Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Sep 2008, 04:18 (Ref:2288622)   #1
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Changes for 2009

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content...aled_for_2009/

A few good changes there.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 04:35 (Ref:2288628)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah it doesn't sound too bad. I think having the option tire worked for champcar and it will work here allowing some new strategies during the race.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 04:46 (Ref:2288632)   #3
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see the Top 10 shootout back at all rounds. No CPS window - another good thing. Not so happy with whoever wins the Sunday race is the event winner. They must think the average fan has no ability to add up.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 05:21 (Ref:2288641)   #4
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like a good bunch of improvements, especially the abolishment of three sprint races at every weekend.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 13 Sep 2008, 05:22 (Ref:2288642)   #5
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked Jason Bright's idea he put forward in an interview earlier this year (or was it last year?).
Introduce the option tyre, but give teams full access to their tyre bank at the start of the season and let them manage it.

Might give us scenarios like say at New Zealand PCR and Tasman bolt on greens at every chance in a bid for hometown glory. Or teams using allot of tyres early in the season in hope of building a points gap.

Could make it interesting come the last round, (using a Crompton line) to see who's got the 'best dirty shirts'
Old 13 Sep 2008, 05:25 (Ref:2288643)   #6
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see the top 10 back...[/happy]

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 13 Sep 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2288697)   #7
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The idea of an option tyre seems good. But in my thoughts, the use of the now medium-hard compound tyre and the softer D11 only is a bit questionable. What about a F1 type of tyre option rules (ie: bring two from four types of tyres for the round comprising of soft, medium, medium-hard and hard)

Also, I would like to see a two race system like the BatRacer version of the BTCC, a short (100km) race with no pitstop and a longer second race (300km) with a series of pitstops and the grid setup from the finishing positions from race one.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2288717)   #8
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to a source close to VESA at PI today another change will be no Biante series next year. Couldn't get anyone to officially comment but hope to have a conformation or otherwise before Tuesday nights show.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 09:30 (Ref:2288755)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all good i think love the top ten and option tyre.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 09:41 (Ref:2288767)   #10
GreaseMonkey99
Rookie

Australia
GreaseMonkey99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better race formats...
More pit strategy...
Sounds good to me...
the rock concerts will make the weekend better as well...
Old 13 Sep 2008, 10:03 (Ref:2288787)   #11
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think bringing the top 10 shootout back is great,as for the different tires dont know yet it will be a good or not.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 11:27 (Ref:2288840)   #12
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like all the changes , bring on 2009
Old 13 Sep 2008, 11:39 (Ref:2288856)   #13
GreaseMonkey99
Rookie

Australia
GreaseMonkey99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by panel damage
I like all the changes , bring on 2009
..Agreed,,,but in the interm I can't wait for tomorrow.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 23:51 (Ref:2289354)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Article here

Doesnt make it sound nearly so exciting......
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Sep 2008, 00:51 (Ref:2289371)   #15
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
According to a source close to VESA at PI today another change will be no Biante series next year. ...
I don't quite know why they would take this step, since the reduced Aussie racing car appearances, this is one of the actual entertaining parts of the race weekends!

Also, it has only really just started off, and even thought the numbers are not quite as large as that for the Appendix J cars that used to put on a better display, V8SC claim that less cars is better (What The??).
Old 14 Sep 2008, 01:16 (Ref:2289380)   #16
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog
I don't quite know why they would take this step, since the reduced Aussie racing car appearances, this is one of the actual entertaining parts of the race weekends!

