Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Sep 2002, 20:22 (Ref:373272)   #1
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brighton speed trials

Just wondered how many of you historic racers will be having a go at the Brighton speed trials next saturday,Its not so much the speed its just the pleasure of seeing such a variety of classic cars and bikes close up. I know many of you will have been before but for any of you who have missed this event, just ask the wife if she wants a day out at the seaside saturday,and pretend to be surprised when the seafront is closed off. Last year i think the wife enjoyed it as much as me. By the way if any of you were there last year i have some nice photo's of the start line burnouts.Hope to see some of you there, you can't miss me i will be the one drooling over the railings.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 21:51 (Ref:373333)   #2
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be there.

It is among the oldest motor racing events still held, perhaps the oldest on the same course since 190? only pausing for wars.

Simon
Old 5 Sep 2002, 07:09 (Ref:373556)   #3
pauldavid
Racer

Hi Simon
Happy birthday for yesterday from one crawley boy to another, i will refrain from asking how old you are, allthough compared with me even god's a youngster.If you were not there last year they had a full on drag Chrysler "WOW" it was something else and as for the nitro bikes well lets just say new underwear was required .
Old 6 Sep 2002, 17:45 (Ref:374748)   #4
bolide
Rookie

bolide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brighton Speed Trials

We'll be there - its' one of the events I can walk to from home!

I am negotiating with Chrysler to get a "journalist" ride in the Bruiser (last year's Chrysler dragster as mentioned) - does anyone think that's a good idea?

Bruiser
Bruiser

Our gallery from the 2000 Speed Trials is at
www.bolide.co.uk/actions/image.taf?link=bspt2000
Old 6 Sep 2002, 18:30 (Ref:374772)   #5
pauldavid
Racer

I think a ride in the Bruiser is a wicked idea, can i be a journalist for a day,PLEASE(joke). I have many photo's on the startline from last year,if Bolide would like to borrow the negatives to get some copys for your archives please feel free to contact me, and maybee i could bring them along next week.Good luck to everyone for next week and thanks for a well run and exciting event last year.May the sun shine down on you all.my E.Mail address is under my profile.
Old 8 Sep 2002, 10:41 (Ref:375627)   #6
pauldavid
Racer

This is what you can expect?
Attached Thumbnails
bruiser.jpg  
Old 8 Sep 2002, 22:07 (Ref:375953)   #7
bolide
Rookie

bolide should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruiser

You were up above - I was in front...

Nick Froome
www.bolide.co.uk
Old 10 Sep 2002, 08:05 (Ref:377133)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I have just volunteered to marshal on Saturday. The weather forecast is for 25 degrees C so it should be a wonderful day for all. I'll be one of the many in orange overalls but identifiable by the bright red trainers. Please say hi if you see me!
Old 11 Sep 2002, 16:35 (Ref:378086)   #9
pauldavid
Racer

Guess what,
It's 5 o/clock and i have just bought our local paper (The Crawley Observer) and there was a competition in there to win V.I.P. tickets to the speed trial,including, Grandstand, Admission, free drinks, and a fish and chip lunch, courtesy of Frosts. The first person to call in at their office would get the tickets, christ! i never new i could move so quick, any way i got the tickets.So Stephen and Nick and anyone else from ten-tenths i will see you there.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 07:02 (Ref:378524)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Great news Paul. It looks like being a great day I'll watch out for you and will polish the trainers especially!
Old 17 Sep 2002, 19:19 (Ref:382713)   #11
pauldavid
Racer

Had a great time at the speedtrials @ Brighton, but lost me programe with all me results in, anyone know a site where i can get this years results from?.
P.S. i think stephen green got his bum superglued to that green audi,you could see he was itching to spring into action but the whole day was incident free, apart from a bit of a scuffle between the security guards and some annoying gits on the beach, holding up the action.Anyone that took part i have plenty of startline photo's if you are interested
Old 18 Sep 2002, 06:58 (Ref:383105)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The Audi had a nice polish to it by the end of the day Good to bump into you again. It was a very good day out and something I'll do again next year!
Old 18 Sep 2002, 06:58 (Ref:383106)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The idiots on the beach almost spoilt it for everyone else. The young men in question were being 'seen' by the police as I left *chuckles*