Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Sep 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2758172)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
’10 ALMS Finale • Petit Le Mans • '10 ILMC Round 2 Sept. 29th – Oct. 2nd

..... ’10 ALMS Finale • Petit Le Mans • '10 ILMC Round 2 .. Sept. 29th – Oct. 2nd

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing & Scoring
RLM
IMSA Site
Spotters Guide
Live SpeedTV rounds "Q"ing Stream
Satellite Upper left of map, select aerial view
Weather
World Times

Qualifying: Friday October 1st, 3:15pm/15:15 local EDST ( GMT -4 )

L.P.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2758186)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is a good looking poster for the race! Time to get tickets.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2758224)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
YES!

Ticket ordered!
Old 12 Sep 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2758338)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ticket already received and it looks just like the pic except with a yellow background. First ALMS race so it better be a good one, I'll miss Wed night free practice but will be there as early as I can be on Thursday.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 00:31 (Ref:2758440)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
You will have a blast! Great event and a great track!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 02:45 (Ref:2758468)   #6
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the entry list has 7 classes listed!?!?! The 911 hybrid is listed as GTH, I thought I read it would race unclassified in GT2. What gives?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 03:42 (Ref:2758478)   #7
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightline View Post
So the entry list has 7 classes listed!?!?! The 911 hybrid is listed as GTH, I thought I read it would race unclassified in GT2. What gives?
Unclassified really meant 'outside the traditional class structure.' Thus the GTH classification.
Shouldn't be a huge surprise, we knew it had to fit in somewhere.

It's running in VLN-spec. Chances are it will be competing with (and of comparable pace to) GT2 entries.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 03:51 (Ref:2758481)   #8
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightline View Post
7 classes, seems pretty straight forward and self explanatory to me. As to GT-H, at this point it is a non scoring GT class. In the future it may become a full on class.

L.P.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2758676)   #9
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Unclassified really meant 'outside the traditional class structure.' Thus the GTH classification.
Shouldn't be a huge surprise, we knew it had to fit in somewhere.

It's running in VLN-spec. Chances are it will be competing with (and of comparable pace to) GT2 entries.
What's the difference in specs between the VLN (hybrid) GT2/class for GT2's and ACO (hybrid) GT2?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2758677)   #10
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'll miss Wed night free practice but will be there as early as I can be on Thursday.
There is no night practice on Wednesday, that's on Thursday, so you won't miss a thing.

What's with Trans-Am on the schedule and no TDI Cup?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2758708)   #11
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait for this race after a fantastic(for me)1000km of Silverstone
Old 13 Sep 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2758746)   #12
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
What's the difference in specs between the VLN (hybrid) GT2/class for GT2's and ACO (hybrid) GT2?
The ACO doesn't have a class for Hybrid GTs. They've just called it GTH for the purposes of the marketing exercise that is this car running at Petit

I very much doubt there will be a GTH class within the ACO rules structure any time soon.

Ben
Old 13 Sep 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2758749)   #13
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post
Can't wait for this race after a fantastic(for me)1000km of Silverstone
Likewise, enjoyed yesterday and am coming over for my first taste of PLM and RA.

Marshalled a couple of ALMS races at Laguna Seca (2007/2009) so know what to expect, but have been warned it'll be even better!!!!!!
Old 13 Sep 2010, 17:29 (Ref:2758839)   #14
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Likewise, enjoyed yesterday and am coming over for my first taste of PLM and RA.

Marshalled a couple of ALMS races at Laguna Seca (2007/2009) so know what to expect, but have been warned it'll be even better!!!!!!
Cool! I have never been to Laguna, but I have been to a lot of major events all over the US and PLM is still my favorite.

My ticket should arrive tomorrow.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2758869)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ive just noticed that OAK had 2 cars entered in the International cup along with 1 for Racing Box MIK (that sounds like an irish driver) .

But only 1 OAK is going to PLM and no MIK , or , it that for 2011 ?
Old 13 Sep 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2758875)   #16
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OAK has two cars entered, but only 1 will be going to Petit and Zhuhai. MIK will only have their two cars at Silverstone and Zhuhai.

This specifies which events each car will participate in.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2758915)   #17
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Ive just noticed that OAK had 2 cars entered in the International cup along with 1 for Racing Box MIK (that sounds like an irish driver) .

But only 1 OAK is going to PLM and no MIK , or , it that for 2011 ?
You are correct; 1 OAK and no MIK for PLM.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2759242)   #18
vogelmann4
Rookie

vogelmann4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems odd that they would go to two of the three rounds while their only competition is going to all three. Gonna be hard to win a championship when the other guy is guaranteed another race to score points in. I assume funding is the key? Wouldn't a trip to Atlanta from England be cheaper than traveling to Asia? They have Asian sponsors?
Old 14 Sep 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2759294)   #19
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogelmann4 View Post
It seems odd that they would go to two of the three rounds while their only competition is going to all three. Gonna be hard to win a championship when the other guy is guaranteed another race to score points in. I assume funding is the key? Wouldn't a trip to Atlanta from England be cheaper than traveling to Asia? They have Asian sponsors?
Probably they are going to Zuhai for the Le Mans Automatic invitation for the Asian Le Mans Winner, it will be easiest for them compared with the Petit le Mans and the powerfull north american LMP2 teams.
Old 14 Sep 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2759299)   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
You know there is and has been a thread dedicated to the entrants at Petit and the whats-and-why fors of those entrants. Rather than making this one huge before race day.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124164

L.P.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2760066)   #21
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really to do with Petit but thought id post that Jeroen Bleekemolen became a father today.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2760107)   #22
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Way to go MotorsTV...

They'll have the review of day 2 of the French WRC round at the middle of the race

http://www.motorstv.com/sites/defaul...2_20101008.pdf

Old 15 Sep 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2760110)   #23
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a real shame that anyone would run Silverstone and Zhuhai but skip PLM. Does anyone know what kind of travel packages if any are being offered to teams for trips to either? Without some major fiscal incentive I cannot imagine why a gentleman driver would want to go race on a boring track in not exactly motorsports mad China when they could go to an amazing party and race at a track as exciting as Road Atlanta for a slightly longer event.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2760112)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Aww man ..... what in the **** is going on with all these TV shows ..... a review !!!

Maybe they might have the adventures of Noddy & Bigears at the races or how about the world curling review !!!
Old 16 Sep 2010, 06:16 (Ref:2760177)   #25
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Aww man ..... what in the **** is going on with all these TV shows ..... a review !!!

Maybe they might have the adventures of Noddy & Bigears at the races or how about the world curling review !!!
Maybe it is in their contract? - still the coverage is far better than what we have been seeing on Eurosport