Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Jun 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3259501)   #2701
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I agree, I´ll be happy if Strakka stays in LMP1 next year.
Their driver setup if definitely more suited to P2, Strakka has had good success in that class. Not marginalizing Nick or anything, but he just isn't at the level of the pros.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 05:36 (Ref:3260121)   #2702
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The HPD Coupe could surprise

Because of the new 2014 LMP1 rules fitting into Honda's future powertrain and company philosophy and to tie it to the new NSX.

I wouldn't be surprise it will have the Indy DI 2.2L V6 turbo with hybrid.

With so little rules except the fuel meter,there is so much to play with that engine(adj boost,lean burn,e20 or e85,intercooler or no intercooler-better aero).

And hybrid because Honda is pushing their new hybrid system eSH-AWD in their top models.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3260177)   #2703
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
The HPD Coupe could surprise
This MUST be the news we've been waiting for(?). Slightly disappointed at the estimated top speed, but what a machine!

Link..
Old 10 Jun 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3260261)   #2704
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
This MUST be the news we've been waiting for(?). Slightly disappointed at the estimated top speed, but what a machine!

Link..
While the top speed is going to hurt them, especially on the run down to Indianapolis, I suspect some of the underbody aero and the blade functionality could open up some very interesting lines.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 12:49 (Ref:3260341)   #2705
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

Link..
Radical departure from the norm. Tube frame, front engine, etc. A bit of a throwback to the past. However driver visibility looks excellent! I can't wait to see the body and livery!

Richard

PS: I just thought maybe we have it all wrong. Maybe this is a new Honda DP car?

Last edited by Richard C; 10 Jun 2013 at 12:50. Reason: Add the PS
Old 10 Jun 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3260453)   #2706
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
PS: I just thought maybe we have it all wrong. Maybe this is a new Honda DP car?
Nah, DPs are mid-engined! But should be able to compete with them though!

DK
Old 10 Jun 2013, 20:28 (Ref:3260587)   #2707
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
And behind the scenes there is no smiles from petrol manufactures,by what Audi did to Toyota over the weekend!

Either get rid of diesel fuel or open up the rules on the petrol fuel to add power density.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3260588)   #2708
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Either get rid of diesel fuel or open up the rules on the petrol fuel to add power density.
That's what they're doing with the 2014 regulations, fuel flow, fuel energy content and energy recovery capacity are used for performance balancing.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 06:09 (Ref:3260732)   #2709
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
I seen the Coupe design drawings and the engine but the only thing I don't know is what team? I had my money on Rebellion but they didn't want to leave Toyota and wanted more control/better price on the chassis. HPD/Wirth is not cheap!

So what team has the money to run a two P1 cars and have the personal to do it?
Old 11 Jun 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3260814)   #2710
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I seen the Coupe design drawings and the engine but the only thing I don't know is what team? I had my money on Rebellion but they didn't want to leave Toyota and wanted more control/better price on the chassis. HPD/Wirth is not cheap!

Is there a link for the car design

What engine is???
Old 11 Jun 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3260873)   #2711
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I suppose if they don't have at least one customer we're about to see some renders soon.
Old 11 Jun 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3260989)   #2712
Nologo
Rookie

France
Nologo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Maybe Penske who was certainly disapointed when Porsche decided to run themselves their LMP1 program...?
Or a F1 bis Team like Mc Laren...?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3261791)   #2713
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If HPD condider use the F1 engine probably it will be a much cheaper derivated version of that engine. You won´t need things like the pneumatic valves. Obviously it will be an expensive engine but not that expensive as a F1 engine...

And yes..., the Indy racing derivated engine maybe could be an smart choice
Old 12 Jun 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3261826)   #2714
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a timeline for Honda present their 2014 Coupé????

Almost all the player´s have bin presenting things?

Audi will be there in 2014, Toyota to, Porsche show their car today, Dome show wind tunel/CFD design´s, Perrinn LMP1 some draw´s, and OAK said today the 2014 LMP1 in underway. By my calculations, if there´s no more surprises, HPD is the one lefting.

I believe there will be a team with a HPD Coupe... well, I wish at least!!!!!!
Old 27 Jun 2013, 14:52 (Ref:3270627)   #2715
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Racer Mag just broke the story!

