Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Mar 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3383301)   #1
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sebring 2014: who drove well (A not how pants TUSC is thread)

Sebring Thread closed now
So I add this here : a short driver-analysis of the PC-class on our pages:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=9164&Itemid=1

adds on to the data we had on the Daytona-Race:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...9016&Itemid=37
Old 23 Mar 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3383306)   #2
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful - no translation needed.
BTW - "Pants" ??
Old 23 Mar 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3383309)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pants - This is quite a new expression - I have no idea where it came from. Anyway, it is now quite trendy to say that something which is total crap is "pants". For instance you could say the last episode of a TV show was "total pants".
Old 23 Mar 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3383316)   #4
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Obviously a mod extracted this post from the USCR-Thread and put a new title on this - may make sense (the title indeed not for me, too)

But a translation may be useful - especially on the last section of the article where the changed tire-situation is mentioned and how this contributed to the level of driving in the class.

Short Version:
Harder tires compared to 2013 made the cars more difficult to drive, especially for the privateers, who are the targeted drivers for this class.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 15:53 (Ref:3383320)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, these types of analyses are great! Really good to see the spread of drivers lap times within a car.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3383321)   #6
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Pants - This is quite a new expression - I have no idea where it came from. Anyway, it is now quite trendy to say that something which is total crap is "pants". For instance you could say the last episode of a TV show was "total pants".
idiotic youths....
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 23 Mar 2014, 16:53 (Ref:3383333)   #7
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, these analyses are great! I'm really impressed with James Gue's performance.

Quote:
In regards to the term "pants", I don't think it's as trendy as you think. My 14yo sister has never heard of pants being used in that manner. Maybe it's a British, English, Great British thing? (can you guys please pick a name and stick to it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
idiotic youths....
In defense of today's youth, there have been some interesting terms used in the past.

Last edited by Salamus; 23 Mar 2014 at 17:01.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3383342)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, whatever.... On with the topic eh....?
Old 23 Mar 2014, 17:56 (Ref:3383350)   #9
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I particularly like about this graphic is the ease with which I can see scatter, in this case cluster density, just as important as fast and slow in this type racing.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3383352)   #10
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Yes, these analyses are great! I'm really impressed with James Gue's performance.

In defense of today's youth, there have been some interesting terms used in the past.
As far as AMs, or ringers David H-H was damned impressive too.

Would that be the past when we were the idiotic youth?
Old 23 Mar 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3383368)   #11
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DHH has been impressive for a couple of years now. The man deserves a P2 ride in North America imo. van der Zande was lightning quick also but he's a pro.

The only drivers that really disappointed were Mitchell, Bielefield, and Kearby (considering lap times and on-track tactics). I didn't get to watch the entire race so there may be others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
Would that be the past when we were the idiotic youth?
Precisely.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3383415)   #12
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought Michael Christensen did a good job solidifying his reputation in the Porsche GT.

Slapped it on class pole. Ok he slapped a Ferrari 458 too but he's certainly a talent. I'd hoped he'd get to Le Mans this year but I don't think there are any seats for him.

Also in the first two races of the year I've gone from having no idea who Sage Karam is to being a Sage Karam fan.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3383419)   #13
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And if it's very very under what you expected, you can say it's underpants.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3383421)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well, whatever.... On with the topic eh....?
Good plan.

I continue to be amazed how little people here want to talk about motorsport, racing drivers or racing cars. Still I'm enjoying it as I've been described as trendy and a youth, albeit idiotic. Presumably because I chose a light hearted alternative to swearing. Better than typing if you turn this into the usual rant you're banned.

Now for an on topic post.

Last edited by Adam43; 23 Mar 2014 at 21:05.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3383425)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There seems to be a correlation between those drivers that have a narrower spread and hose that are quickest. Not a perfect match, but it does seem to my eyes to be there, do the stats back that up.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3383427)   #16
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
There were a few people that I expect to be quick and some 'silvers' that are a reliable pair of hands, bit the following drivers stood pit for me:

Sage Karam: first two races he's been both quick and reliable, I didn't know much about him before but I've been impressed.

