Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Dec 2011, 23:15 (Ref:2998220)   #226
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
looks like the "other" fans woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning

old car

$79,990
To be fair, that car is the most expensive of the 'old' NZV8's on Trade Me, probably because it's an ex championship winning car and has a bit of pedigree being owned by Mr McIntyre, if you really want to get a cheaper one to run for a season then strip down then there is other options for under half the price:

$35000 NZV8
Old 11 Dec 2011, 00:22 (Ref:2998231)   #227
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well one is front running car.. while the other raced 3 NZV8 rounds in 08 and ??
Old 11 Dec 2011, 05:39 (Ref:2998281)   #228
GizzFan
Rookie

GizzFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Inky Tulloch is racing in Australia? err again? like he hasn't raced there before? and that's news? lol

so GizzFan..why all the personally attacks at Inky? why has he got you all upset?
I just watched the Ruapuna round of the NZV8's, and have to say it just sad to see virtually no spectators, and I mean that sincerely. I am not having a go at Inky I just want to say again, whether you like it or not, Inky is the boss of the NZV8 brigade these days and where was the boss? racing in Australia!! good look nah dont think so.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 06:00 (Ref:2998285)   #229
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hmm new engines for next year...

LS3

Coyote
Old 11 Dec 2011, 06:20 (Ref:2998287)   #230
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
gearbox... TT Industries 6 speed
Old 11 Dec 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2998500)   #231
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hopefully we'll see an improvement with the Toyota Racing Series rejoining the party for the Teretonga round

so Mitch Evans returns.. along with Jono Lester.. Ferrari Driver Academy's Raffaele Marciello, European Formula Renault frontrunner Jordan King and Malaysian driver Melvin Moh. who else is racing in TRS this season?
Old 11 Dec 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2998502)   #232
GizzFan
Rookie

GizzFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you have to joking right? two levers? what is this gearbox designed for offroad racing i bet!
Old 11 Dec 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2998509)   #233
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
nah it's out of a 06 corvette. the ones going into the Falcons will be painted blue and have a cheesy Ford stick slapped on them
Old 11 Dec 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2998523)   #234
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im guessing the 2nd lever is for fast engaging neutral or reverse
Old 11 Dec 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2998561)   #235
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
either that or 4wd

Bargwanna is meant to be testing the new MRX car today.. fitted with the TT 6 speed. should be interesting hearing his thoughts on the new box.. compared to the V8SC Holinger.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2998564)   #236
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
RECORD INTERNATIONAL TRS ENTRY

Old 11 Dec 2011, 22:27 (Ref:2998565)   #237
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well I can hear someone doing some hot laps. Sounds pretty nice
Old 12 Dec 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2998592)   #238
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What is it with the media? Last night on TV3 news, they had a photo of a V8Supercar for the NZV8 report, and the Herald online has the caption "Motorsport: Fogg signals this could be his big year" showing last years car.

Hopeless!
Old 12 Dec 2011, 02:10 (Ref:2998617)   #239
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
umm what's new? local motorsport isn't big in the eyes of the mainstream media in this country. which is why it makes no sense to have the current situation we currently have *shrugs*

oh well
Old 12 Dec 2011, 02:11 (Ref:2998618)   #240
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Well I can hear someone doing some hot laps. Sounds pretty nice
did you count the gear changes?
Old 12 Dec 2011, 02:42 (Ref:2998625)   #241
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Priceless
Old 12 Dec 2011, 04:38 (Ref:2998636)   #242
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
hopefully we'll see an improvement with the Toyota Racing Series rejoining the party for the Teretonga round

so Mitch Evans returns.. along with Jono Lester.. Ferrari Driver Academy's Raffaele Marciello, European Formula Renault frontrunner Jordan King and Malaysian driver Melvin Moh. who else is racing in TRS this season?
Check out TRS website www.toyotaracing.co.nz;
20x car entry confirmed for series with 15 internationals from 12 x nations,
cars everywhere at wet manfeild today with Evans/lester/vlok/cassidy and Moh testing and vander drift and macneil shaking down most of the other cars.
Pretty impressive really.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2998648)   #243
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Perhaps this should be a new thread but I'll ask anyway. The PR on the new NZV8 says - Under the technical regulations for the class some components will be controlled while others will be free for competitors to source from their own suppliers. Doe anyone have a link for the regs?
Old 12 Dec 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2998661)   #244
Pseudonym
Rookie

Pseudonym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.motornews.co.nz/index.cfm?content_id=1080

Couple of laughs in that.

