Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Apr 2013, 18:25 (Ref:3238036)   #51
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few photos from a great weekend of racing...
Please send a PM if you want to ask if I got any photos of particular cars/drivers.

Commitment

Competitive

Synchronicity

Beauty

Old 22 Apr 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3238038)   #52
percy
Racer

Old 22 Apr 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3238047)   #53
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Did you take snaps of the modern tat in race 9 Percy?
Old 22 Apr 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3238053)   #54
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be some mistakes on the HS timing site as its down again.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3238061)   #55
percy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Sorry, not this time. I'll be at the Donington Historic weekend in May - are you racing there?
Old 22 Apr 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3238068)   #56
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was a drivers briefing for the 1950ies Sports Car Race on Sunday.

30 odd Drivers wait in vain for 15 minutes, nobody briefs us

we get restless, send a messenger, as we have races and cars to get back to

CoC appears, mumbles a feeble apology about "things taking long and keeping him"
erm, yes

a first to me

Rudolf
Old 22 Apr 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3238107)   #57
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Archaic timing is part of vintage racing surely? If a chap with a tache puts his cider down, and leaning away from the sun dial, doffs his bowler and says 'One minute 24 seconds sir' Who are we to argue?

there is no reference as its not an historic circuit
Old 22 Apr 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3238125)   #58
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
According to my programme Race 9 was for; "Special Pre-War Sports Cars". The most modern piece of Tat was a 1940 Aston Martin!!

I am I confused or are you?

I have a few pics from the race ....... but .........
Old 23 Apr 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3238222)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Archaic timing is part of vintage racing surely? If a chap with a tache puts his cider down, and leaning away from the sun dial, doffs his bowler and says 'One minute 24 seconds sir' Who are we to argue?
Racing with VSCC- it is all part of the charm!

Bob- think Zef means the HRDC Allstars race, which was SUNDAY Race 9?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 06:13 (Ref:3238228)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post

Thanks for posting these excellent shots, especially EVV, the 100S,did a LOT of work on that car whilst at Carters.It looks lovely! I still maintain that Full Face helmets look out of place in these SS cars.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3238239)   #61
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I still maintain that Full Face helmets look out of place in these SS cars.
Hear! Hear! And completely unnecessary.

rbmapics.com for my efforts. (including race 9 Saturday version that is).

Unfortunately could not stay for final couple of races on Sunday.

Great weekend for viewing, but that does not require timing results.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3238390)   #62
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Just checked again and see that HS Timing have now published the results:

http://www.theresults.co.uk/theresul...vscc-april.pdf
Where are the individual lap times for practice & the races.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3238418)   #63
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s View Post
Where are the individual lap times for practice & the races.
I don't know - I don't have any connection with HS Timing; I merely posted the link to their results yesterday when they became available but as was previously said they're not available at the moment (have just checked again).

I 'work as a volunteer' (excuse the oxymoron) for TSL so I know how their systems work - which include light beam, transponders AND hand-written 'running list' (the latter is quite normal to have). Finish line video at some meetings as well. MST tend to cover a lot of the historic meetings these days e.g HSCC - similar processes but some different systems from what I've seen (last couple of years I've helped them at my local HSCC event at Croft).

HS do the VSCC and other events. Well respected from what I know, hopefully they will get this sorted - maybe a matter of piecing together the raw manual data?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 17:52 (Ref:3238519)   #64
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I don't know - I don't have any connection with HS Timing; I merely posted the link to their results yesterday when they became available...
Come on Gary, sort it out Mate! As you're the only person on here that knows anything about timing it must be your fault......

(If you are still coming to Spa next month I owe you a beer! )

Great pics, everyone, thanks for sharing- especially the shot of the 250F.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3238522)   #65
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
(If you are still coming to Spa next month I owe you a beer! )
Mike, sadly our plans for a European motoring holiday inc Spa are 'on ice' - wife not so well, long story. So if I can get away it will be a last-minute trip just for the Spa w/end.

Last edited by gary396; 23 Apr 2013 at 18:05. Reason: typo
Old 24 Apr 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3238932)   #66
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
If anyone is still wanting them, I see that the race results and lap times are now available on-line. I think someone was seeking the qualification times as well but I don't think these are listed (may have missed them though):

Old 24 Apr 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3238949)   #67
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If anyone is still wanting them, I see that the race results and lap times are now available on-line. I think someone was seeking the qualification times as well but I don't think these are listed (may have missed them though):

managed to download them
Old 25 Apr 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3239232)   #68
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Full list of race times are up, glad to see that Chris Guest in the RGS Atalanta, race no 262 race 6 on sunday didn't embarrass me nor I him.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3239244)   #69
bauble
Veteran

England

Would this be the chap?
Old 25 Apr 2013, 12:01 (Ref:3239255)   #70
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
That would be me !, many thanks.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3239276)   #71
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
That would be me !, many thanks.

DB,
Take a look at rbmapics.com for more great pics
Old 25 Apr 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3239282)   #72
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Great photo's, Bob, will be able to see where we go next in making it quicker & sorting its now minor suspension issues.
Will order some shortly.
Can you tell me where picture 78 was taken from please.

Last edited by FastDB2s; 25 Apr 2013 at 13:59.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3239296)   #73
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Great photo's, Bob, will be able to see where we go next in making it quicker & sorting its now minor suspension issues.
Will order some shortly.
Can you tell me where picture 78 was taken from please.
Luffield Out (as it is called) just before the pits straight, or is that Woodcote these days?

Anyway coming out of the Complex.

Is any of this of any help- atall?

Cheers,

Bob Bull aka bauble.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3239360)   #74
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
Just great !
Old 26 Apr 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3239594)   #75
Will Nuthall
Racer

Will Nuthall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of the timing results are still wrong, having the individual lap times published just shows more of the errors!! Great event otherwise and we were very lucky with the weather.

Side note I disagree with the bit about full face helmets. I don't fancy a bit of gravel hitting me in the face/mouth while travelling at 150mph.

"I still maintain that Full Face helmets look out of place in these SS cars."

"Hear! Hear! And completely unnecessary."