Also, it has only really just started off, and even thought the numbers are not quite as large as that for the Appendix J cars that used to put on a better display, V8SC claim that less cars is better (What The??).
I had the rare opportunity yesterday to play spectator. (first time in over a decade) apart from all the restrictions, No alcohol, no BBQ's, $10 parking next to the track, $10 bucks for a $4.50 programme, $10 bucks pit entrance, $ 7.50 Hot Dogs (Gourmet of course) it was interesting to see the reaction of the average V8 Supercar fan to the day.
The group I was with hated the Formula Fords (old fashioned, gutless, kiddie cars) The Carrera Cup ( rich ******s), The Mini's ( A Joke) but they loved the Biante series.
Perhaps that's one reason the series "might" be going. It wouldn't be the first time a support act has been killed for posing a threat to the headline band. Although from what I've gathered overnight It may have more to do with the Biante guys not being willing to stump up for the increased fees for next year.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 01:22 (Ref:2289384)   #17
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
I had the rare opportunity yesterday to play spectator. (first time in over a decade) apart from all the restrictions, No alcohol, no BBQ's, $10 parking next to the track, $10 bucks for a $4.50 programme, $10 bucks pit entrance, $ 7.50 Hot Dogs (Gourmet of course) it was interesting to see the reaction of the average V8 Supercar fan to the day.
The group I was with hated the Formula Fords (old fashioned, gutless, kiddie cars) The Carrera Cup ( rich ******s), The Mini's ( A Joke) but they loved the Biante series.
Perhaps that's one reason the series "might" be going. It wouldn't be the first time a support act has been killed for posing a threat to the headline band. Although from what I've gathered overnight It may have more to do with the Biante guys not being willing to stump up for the increased fees for next year.
I would have fitted right in with that crowd.
Old 14 Sep 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2289620)   #18
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I HATE the top 10 returning, leave it for the enduros. I also wanted a MIX of events, and really having the same format at every round (barring the main 3) will see us with the same old problem that we have with race formats, and we'll change it again next year.

Removing the windows though is a positive.
Old 15 Sep 2008, 00:14 (Ref:2290443)   #19
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would they require fuel stops for all races, surely the 2-race "sprint" format would not require them. Get rid of all artificial CPS's. Also I disagree with going to a top 10 shootout for all rounds, I don't mind the current system (Ch7 just need to do a better job of showing the driver's positions during the sessions) and I think the Shootout should be kept for Bathurst as a spectacle.

Brett I agree you, the one make (& FFord) racing can be entertaining but the same-ness is a bit overwhelming after a while. I wonder if the disappearance of the Biante TCMs might be a symptom of how much it costs to run in the series when most of the drivers don't have a lot of external sponsorship?
Old 15 Sep 2008, 00:42 (Ref:2290455)   #20
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the shootouts should be used as a novelty format, not every weekend.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 15 Sep 2008, 01:17 (Ref:2290467)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=johnh875]Why would they require fuel stops for all races, surely the 2-race "sprint" format would not require them. Get rid of all artificial CPS's. Also I disagree with going to a top 10 shootout for all rounds, I don't mind the current system (Ch7 just need to do a better job of showing the driver's positions during the sessions) and I think the Shootout should be kept for Bathurst as a spectacle.

QUOTE]

because with ethanol they will run out of petrol
Old 22 Sep 2008, 03:12 (Ref:2294869)   #22
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto
I would have fitted right in with that crowd.
So would most of my friends.

I like the current qualifying format and would prefer to see the Top 10 shootout kept exclusively for the enduros.

I am very glad to see the back of CPS. I hate that sort of contrived bull****!

Last edited by DAVID PATERSON; 22 Sep 2008 at 03:14.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 03:48 (Ref:2294879)   #23
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
I am very glad to see the back of CPS. I hate that sort of contrived bull****!
Actually the CPS stays David. It is only the set pit windows that have been removed. So it is only slightly less contrived.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2295172)   #24
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
Actually the CPS stays David. It is only the set pit windows that have been removed. So it is only slightly less contrived.
200 kilometres is very much borderline for a full tank of fuel.
Old 22 Sep 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2295187)   #25
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez
200 kilometres is very much borderline for a full tank of fuel.
True, but even if they can make it -

*Refuelling will be mandatory in every race.