Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: Was Jason's action in taking the place, wrong or right.
Wrong, in taking the place 104 83.87%
Right, in taking the place 20 16.13%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Apr 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3065698)   #401
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Just a message to member "Hyde" #382. Hope you didn't mind my jocular response to your post, which had serious content.

I've just noticed that this was your first post on the forum, and therefore you may have been taken aback. Sincere apologies. This is a really friendly forum, with good humour amidst the serious debate. I hope you enjoy your time with us.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3066982)   #402
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Thruxton, race 2. He pulls off a superb passing manoeuvre on Matt Jackson to take second. Credit where it's due.

Just wish we saw more of this side of him, and less of the other.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 14:23 (Ref:3066987)   #403
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Thruxton, race 2. He pulls off a superb passing manoeuvre on Matt Jackson to take second. Credit where it's due.

Just wish we saw more of this side of him, and less of the other.
Was about to post pretty much the same thing. He's a great personality out of the car and, 'on his day', a very good driver. Perhaps this is one of them although Race 3 to go.

Spare a thought for all the girls and boys in orange around the circuit - grim conditions but they all performed superbly. Well done!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3066994)   #404
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just heard Paul O'Neil refer to the fans at Thruxton as motorsport fans. Possibly they've been reading this thread.

Fair play to those spectators there today, winter racing is not much fun really.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3066995)   #405
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I just heard Paul O'Neil refer to the fans at Thruxton as motorsport fans. Possibly they've been reading this thread.

Fair play to those spectators there today, winter racing is not much fun really.
Anyone prepared to suffer conditions today is a true fan, the noisy fair weather clowns won't be anywhere near any circuit today!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3066996)   #406
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

murray walker said the same
Old 29 Apr 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3067072)   #407
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some very good driving today from all the BTCC guys. Nice clean racing shows that it can be done and exciting. Credit where credit's due (just to those that say I was constantly bashing the BTCC).
Old 29 Apr 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3067081)   #408
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would have allmost put my house on plato punting wrathall off on the last lap at the chicane but he didn't so fair play to jason plato . may be he has been reading a bit or all of this thread ! all in all a fab bit of racing from all , and 100 out of ten for all the marshals very well done chaps an chapesses .
Old 29 Apr 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3067086)   #409
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too expected Jason Plato to have Frank Wrathall off at the chicane on the last lap, so well done to JP for resisting the temptation.

I just wonder, though.... has someone had a quiet word in his shell-like?
Old 29 Apr 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3067088)   #410
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
I too expected Jason Plato to have Frank Wrathall off at the chicane on the last lap, so well done to JP for resisting the temptation.

Conspiracy theory!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3067115)   #411
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Weather that's the case or not, it was excellent driving from all. Great result for Frank. Was great to see Flash get back to winning ways after the shear disappointment of Brands and now just 4 points behind Plato.

Would just like to give a mention to the Porsche Carrera Cup and Ginetta GT Supercup guys and girls for superb second races today in the conditions. And not forgetting the Tango gang and the fans for braving out the rain and wind.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3067119)   #412
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsportaddict View Post
Weather that's the case or not, it was excellent driving from all. Great result for Frank. Was great to see Flash get back to winning ways after the shear disappointment of Brands and now just 4 points behind Plato.

Would just like to give a mention to the Porsche Carrera Cup and Ginetta GT Supercup guys and girls for superb second races today in the conditions. And not forgetting the Tango gang and the fans for braving out the rain and wind.
I was in utter amazement watching the Porsche race.....how on earth they kept it on the black stuff on slicks in the rain I will never know....astonishing!
Old 29 Apr 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3067173)   #413
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
I was in utter amazement watching the Porsche race.....how on earth they kept it on the black stuff on slicks in the rain I will never know....astonishing!
Like several drivers mentioned, Thruxton is an abrasive track, so that helped but that said, the car control shown in the Porsche race was top draw. 450bhp on slicks in that was possibly the most 'squeeky bum' time of the year.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3067199)   #414
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwoody View Post
i would have allmost put my house on plato punting wrathall off on the last lap at the chicane but he didn't so fair play to jason plato . may be he has been reading a bit or all of this thread ! all in all a fab bit of racing from all , and 100 out of ten for all the marshals very well done chaps an chapesses .
i was the same. what was it he was said it was along the lines it was better to keep the points he had than risk losing them all stretching for an extra place.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3067302)   #415
Tom Bee
Racer

United Kingdom
Knickerbrook
Tom Bee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I hope someone has had a word with him because he cant keep driving in the aggressive manner we have got use to with Plato. However he seemed to race fair (as did everyone else) and I enjoyed all the action this weekend including the support races.