Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 10 Aug 2007, 20:05 (Ref:1985747)   #1
autoavia
Rookie

autoavia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian Curnow - Are you out there

I used to own a model shop based at Brands Hatch and around 1994 a BRSCC member called Ian Curnow ( I think he raced in a something like prodsaloons) left me some photos of a racing Mini so that I could get a quote to build a 1/18 model for him.
Unfortunately various events happened in my life which meant that I lost the business and pretty much everything else that I owned and what was left of the business and my worldly goods got packed away wherever friends were kind enough to loan me a little space.
I have recently come across the photos again packed in an envelope to send back to Ian Curnow with an address near Bury St Edmunds but I am reluctant to post them off to a 14 year old address.
I did contact the BRSCC but he is no longer a member so they can't pass the photos on.
If Ian reads this or anyone knows where to get in touch with him please would they contact me so that I can reunite the photos with their rightful owner. Thanks
Old 11 Aug 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1985952)   #2
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoavia
I used to own a model shop based at Brands Hatch and around 1994 a BRSCC member called Ian Curnow ( I think he raced in a something like prodsaloons) left me some photos of a racing Mini so that I could get a quote to build a 1/18 model for him.
Unfortunately various events happened in my life which meant that I lost the business and pretty much everything else that I owned and what was left of the business and my worldly goods got packed away wherever friends were kind enough to loan me a little space.
I have recently come across the photos again packed in an envelope to send back to Ian Curnow with an address near Bury St Edmunds but I am reluctant to post them off to a 14 year old address.
I did contact the BRSCC but he is no longer a member so they can't pass the photos on.
If Ian reads this or anyone knows where to get in touch with him please would they contact me so that I can reunite the photos with their rightful owner. Thanks
Try BT's online phonebook - you have his address. Providing he's not ex-d!!

Ian was racing in Super Road Saloons, and had a Mk3 Fiesta.

Rob
Old 11 Aug 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1986038)   #3
autoavia
Rookie

Just to thank racing 59 for his help.
I have been able to contact Ian and he should get his photos back in a few days provided Royal Mail do their bit.
Must admit the post was a bit of a long shot and as a very new member I am impressed that I got such a fast and positive response. Just goes to show how good the forum is.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 16:24 (Ref:1988564)   #4
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autoavia - Are you making models again? If so I'd be interested in having a few made. No worries if not and things have changed.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 17:26 (Ref:1988621)   #5
autoavia
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
Autoavia - Are you making models again? If so I'd be interested in having a few made. No worries if not and things have changed.
Although I am still in contact with my best modelmaker from the old days he doesn't build much at all anymore so unfortunately I can't help. The whole 1/43 market has changed over the past 10 years or so and with so many good diecasts about the interest in 1/43 kits has waned. As a result I stick to selling diecasts now but it is a very difficult market at the moment.
My employer decided to retire me on ill health grounds this week due to an injury from an accident at work so everything is a bit up in the air at present as I now have no job.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 08:38 (Ref:1989371)   #6
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the response and really sorry to here about your current situation, I hope it all resolves itself in the positive.

The reason for my asking is I've been trying to find model makers who will do some 1:43 one-offs of my late fathers cars for less than £200 a model and doing a limited edition run but am struggling to find at the moment. If you know of anyone who is interested in making some interesting models (Vauxhalls, Aston Martins, etc) then please let me know.

Cheers.
Old 17 Aug 2007, 10:14 (Ref:1990818)   #7
juliann
Rookie

juliann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
doh, just spotted this. Could have saved you a bit of bother as I'm next door, just 'West' of Ian !