Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Aug 2009, 22:49 (Ref:2530158)   #201
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Yeah, pretty much. Given the fact that NASCAR is a very powerful organization I wonder if ALMS is going to have an even harder time operating thanks to all of NASCAR's connections. By the same token, what could Jim France do to hurt the ALMS, as a worthy revenge for the LMPC and GTC classes?

Chris
Well I don't think it will go over well if they play hardball.

Also regardless there are plenty of tracks out there not under the influence of the nascar juggernaut. ALMS will do just fine I think.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2530416)   #202
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like the Frances will try to put their competitors out of business...
Old 29 Aug 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2530741)   #203
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Precisely. And regarding race tracks, NASCAR doesn't have to own them for other series to get slighted in terms of scheduling.

Chris
Old 30 Aug 2009, 08:20 (Ref:2530877)   #204
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
If that happens, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there is a sudden influx of North American teams entering races across the pond.
Old 30 Aug 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2531263)   #205
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
If that happens, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there is a sudden influx of North American teams entering races across the pond.
I would be. There's no team I can think of currently racing in the American Le Mans Series that I believe has any interest under any circumstance in racing other than in North America - with the exception of Le Mans (and Robertson Racing in Japan this year if that race is held).
Old 2 Sep 2009, 12:59 (Ref:2533120)   #206
simontemplar09
Rookie

United States
United States
simontemplar09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Murphy's Twitter page "A famous racing team will return to ALMS with prototypes in 2010." Do we know who that is? My thoughts were Penske or Alex Job Racing with factory support in GA being reduced.

http://twitter.com/Murphythebear
Old 2 Sep 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2533137)   #207
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John Dagy's posted an article on twitter this morning that made me think Penske is not returning. Alex Job may be there, but I thought GTC, GT2, and LMPC were his targets. (His own team in GT2, running a team for paying drivers in GTC and LMPC.) As far as famous teams returning, I was thinking along the lines of Joest.

Chris
Old 2 Sep 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2533156)   #208
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Maybe Audi Sport...
Old 2 Sep 2009, 14:17 (Ref:2533162)   #209
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I was thinking along the lines of Joest.

Chris
That would be fine with me! Although the tweet didn't say if it would be in the LMP or LMPC class, so maybe its somebody else picking up challenge protos.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2533197)   #210
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Good point, and it isn't necessarily a famous prototype team, just a famous team returning to the ALMS next year. Hmm... Job makes sense, so does Joest...

Outside of the box thinking could be Dick Barbour or TRG running LMPC cars. All the while TRG supports GTC teams and Barbour continues to work with the Robertsons. Does that mean Barbour is returning to the ALMS though? It would be a return in name.

Chris
Old 2 Sep 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2533365)   #211
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Could it not be AM? Not really a comeback maybe
Old 2 Sep 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2533424)   #212
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I actually wouldn't be too surprised if it was TRG. Afterall, don't they run Porsches in GAARA? Not to mention their near imminent failure in Nascar.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2533430)   #213
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I actually wouldn't be too surprised if it was TRG. Afterall, don't they run Porsches in GAARA? Not to mention their near imminent failure in Nascar.
They are brand new at NASCAR, so a learing season was expected. Would be nice to see them back in ALMS though.

DK
Old 2 Sep 2009, 22:56 (Ref:2533432)   #214
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
They are brand new at NASCAR, so a learing season was expected. Would be nice to see them back in ALMS though.

DK

Actually, TRG first ran a 2-3 car team in the truck series last year, then dropped to 1 car, then pulled out several months ago. They also have a car in Cup, but has S&Ped some races due to lack of sponsor funds.

It really doesn't look good for them there, though they are trying.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2533504)   #215
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is a little early for a team to have confirmed a LMPC program for next year. I think it has to be a full on prototype squad.

Pemske or ASNA.

Side note: Diaz (in his Mosport post race interview) mentioned that Dyson will be really tough competition for them next year.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2534011)   #216
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
Side note: Diaz (in his Mosport post race interview) mentioned that Dyson will be really tough competition for them next year.
I thought Fernandez was retiring and taking his team back to indy car?
Old 3 Sep 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2534048)   #217
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
First I have heard that! That is far from what has been quoted from the team. Here

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 20:50 (Ref:2534068)   #218
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
I think you are confusing Adrian with Gil... although the Indycar bit is still not 100% and he has stated that he would like to continue in sports cars as well.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2534072)   #219
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
First I have heard that! That is far from what has been quoted from the team. Here

L.P.
I thought I heard something like it on one of the ALMS broadcasts, but maybe they were talking about de Ferran.

But after reading this: http://spindoctor500blog.blogspot.co...l-in-2010.html
It makes you think. It doesn't seem like he'd want to run in IRL so maybe for him to drive it's the ALMS or pure team management.

And this: http://mvn.com/indyracingrevolution/...-for-2010.html

Last edited by AndrewF31; 3 Sep 2009 at 20:57. Reason: another link
Old 4 Sep 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2534582)   #220
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I hear that Penske favour the new for 2010 rules ..... and rumour has it that this interest may lead to a comeback with the RS Spyder .
Old 4 Sep 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2534591)   #221
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
About GT2 and the Acura teams.

Team Falken, and Rocketsports have both said they would run all the races next year. Is this still in place?

AFAIK, even if the Acura program ends, De Ferran and Patron-Hicroft both said that will be back next year. Not sure about Fernandez though.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 19:12 (Ref:2534595)   #222
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I hear that Penske favour the new for 2010 rules ..... and rumour has it that this interest may lead to a comeback with the RS Spyder .
Hope this becomes true! With Porsche and Audi together, would Audi come over to face them all year or could they stick in LMS, or not stick anywhere at all?
Old 4 Sep 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2534640)   #223
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I do believe that it is the other German marque (in prototypes) that is being rumored with Penske.

L.P.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2534703)   #224
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Penske coming back to form the basis of a new Audi Sport North America is possible, but he's stated that he doesn't think that his team will be able to return to the ALMS next year. And with no incentive to run in the LMS from a commercial point of view(no need to preach to the choir about diesel cars in Europe), Joest might come back to the ALMS as ANSA(the team was known as Audi Sport North America Team Joest in the ALMS from 2000-at least '02). I doubt that Audi would pull a Porsche in the WSC days and run a team fully under the factory banner(IE, the entry being know as Audi AG or Audi Sport/Audi AG), and it seems it'll be an eternity before Champion is fully out of Chapter 11, and Audi isn't helping much there by trying to convince them to keep the Coral Springs Audi dealership.

So my bets are on Joest.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 23:45 (Ref:2534739)   #225
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Penske Audis has been rumored, not RS Spyders.