Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Oct 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2770053)   #551
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Great post. A largely unsung hero at Flying Lizards is Thomas Blam, their strategist. He knows what is going on, how the drivers can respond, and keeps them in the best possible position.

That is a very well organized and well run team.

roberto
There were a few comments as to which team had the best pit stops this year: Corvette and BMW were mentioned, and they are both great and maybe the best. However, I agree with you that Flying Lizards had great strategy and also great pit stops. It seems like there were many races this year where they didn't have the fastest car but through excellent strategy and brilliant pit work emerged from a yellow flag pit stop in first place and once that Porsche is ahead of you, it is hard to pass.

A few observations on the race: Nice to see the EMS Ferrari get on the podium, seems they finally got a handle on the car and can expect good results for next year. It was nice to see Peugeot and Corvette win their respective classes. Also, a big congratulations to RLM on winning both Team and Manufacturer (for BMW) Championships. A very professional organization aptly lead by Mr. Rahal.

DK
Old 6 Oct 2010, 07:29 (Ref:2770117)   #552
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
Does anyone have an estimate on how many people attended? During the pre-race walkabout on the front stretch it seemed like a big crowd. From T12 it looked like the entire straight was completely full.
keke
Quotes I've seen suggest 124,000 over the course of the event, up 11,000 on last year. It was certainly busy when I went to the bookstall for my prize on a golf kart, we were stop/start the whole way and cars were EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Old 6 Oct 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2770307)   #553
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
A few observations on the race: Nice to see the EMS Ferrari get on the podium, seems they finally got a handle on the car and can expect good results for next year. It was nice to see Peugeot and Corvette win their respective classes. Also, a big congratulations to RLM on winning both Team and Manufacturer (for BMW) Championships. A very professional organization aptly lead by Mr. Rahal.

DK
I went to HS with Guy Cosmo, cool to see where life has taken him. So we he a pleasant surprise with that team? Based on the lineups at the beginning of the year, I got the impression he wasn't projected to be the speediest guy of the foursome. Hopefully next year he's in the 'fast' car.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2770358)   #554
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
I went to HS with Guy Cosmo, cool to see where life has taken him. So we he a pleasant surprise with that team? Based on the lineups at the beginning of the year, I got the impression he wasn't projected to be the speediest guy of the foursome. Hopefully next year he's in the 'fast' car.
Guy is a driving instructor teamed with the team sponsor/Patron, Ed Brown. They are selling one of the cars off and keeping the other for Ed to hone his racecraft in the 430 while waiting to get the 458s ready/completed for Sebring.

L.P.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2770590)   #555
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just handed in later what happened to Dindo Capello. His helmet nightmare specified by himself:

"... At first I didn’t have a clue as to what was happening. I had the feeling that the helmet was suddenly three sizes larger than before. We later found out that the E-Ject insert in the helmet had come loose. I was even lucky not to have had an accident since I was completely blind in one turn because the helmet slipped across my eyes..."

Old 7 Oct 2010, 01:09 (Ref:2770613)   #556
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
Just handed in later what happened to Dindo Capello. His helmet nightmare specified by himself:

"... At first I didn’t have a clue as to what was happening. I had the feeling that the helmet was suddenly three sizes larger than before. We later found out that the E-Ject insert in the helmet had come loose. I was even lucky not to have had an accident since I was completely blind in one turn because the helmet slipped across my eyes..."

Wow, that sounds scary.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 01:11 (Ref:2770615)   #557
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
"... We later found out that the E-Ject insert in the helmet had come loose. I was even lucky not to have had an accident since I was completely blind in one turn because the helmet slipped across my eyes..."

Old 7 Oct 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2770631)   #558
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crazy, much worse than even a slipping balaclava. That thing must have been moving around a ton under high g-loads. Terrifying I'm sure!
Old 7 Oct 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2770821)   #559
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry,what is e-ject insert?
Old 7 Oct 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2770824)   #560
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manthey View Post
sorry,what is e-ject insert?
Try this

Eject Helmet Removal System
Old 7 Oct 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2770832)   #561
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A new one on me too - thanks Steve.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2770837)   #562
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A new one on me too - thanks Steve.
It's been around for 4-5 years now, mainly in American circles. It's to ease the removal of the helmet without having the neck moved or stretch, which might increase an injury. It's mandatory in ALMS and other classes of racing to have it fitted. Look it up on Youtube to see how it should work.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2770892)   #563
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like Oli Gavin dropped the trophy for PLM!
http://fb.me/z8H8b8Mt
Old 8 Oct 2010, 00:16 (Ref:2771140)   #564
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are a few vids I took at the track this weekend!

Turn 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb0lO5y6hic

Coming out of Turn 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb0lO5y6hic

The Esses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yks303qfYfs

Make sure you watch them on 720P HD as the quality is MUCH better!
Old 8 Oct 2010, 00:20 (Ref:2771142)   #565
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Guy is a driving instructor teamed with the team sponsor/Patron, Ed Brown. They are selling one of the cars off and keeping the other for Ed to hone his racecraft in the 430 while waiting to get the 458s ready/completed for Sebring.

L.P.
It's great that Guy's relationship with Ed probably got him the ESM drive, but it's also a drag that being stuck partnering with Ed means he'll never have a shot to win races. It's especially disappointing as Guy is probably the quickest driver in the ESM stable.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2771392)   #566
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he was going extremely well early on in the race .. often in the low 20s

Ciao Marco
Old 10 Oct 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2772701)   #567
catmanlux
Rookie

Germany
Germany
catmanlux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Just read on Speed that ACS are out for the weekend. What a shame, I was looking forward to seeing what they could achieve (yes I know its a debut).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saarbur...7624977029201/

Last edited by catmanlux; 10 Oct 2010 at 18:00.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2772705)   #568
catmanlux
Rookie

Germany
Germany
catmanlux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Dindo Capello went of in the last 5 mins of the last practice session at turn 2; the Audi has some front end damage and it's being loaded on to a flat bed right now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/saarbur...7624977029201/
Old 11 Oct 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2772978)   #569
Mockenrue
Racer

United Kingdom
Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK
Mockenrue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Footage of this here, courtesy of Mulsanne's Corner:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/AudiR...LM2010-BJ1.mp4
Old 15 Oct 2010, 08:03 (Ref:2775253)   #570
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by catmanlux View Post
Hmm....looks alot like a Matech Ford with the paint job. To bad we didn't get to see more of it.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2776255)   #571
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
thanks,new for me