Ed Brown: safe and reliable. He may not be the quickest and I guess only did a stint or two at Sebring but holding it together well in a P2 and pitting in safe reliable stints. As ever.

Gustavo Yacaman: after being introduced to him last year, I am worried for the condition of Oak's car whenever he gets behind the wheel, but all credit to him he's put in some strong stints in both enduros this year and in difficult circumstances at Sebring kept the car in contention.

DHH: no more needs to be said. Racing's loss is programmings gain, but glad he now does a bit of both.

More to follow...
Old 23 Mar 2014, 23:38 (Ref:3383463)   #17
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
GT-Eins; I mean no disrespect for your language or your country. I am a fan of Porsches, BMWs (older, lighter ones), autobahns, and Nurburgring. I also like charts and graphs.

The very first time I clicked a link to your site, I was faced with a Sebring Qualifying chart (since removed) full of gross errors. A gross lack of detailed data from IMSA makes it difficult for me to verify the accuracy of your other info.

There were two responses counter to one of your previous conclusions. Without a translation, I have no insight into your data sources, background, experience, mindset or, dare I say, biases. So for now, I will take your info with a grain of salt. Good day to you.
Old 23 Mar 2014, 23:52 (Ref:3383464)   #18
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
The very first time I clicked a link to your site, I was faced with a Sebring Qualifying chart (since removed) full of gross errors. A gross lack of detailed data from IMSA makes it difficult for me to verify the accuracy of your other info.
Their qualifying chart had all the correct times, but for some reason most of the drivers/teams did not correspond to those times.

All of their data is from IMSA... http://imsatiming.com/Results/2014/T...g%2012%20Hour/
Old 24 Mar 2014, 00:17 (Ref:3383469)   #19
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will there be any analysis for GTLM?
Old 24 Mar 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3383492)   #20
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From what I saw David Brabham, Scott Dixon, Ryan Dalziel, and Klaus Graf all had excellent stints. Brabs pulled off an over-under on a DP and ended up passing two into T7; It was excellent. Klaus had quite a bit of oppo exiting T7 every lap he had under green which was very entertaining.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 04:06 (Ref:3383504)   #21
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
GT-Eins; I mean no disrespect for your language or your country. I am a fan of Porsches, BMWs (older, lighter ones), autobahns, and Nurburgring. I also like charts and graphs.

There were two responses counter to one of your previous conclusions. Without a translation, I have no insight into your data sources, background, experience, mindset or, dare I say, biases. So for now, I will take your info with a grain of salt. Good day to you.
The Sebring chart was indeed messed up as the mentioned lack of data from IMSA (it was by far better last year) made it hard for me to countercheck the data I received regarding qualifying in time.

Don´t want to blame someone other so we just messed up with the Excel table and the whole thing turned out to be incorrect for the P-class and was consequently eliminated - thanks for indicating this to me!

Source of data is imsatiming.com - especially the CSV-files from the races.

To create such datajournalistic approaches - in order to fulfill the ACO demands to the media 3 or 4 years ago - we are strongly dependent on the series providing adequate data sources. There are some who provide this perfectly (WEC, ADAC-GT) some less perfect (VLN/IMSA/SRO) and a lot who don´t - which is a shame because its a good way to discover talents.

As for the interpretation of the Graphs:
Yes pure speed is one thing - the Standard-deviation or "Cloud-density" (=consistency) is another which may be more important. If you check our race-stats of the WEC-runs 2013 you may discover examples of both type of drivers (more fast and more reliable) in the Audi squad. Speaking to Ralf Jüttner we heared to several occasions that "...the reliable one saved us this win". So there is a point.

As for 2014 :
we try to provide these this year for
WEC
NAEC
ADAC-GT
partly VLN
maybe BES (if the data-situation improves..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Yes - still working on it

Maybe a good occasion to set a link on the previous article about the P-class:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...9152&Itemid=31
Old 11 Apr 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3391045)   #22
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Finally here it is:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=9211&Itemid=1
Still some interesting data - before the next round in Long Beach kicks off
Old 11 Apr 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3391090)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
Finally here it is:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=9211&Itemid=1
Still some interesting data - before the next round in Long Beach kicks off
Interesting to see how the 3rd drivers did, especially in the Corvettes.