Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Sep 2010, 06:02 (Ref:2765247)   #76
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Marshall Pruett has posted over 100 images from the weekend test, here... http://photos.speedtv.com/gallery/1285555148038

very useful for the Spotter Guides, some late changes!!!
Old 27 Sep 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2765362)   #77
simontibbett
Rookie

United States
GA
simontibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice, I was at the test all weekend.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2765397)   #78
Lola T70
Racer

Lola T70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
Nice, I was at the test all weekend.

And......any stories? Was the Audi crash a big one? Did the Porsche Hybrid look good? Who was fast?
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:03 (Ref:2765430)   #79
simontibbett
Rookie

United States
GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola T70 View Post
And......any stories? Was the Audi crash a big one? Did the Porsche Hybrid look good? Who was fast?
The Hybrid is awesome, it's visibly quicker than the GT Porsches.
The Audi crash was more of a rough off, he didn't hit anything, he hit a rut though which destroyed the body work and not sure what else.

There was no T&S so I'm not sure who was fastest, the Ferrari GT cars looked fast, Peugeot didn't come out at all but didn't last year either, the new Panoz didn't come out.

Everyone made it cleanly through the weekend, there were incidents but nothing that wasn't repaired or can't be prepared before Weds.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2765445)   #80
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For facebook users, Road Atlanta's FB page has some pics up from the test.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/RoadAtlanta?ref=ts
Old 27 Sep 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2765499)   #81
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Now that is surprising, considering it was substantially slower than the "normal" GT3R around the Nurburgring during the 24H race.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2765527)   #82
nissangtrfan
Rookie

United States
30 Miles from Road Atlanta
nissangtrfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Audi crash was more of a rough off, he didn't hit anything, he hit a rut though which destroyed the body work and not sure what else.

There was no T&S so I'm not sure who was fastest, the Ferrari GT cars looked fast, Peugeot didn't come out at all but didn't last year either, the new Panoz didn't come out.

Everyone made it cleanly through the weekend, there were incidents but nothing that wasn't repaired or can't be prepared before Weds.
Has Libra picked up the pace at all? Also, is the panoz even at the track?
Old 27 Sep 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2765548)   #83
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The split pit lane system is going to be in effect again for Petit. LMP cars get first crack at the pits, and then GT cars.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2765561)   #84
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissangtrfan View Post
Has Libra picked up the pace at all? Also, is the panoz even at the track?
The new Radical is a good looking car. I don't know the times it was running before it had to be flat towed in. I would say the panoz will not be at the track till Tuesday at the earliest. According to Murphy, it may just be a static display and not run.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2765580)   #85
simontibbett
Rookie

United States
GA
I didn't see the Panoz, if it's coming to race, it should arrive today at the latest.

The new Radical is a good looking car, but the very few laps it did were very slow, as in white flag slow, either breaking in parts or leaning the track I'm not sure but he never came back out.

As for the hybrid GT3, coming out of say 5 going up hill the hybrid looked like it had more pull, lap time wise like I said I have no idea.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2765612)   #86
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you would think the hybrid would be quicker, they basically have awd pulling them up hills and through turns.

The advantage going up through 5 and coming out of 10b must be huge.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2765631)   #87
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Plus there's three major braking areas on the track, and at least according to a test of the car by Autocar (?) the KERS is recharged fully in a single heavy braking zone. So there's enough electric boost to go around for where it's actually needed. Also, the hybrid system has to give at least 5-6 more laps of fuel range compared to the other GT2 runners, on the Nordschleife it was the only front-running car to run 10 laps on a tank of fuel.

Revised prediction: GT3-R hybrid will finish ahead of all but 2 or 3 GT2 cars.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2765638)   #88
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Has the ASC Ford GT shown up yet? Have not seen any picts or read anything about it yet. I know they were doing night testing at Buttonwillow Raceway a few weeks ago.

Cheers
Old 27 Sep 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2765729)   #89
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Has the ASC Ford GT shown up yet? Have not seen any picts or read anything about it yet.
The ASC transporter was in line at the entrance when I left @ 4:00 PM yesterday.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 23:28 (Ref:2765813)   #90
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The ASC transporter was in line at the entrance when I left @ 4:00 PM yesterday.
+ will be on the Spotter Guide when its released around middnight EST
Old 28 Sep 2010, 01:39 (Ref:2765832)   #91
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Andy, was hoping it would be up before Wed night so i could get it laminated before I leave for the track Thurs, unless i can get one at track to support your work.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 02:47 (Ref:2765840)   #92
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 2nd thanks for what is always excellent work. I am leaving Wed morning and your work is as essential as a hat and rain jacket. And, it looks as though I will not need the rain jacket this year.
Pugs Prevail!
Old 28 Sep 2010, 05:50 (Ref:2765858)   #93
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Here it is,,,, Version 1 (as I know there will be more) of the Petit Le Mans Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths, Radio Le Mans, ALMS and others.

One of the first chances to see the ACS Ford GT and the Panoz Abruzzi. As there are 45 entries, I've increased the resolution, but that means its a 5Mb file, so wait for it to load before printing!

You can download at www.spotterguides.com I will probably update the guide late Thursday once I'm at the circuit and seen most of the cars.

Virtually every team has helped with the guide this year, to a special thanks to them.

Polite request, please do not steal the art. It does and has caused issues with more than one contact this year. The teams are very helpful.

Thanks for everyone's support
Old 28 Sep 2010, 06:18 (Ref:2765861)   #94
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Andy! The guide looks fantastic!

Good god the Panoz is just horrible though! Love the livery, but the car is just heinous.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 06:45 (Ref:2765865)   #95
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACS livery is a bit of a letdown, I was expecting something similar to their dayglo Mustangs.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 06:49 (Ref:2765867)   #96
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Panoz - yeah, and that was taken from a good side view, so its pretty close. I did have to double check scale LOL! Ironically, I designed that livery back in 97 for DPR Racing.

ACS -that was hot off the press this a/noon. The only ones which are a bit artistic licence currently are Intersport, as I was only advised the basic colours and differences between the LMPC cars.

You'll also notice the Miller/Orbit Porsche GTC has a new livery this weekend. Old Grand-Am style chassis now.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2766107)   #97
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
+ will be on the Spotter Guide when its released around middnight EST
Cool, Thank you

Cheers
Old 28 Sep 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2766160)   #98
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anybody know if there will be a live stream up?
Old 28 Sep 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2766162)   #99
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
does anybody know if there will be a live stream up?
It will be covered live on Motors TV in the U.K. and Europe with about a 1 hr void in the middle of the race. So I would imagine there will be one from the usual sources of such things.

L.P.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2766236)   #100
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
re streaming....

Speed will have qualifying online. Race will be on TV channel, but you can get an online pass I believe.

Update to Spotter Guide..... Harri Toivonen and Peter Dempsey in the Libra Racing P2