They going to take their 10 car feild and split it up into 3 seperate classes. I wonder who the unlucky one is that wont get a podium in a NZ Championship!

Hmm.. 5 litre quad cam vs. 6.2 litre pushrod engine. Brave for a class that has been criticised in the past for failing to get the parity right between a 5 litre holden pushrod engine and a 5 litre ford pushrod engine..but hey atleast its a Ford vs. Holden right! (Well HSV actually cos no Holden ever used the LS3!)
Old 12 Dec 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2998662)   #245
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Perhaps this should be a new thread but I'll ask anyway. The PR on the new NZV8 says - Under the technical regulations for the class some components will be controlled while others will be free for competitors to source from their own suppliers. Doe anyone have a link for the regs?
Championship Series Regulations

you might have to wait for it to be updated though
Old 12 Dec 2011, 07:58 (Ref:2998663)   #246
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
Check out TRS website www.toyotaracing.co.nz;
20x car entry confirmed for series with 15 internationals from 12 x nations,
cars everywhere at wet manfeild today with Evans/lester/vlok/cassidy and Moh testing and vander drift and macneil shaking down most of the other cars.
Pretty impressive really.
i bet it was!
Old 12 Dec 2011, 08:25 (Ref:2998666)   #247
Old_Bob
Rookie

New Zealand
Southland - ex N.I.B
Old_Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if you want to throw the blame at any 'brigade', I suggest you start with the financially motivated 'Series of Champions' owners AND drivers....
If they were 'true' champions, would they not have shown some regard to the motorsport loving public of New Zealand by showing up in their current cars to provide a more exciting spectacle for us all?
Most of their current spec cars are still in their possession and the dates do not conflict with the 'World Series' of Super Tourers' that only provides racing to the public in a limited portion of New Zealand....
To the other extreme, Inky has provided the finance to run his cars at every meeting for a number of years whether he has been behind the wheel or not. What right has anyone got to imply that he for-go the chance of cleaning up the Aussie 6hr championship to add one more face at Ruapuna? So get off his back....
Motorsport in NZ needs more Inkys - People that actually care for the sport....

MSNZ has done a lot of things wrong, but without them I wonder how many up & coming young drivers or non-elite classes would receive any TV coverage - and will someone let the media know that the support classes don't end with the Utes and little Suzuki's...
Old 12 Dec 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2998669)   #248
Pseudonym
Rookie

Pseudonym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bob View Post
I think if you want to throw the blame at any 'brigade', I suggest you start with the financially motivated 'Series of Champions' owners AND drivers....
If they were 'true' champions, would they not have shown some regard to the motorsport loving public of New Zealand by showing up in their current cars to provide a more exciting spectacle for us all?
Most of their current spec cars are still in their possession and the dates do not conflict with the 'World Series' of Super Tourers' that only provides racing to the public in a limited portion of New Zealand....
To the other extreme, Inky has provided the finance to run his cars at every meeting for a number of years whether he has been behind the wheel or not. What right has anyone got to imply that he for-go the chance of cleaning up the Aussie 6hr championship to add one more face at Ruapuna? So get off his back....

MSNZ has done a lot of things wrong, but without them I wonder how many up & coming young drivers or non-elite classes would receive any TV coverage - and will someone let the media know that the support classes don't end with the Utes and little Suzuki's...
So the current drivers and cars arent an exciting spectacle?
Trouble is old_bob, it costs the best part of $100-$200K to do a season in the NZV8's competitively, I know a lot of the drivers would like to be out there but unfortunately money doesnt grow on trees. A lot of the drivers that you are missing do not own the cars they drive, a lot are leased and/or have a backer providing the gear.
Excepting the lower half of the Sth island, the supertaxis will visit the same regions as the Teir 1 show, whats the issue? It is unfortunate that they wont be down to the deep south this year as they truly have some of the best fans in the country, tracks arent bad driving either but whos to say they wont be able to come down for 2013, esp. if teretonga get their pits upgraded.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 08:54 (Ref:2998670)   #249
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bob View Post

Well said that man.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2998671)   #250
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
i wouldn't take the dig at Inky to heart it was just GF trying to get a reaction