Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Nov 2002, 00:22 (Ref:423420)   #1
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton 10th Nov

Who's braving the cold Norfolk weather for this Sundays Winter Warmer? Does anyone know what's on as no list was sent out with the tickets. I shall be on the startline with Terry Jolly.

Steve B Formerly known as Snetman
Old 7 Nov 2002, 16:56 (Ref:423938)   #2
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there, as far as I know it's BRDC mini's, winter saloons, formula zetecs and at least 3 other championships The BRSCC website has all the info on it. Hope you have a good day.
Old 8 Nov 2002, 22:53 (Ref:424873)   #3
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 races, 4 lots of double headers for saloons,sports/GTs, Zetecs and other single seaters. Plus one race for Minis. Qualifying starts at 9 first race at 11.15, remembering the two minute silence at 11 A.M. Saloons, Zetecs and Minis all have good entries, should be some more sports cars probably global lights. Four 4wd cossies entered plus three Alfa 156 from BTCC production class, and some BMWs.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:24 (Ref:426374)   #4
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was very very wet and then due to numerous stoppages and tyre wall damage the light faded, the norfolk mist rolled in and the last 2 races were cancelled. Congratulations to Rod on winning the opening race, there was some good racing despite the awful conditions should be a good conclusion at Brands on Sunday.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 22:22 (Ref:426664)   #5
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Thanks Claire, especially after the practice "mistake" (quite hairy and not to be tried again!). Yes the weather was awful and the track seems to have acquired a drainage problem, particularly around Coram and up the startline straight (Senna Straight).Actually 3 races were cancelled, the second events for GTs,saloons and single seaters. Hopefully everyone will be repaired for Brands, us included. I guess the Ferrari driver is a bit sore today...
Old 11 Nov 2002, 22:57 (Ref:426696)   #6
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who said Straights are boring? Plenty of work on Senna Straight yesterday. Not just Rod's incident (thanks for mentioning us during your interview Rod), but a couple of Fiesta hit the barriers opposite the pit exit and two more hit the barrier at the start of the GT race. Glad the Fordies were well behaved despite the weather; a few rain masters in the making I think. Congrats to Sarah Munns who lives not too far from me on winning the Mini race and beating Peter Baldwin in the process.

Anyone know anything about the FFord driver Who came off ao the Revett during the secind race? Hope he was ok.

Steve B
Old 11 Nov 2002, 22:59 (Ref:426698)   #7
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Done Rod on winning and just getting your beast of a car round in the monsoon weather. Think the Ferrari driver maybe hurting in the wallet aswell!! First time I seen the underside of a ferrari! Think praise should be given to all drivers who endured the challenging conditions, especially a certain BMW 2002 driver who marshals! we wont mention his spin next time we see him...too much
Old 13 Nov 2002, 09:11 (Ref:427603)   #8
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
Thanks guys, glad you heard the "interview" which was spur of the moment by the commentator. I hope the points I spoke about made sense.The issue of declining marshal numbers has been dealt with elsewhere on this website but I just felt it worth explaining "on air" because many people (drivers included) don't fully realise what the problems are.