Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 5 Apr 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1271005)   #26
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well we all know the GP is a rip off so we perhaps shouldn't use their prices as a comparison. I was just hoping for better value from the new series given it is brand new and has no credentials to justify such a high price. And I don't think a huge amount of the support bill, either, to be honest. The GT race is an invitational event, I believe, and you can see club racing like FPA or FF1600 for a tenner if you so desire. TGP is good but I've seen it half a dozen times now so is no biggy for me.

Don't let me detract from what will hopefully be a great day for you, but I'll be saving my pennies unless I can blag another freebie ticket...
Old 5 Apr 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1271013)   #27
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Well we all know the GP is a rip off so we perhaps shouldn't use their prices as a comparison.
Agreed, but they tend to sell a lot of tickets.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1271019)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
I understand this is in hand,and they WILL be using the GP circuit.
Which would explain the price. The GP circuit can be used for a limited number of days a year and it is in demand. They need to make it pay - which is why very few race meetings are on the GP circuit!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1271237)   #29
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC
However, I fail to share the vision of justifying ticket price of £39 for a race weekend though, this is quite a lot compared to other popular series.
Don't forget Champ Cars at Brands (Indy!) were £40 for raceday alone... and that race wasn't exactly the most exciting one ever.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 07:19 (Ref:1271501)   #30
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Compare three days entertainment for £39 against 90 minutes for a footie match costing ? and I think this represents excellent value!

We have to accept that not everyone will agree with the ticket price and that some will feel it good value while others won't, that's life!

Last edited by Stephen Green; 6 Apr 2005 at 08:31.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1271870)   #31
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the a1gp event is included in the season pass and thats from jonathan palmer himself, which makes it excellent value! 125 pounds for 4 two day btcc events and the a1gp as well as loads of club racing events, amazing!
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:57 (Ref:1271907)   #32
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I agree, thats fabulous value for money and any serious racegoer has to give this very serious consideration.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 18:24 (Ref:1271935)   #33
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
I agree, thats fabulous value for money and any serious racegoer has to give this very serious consideration.
Would £78 also be fabulous value for money ?

That's what Palmer is demanding for my son and myself
Old 6 Apr 2005, 18:29 (Ref:1271937)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The answer to that depends on your response to the question "Do you want to go?"

If you do then that's the price so pay it and stop moaning.

Harsh or firm but fair? I'm undecided. )
Old 6 Apr 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1271939)   #35
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
brands - SG was referring to the season pass. Which is good value, even if you have to get one for your son as well.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1271955)   #36
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Firm but fair - vote with you feet if you don't like the costs
Old 7 Apr 2005, 07:01 (Ref:1272271)   #37
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Ian...

I do feel that a season pass is probably the best value if you wish to go racing regularly. Not only does it cover the BTCC meetings and A1GP but the myrriad of clubbies that provide excellent racing for the spectator. If I had to pay for tickets then I would certainly go for the season ticket.