Old 17 Mar 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3042660)   #1
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MATADOR CLUBMAN'S CAR

Hi all.

I have just noticed that my old race car, now complete with a bike engine installed instead of the Connaught crossflow it was sold with, has been up for sale and recently purchased for a give away price off Pistonheads.

The seller was not aware of it's history. If the new owner wants to PM me, I will happily fill them in with what they need to know plus a few pictures from the past, which I think i may still have.

Chris
Old 20 May 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3076732)   #2
Graeme 4382
Rookie

Graeme 4382 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris

I'm the new owner of the car & would be very interested in its history. Assume that it originally had a crossflow in it, but would be interested in any history or other information that you have - who originally built it (you?), who designed it (you again I guess), what was the original spec, what was it used for etc etc . The motor bike engine installation hasn't been done that well & it is looking a bit tatty at the moment so needs a bit of work.

Many thanks for your help

Regards
Graeme
Old 20 May 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3076738)   #3
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MATADOR

Hi Graham

How long have you got?
Seriously, if you send me a PM and I will give you as much info as possible. I do have some photos from when I raced it, but I need to scan them in.
I bought it as a rolling chassis and had Connaught build me a rubber crossflow with about 135bhp. I raced it at Lydden in their single seater series.
It has some foibles which probably haven't been sorted but I won't air those in the public arena

Where in the UK are you? I am currently staying and working in the East London area

Last edited by b1ackcr0w; 22 May 2012 at 09:39.