There will be a 2014 HPD P1 Coupe with the Indy V6 Turbo and hybrid.

The story stated they haven't tested it but a friend of mine was emailed some pictures of the Strakka team testing an all black Coupe in early June in France.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3270636)   #2716
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Confirmation of HPD's commitment for 2014:
  • LMP1 2014 chassis designed by Wirth Research
  • small direct injected turbocharged V6 derived from Indycar engine
  • hybrid system provided by Magneti Marelli
source: http://www.racer.com/exclusive-hpd-p...rticle/300655/

Interestingly HPD leaves a lot of choice to the customers of their products:
Quote:
“The rules say that if you're a privateer, you can add on the level of energy recovery that suits your needs, so we've chosen to let our customers go with whatever they want,” he continues. “Our vision is that we'll offer a variety of options, from no-energy recovery up to the full eight Megajoule maximum monster level. And that really becomes kind of the testbed for us to get more deep firsthand knowledge about energy recovery applications in motorsports.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3270648)   #2717
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

zanfo zanfagni has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
if there will be an hybrid system it means that honda will step inside with a work team right? according to 2014 regulamentation only manufacturers work team can use hybrid engines. So can be: work team honda lmp1 chassis + hybrid engine; customers lmp1 chassis + hybridless engine.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3270652)   #2718
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanfo zanfagni View Post
if there will be an hybrid system it means that honda will step inside with a work team right? according to 2014 regulamentation only manufacturers work team can use hybrid engines. So can be: work team honda lmp1 chassis + hybrid engine; customers lmp1 chassis + hybridless engine.
I think you've mis-read the rules. Manufacturers have to run hybrids, but hybrids don't have to be run by manufacturers. Privateers have the choice.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3270653)   #2719
zanfo zanfagni
Racer

zanfo zanfagni has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I remember that manufacturers directly involved in WEC (so audi with his work team, toyota with his etc...) are forced to use hybrid engines with an ERS device of 2,4,6 or 8MJ. Privateers team because of cost reduction are not allowed to use hybrid units, but conventional thermal engines up to 5500cc. Please correct me if am I wrong.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3270670)   #2720
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Well, this is great news! I'm quite excited about the prospect of the Acura NSX GT; let's not forget about that! It's actually quite refreshing to get to see the opportunity of essentially a privateer-based chassis actually run with an energy recovery system.

Quote:
In an exclusive conversation held with RACER at Le Mans, HPD vice president Steve Eriksen revealed it will offer a tailored package to suit the desires of its customers with a blend of new energy-recovery technology from partner Magneti Marelli, a small, turbocharged and direct-injected V6 engine based on the architecture of its race-winning IndyCar motor, and a coupe chassis from Wirth Research that has been lying in wait for a manufacturer like Honda to bring it to fruition.
So by tailored they mean that the chassis built will differ slightly according to the team's wishes?
Old 27 Jun 2013, 17:04 (Ref:3270687)   #2721
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
So by tailored they mean that the chassis built will differ slightly according to the team's wishes?
I think he means the powertrain can be tailored to suit the customers desires. The chassis will be the same.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3270744)   #2722
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very happy when I saw this news. Rumoured for a long time but nice to see it effectively confirmed. Hoping to see Strakka and Muscle Milk campaigning these cars next year in WEC/LM.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3270871)   #2723
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Funny how couple of months ago 2014 privateer options looked so gloomy... of course not a single car has been yet built, but now it's like turned upside down.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3270874)   #2724
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Funny how couple of months ago 2014 privateer options looked so gloomy... of course not a single car has been yet built, but now it's like turned upside down.
Everyone was waiting for everyone else to start announcing their plans. It always seems to happen like this.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3270876)   #2725
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanfo zanfagni View Post
I remember that manufacturers directly involved in WEC (so audi with his work team, toyota with his etc...) are forced to use hybrid engines with an ERS device of 2,4,6 or 8MJ. Privateers team because of cost reduction are not allowed to use hybrid units, but conventional thermal engines up to 5500cc. Please correct me if am I wrong.
The regulations:
Quote:
No ERS column is dedicated to privateers [...]
Since nothing else is said about the options, that is pretty self-explanatory.

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/2014%...28,%202012.pdf
page 43