
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's s great shot of the George Abecassis Centenary Trophy Race and the long early dice for second place. The winner who went on to catch 'Spike' Milligan (HWM Jaguar, at this point, a few cars length in front of this group) was in fact the late entry DB3 of Mark Midgley/Chris Woodgate seen at the back here. 'Spike' was 2nd and Wolfgang Friedrichs in the DB3S (260) 3rd. Both the DB2s seen here were also in contention and all five cars mentioned were only a few seconds apart after 40 minutes of racing. Great dicing down the field with no less than 3 Austin Healey 100S in the race and 5 Healey Silverstones, including the ex Tony Brooks car. A lovely race of lovely cars in lovely weather, so I'm chuffed to bits! I'm completely biased of course. David Abecassis was pleased, I think, and he had arranged a superb exhibition of ex Abecassis and HWM cars in the paddock area which attracted a lot of attention. I'd also like to publicly thank the VSCC for allowing us (DA and FISCAR) to bring this race to their great meeting.

Last edited by John Turner; 21 Apr 2013 at 10:42.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 15:48 (Ref:3237395)   #35
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Are there any online results for this meeting ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Apr 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3237424)   #36
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not on TSL timing, I just looked. I hope you don't have to wait for published results like the BDC, normally a week or 2.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3237446)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Yes I had a look at the timing sites but none seemed to list it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Apr 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3237512)   #38
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TSL don't time the VSCC meetings it's done by HS Timing and their results page is via the link below but at the moment the results aren't listed.

http://www.theresults.co.uk/theresul...vscc-april.pdf

Presume they'll also be published on the VSCC site at some stage?
Old 21 Apr 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3237564)   #39
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Lovely to See Compte, basking in the sun with a proper book . . . . apparently he was there to race!

permanently distracted by news from Cadwell. Very good news, and twice.

A nice meeting with a very pleasant relaxed atmosphere.

The HRDC Liquorice all sorts race was, err, a mixed bag! I think that's a good thing as the Grand touring greats, TC63 and MGB's all circulate in very similar times, but in different styles, its fun in the car, hopefully to watch as well.

I can happily live without big GT's and V8's thanks, no need, and a disincentive IMO

Our first issue was I left the key for the car at home . . .luckily the sun was out and the ice cream van was there. Unfortunately they didn't have any sticks with jokes, so we found one of my lock up keys which fitted.

practice was a few warm up laps . . . . a bit slippery, lost the temp gauge, pitted, plugged back in, went out, oil surge, came in, that'll do, fortunately no damage done. topped up oil . . .qualified 9th . . . . looking at the entry I figured a top ten would be a result.

I got a good start, and briefly up to about 5th, best bit was breezing past Anthony Reid in the Jag at the start. obviously it wasn't going to last . . . I tried defending the WSM/MGB I'd jumped as well but that wasn't my race, so let them go . . .. and they where a little quicker anyway, the only downside was the Anglia went with them . . . my real concern was the other Cortina GT . . . . it was close, 0.05s split us in qualifying. . . . after 5 or 6 laps I had a little breathing space but the trio ahead had the same, I wasn't going to catch the PA Anglia and I was wringing the neck of the Cortina anyway.

Dodging a long winter delayed March Hare carcase aside, the last 10 minutes where fairly uneventful, and we finished a surprisingly pleasant 6th overall.

Micky BOltons trophies continue to set the bench Mark, I'm sure Schumacher has worse in his wardrobe, and Julius, as always, is as inclusive as any organiser. I came home happy from Silverstone, and I hate the place, especially the mickey mouse triangle.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 05:00 (Ref:3237681)   #40
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
TSL don't time the VSCC meetings it's done by HS Timing and their results page is via the link below but at the moment the results aren't listed.

Presume they'll also be published on the VSCC site at some stage?
bit slower than TSL then, I suppose we are used to seeing results coming up instantly, gets used to it.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3237721)   #41
rbm
Racer

rbm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking at what happened with the Juniors and 500s on Sunday posting (official) times could be interesting.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3237724)   #42
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Here's the HRDC results.

and amazingly . . . a sunset on Sat evening to go with our BBQ!

I've just checked my tank . . .asides carrying the TV cameras in the car, I finished with 23L of fuel on board . . .as Pete said, am I collecting the Esso wine glasses?
Attached Thumbnails
Adur-20130422-01510.jpg   Adur-20130422-01511.jpg   Aylesbury Vale-20130420-01507.jpg  

Old 22 Apr 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3237732)   #43
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've just checked my tank . . .asides carrying the TV cameras in the car, I finished with 23L of fuel on board . . .as Pete said, am I collecting the Esso wine glasses?
What about the Tiger tails ?
I notice that you got beaten by one of those funny little cars that have a rear window that slants the wrong way !
Old 22 Apr 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3237736)   #44
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
yes, its less FiA than your car. kept him keen though.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3237748)   #45
HFJ Drifter
Rookie

United Kingdom
New Forest
HFJ Drifter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbm View Post
looking at what happened with the Juniors and 500s on Sunday posting (official) times could be interesting.
To say there was a monumental cock up with the timing for the FJ's would be a vast understatement. Makes me wonder why we have transponders.
At least the commentary team knew what was going on in the race.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3237790)   #46
Auriga
Rookie

Auriga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for pushing my car out of the way when you lit the barbeque Joe, so it didn't melt...
Old 22 Apr 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3237961)   #47
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFJ Drifter View Post
To say there was a monumental cock up with the timing for the FJ's would be a vast understatement. Makes me wonder why we have transponders.
At least the commentary team knew what was going on in the race.

the timing was an absolute shambles, in all races
no comparison to TSL

They had omitted my car from practice results for the sports car race
I went to the timekeepers, they actually checked handwritten notes, pages of them, full of starting numbers, very Victorian
have not seen that in years

TSL check their data and usually know in an instant

HGPCA results were still a mystery by the time I left the circuit

otherwise a very nice and pleasant meeting

Rudolf
Old 22 Apr 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3237970)   #48
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just checked again and see that HS Timing have now published the results:

Old 22 Apr 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3237991)   #49
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Rudolf

I've been given a tour of 'behind the scenes' before and everything is always done by hand anyway . . . . back up . . . . and to allow for those without transponders etc.

agree it wasn't quite as slick as MST though. If nothing else it delayed our prize giving and subsequently a late trip home with a weary team manager ( aged 7)

highlight on motors TV tonight at 11pm ( past my bed time apparently)
Old 22 Apr 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3238021)   #50
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Rudolf

I've been given a tour of 'behind the scenes' before and everything is always done by hand anyway . . . . back up . . . . and to allow for those without transponders etc.

agree it wasn't quite as slick as MST though. If nothing else it delayed our prize giving and subsequently a late trip home with a weary team manager ( aged 7)

highlight on motors TV tonight at 11pm ( past my bed time apparently)

I have checked the online results
the best laps credited are a joke,
unfortunately, as I wish I had done a 1.04

I dont agree with You, Zef,
as far as the TSL is concerned
hand stopping is not really needed
they have a veeeeeeery neat Setup
there is a light beam on the finish line
this is triggered by every car, a picture is taken
matched with the Transponder data, this gives your laptime
if in doubt because several cars pass the line closely
the pictures are checked.
usually works a treat

many people that the transponder Signal Triggers your laptime
that is wrong as the transponder gives a signal continuously all time while You go down the start / finish straight,
this is why the light beam is needed
the tranny just is an identification help to assign the light beam signals

Rudolf