Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1407782)   #1
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your take on Sept. 15th upcoming events

I feel it. We are at the peak of the silly season. Last weekend's pressures by Bernie on FW; BAR's offer turned down by FW, last week's announcement of NH's contract with BMW from 2007 onwards are all, IMO, confirmation that there is indeed some kind of deadline in the upcoming days. What is your take?

Personnally, I predict that by noon (GMT) on this Sept. 16th we shall be informed that:

1. FW has come to an agreement with BAR whereby JB will race for BAR in 2006 in consideration for the payment of an undisclosed amount of money;

2. FW has exercised its option over NH for, in turn, selling it to BMW in consideration for an undisclosed amount of money and the services of Nico Rosberg in 2006; and

3. BWM will announce that NH and JV will be racing for them in 2006;

4. Glen will start an apologetic thread on ten-tenth entitled: "Louis B., you were right, I was wrong"

(s) Louis B. live from the Rumour Mill.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1407783)   #2
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what I feel will happen, whether it'll happen on those dates is another story.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1407787)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If ever I am wrong (it may happen one day) I won't hesitate to admit as much - what are you thinking I'm going to be proven wrong on?

I'll give you a couple of predictions, just to stick my neck out:

1. If Williams don't get Button they will not let Heidfeld go.

2. Nico will get a test drive at most.

3. JV's situation will not be cleared-up until season's end...

4. ...by which time he still will not be beating Massa...

5. ...who (Massa) will get his ass kicked by Schumi next year.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1407796)   #4
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
If ever I am wrong (it may happen one day) I won't hesitate to admit as much - what are you thinking I'm going to be proven wrong on?
Your earlier posts about JV being out of f1 in 2006. I also like your point no 4. If you agree to take the number of WDC title points as (imperfect but clear) reference. I am prepared to double up on that (i.e. my take being that JV will end up in front of FM in the WDC ranking, yours being that FM will finish ahead).
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1407802)   #5
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I won't take Glen's bait as I'm pretty sure (not positive though) we are both watching and following the same F1. However, I think we will be very lucky to get just one of your 4 points clarified tomorrow.
As for Schumi in '06; I hope he doesn't hang it up at seasons end and we do indeed see him in a Ferrari next year. And I agree that Massa should be behind MS to begin '06 but that gap will shrink (and I suspect quite quickly).
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:49 (Ref:1407812)   #6
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
My intent with this thread is more to debate:

1) is indeed something imminent to happen in the BAR, Williams, BMW and other possible f1 matters anyone may think of?;

2) In the affirmative, what is it and when approximately?

My (friendly) bet(s) with Glen are just a side dish to spice things up a bit.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1407816)   #7
Kirk
Veteran

It will happen and as Ant said yesterday, ButtonGate II is holding it all up. I did hear that September 15th date mentioned but I would be amazed if all the pieces fell into place in one swoop. In light of William's sponsorship dilemna, they will eventually sell Button's services to BAR but not right away. With that, I can see them hanging onto Nick for next season.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 16:08 (Ref:1407821)   #8
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
It will happen and as Ant said yesterday, ButtonGate II is holding it all up. I did hear that September 15th date mentioned but I would be amazed if all the pieces fell into place in one swoop. In light of William's sponsorship dilemna, that they will eventually sell Button's services to BAR but not right away.
But then the problem is what do you do with Heidfeld's option which reportedly expires tomorrow? If you exercises it, you then potentially have three drivers under contract for 2006. You definitely do not want running the risk of BAR knowing that. This is why I think something is imminent but you and others may have a different view on that for reasons I am missing.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1407835)   #9
Kirk
Veteran

Oh, so that's where the 15th deadline is coming from. I had heard that date mentioned, but there's so much silly stuff going on, I couldn't place it. Perhaps it would be better to discuss this on the 16th then. ... rather than guess.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1407856)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Septmber the 16th - the day that Heidfeld suddenly rises again, all cured!
Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1407863)   #11
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
My intent with this thread is more to debate:

1) is indeed something imminent to happen in the BAR, Williams, BMW and other possible f1 matters anyone may think of?;

2) In the affirmative, what is it and when approximately?

My (friendly) bet(s) with Glen are just a side dish to spice things up a bit.
I figured the intent was a bit more of your subliminal conditioning of the forum..."JV WILL BE IN A BMW NEXT YEAR"...
Old 14 Sep 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1407881)   #12
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
I figured the intent was a bit more of your subliminal conditioning of the forum..."JV WILL BE IN A BMW NEXT YEAR"...
Keep eye contact with the eyes of this Smiley Joe and listen to the tone of my voice... Make yourself comfortable on your chair... Relax... Feel the tension of this hard working day leaving your body... Your eyelids are heavy... Your head is heavy... you're falling asleep....

Repeat after me: I love Jacques...; I will never bash him again anymore; He will be driving in f1 next year whether it be for BMW or Williams... Louis B. is my pal on 10/10th... I will be adding reputation points to his posts whenever I can... etc.

Good boy Joe, you may wake up now...

P.S I am indeed anxious about JV's future but, belive me or not, I am just looking forward seeing the silly season over.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1408137)   #13
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Keep eye contact with the eyes of this Smiley Joe and listen to the tone of my voice... Make yourself comfortable on your chair... Relax... Feel the tension of this hard working day leaving your body... Your eyelids are heavy... Your head is heavy... you're falling asleep....

Repeat after me: I love Jacques...; I will never bash him again anymore; He will be driving in f1 next year whether it be for BMW or Williams... Louis B. is my pal on 10/10th... I will be adding reputation points to his posts whenever I can... etc.

Good boy Joe, you may wake up now...

P.S I am indeed anxious about JV's future but, belive me or not, I am just looking forward seeing the silly season over.

But Louis...silly season is the most interesting part of the year! beats most of the races..funnily enough I am actually a qualified hypnotist...you are doing it all wrong mate!
Old 15 Sep 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1408285)   #14
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Let's hope it is all sorted out soon.

Question put to all posters -

If Schumi DOES retire, who will replace him??
Old 15 Sep 2005, 08:59 (Ref:1408311)   #15
Glen
Veteran

Kimi
Old 15 Sep 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1408379)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
Let's hope it is all sorted out soon.

Question put to all posters -

If Schumi DOES retire, who will replace him??
No one, he's irreplacable......isn't he?
Old 15 Sep 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1408397)   #17
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, there are reports on ITV-F1 that Nico Rosberg will be racing the last 2 races this season for Williams. I imagine that they could get him a lot cheaper than either Button or Heidfeld.

So perhaps BAR will pay off FW, who then sells the Heidfeld option to BMW. All that added into paying Rosberg a smaller salary than either JB or NH and Williams just may cover the loss of HP as title sponser and pay Cosworth for their V8's.

Whaddya think?
Old 15 Sep 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1408405)   #18
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
-
Old 15 Sep 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1408407)   #19
Skam85
Veteran

That would be a very lucrative deal for Williams...Rosberg would drive for next to zilch, and with the $30m+ FW will get for Jenson, and then perhaps $10m+ for Heidfeld Sir Frank would definitely come out ahead IMO.

As for who could replace Michael?

Kimi - Probably won't leave McLaren.

Alonso - this could work, with Flav sending Fernando to Ferrari, and using either Kovaleinen or Webber at Renault

Juan Pablo - doubtful. Don't think it could work.

Rossi - not in 2006, anyway!

Fisichella - possible. Flav could send Fisi to Ferrari, and put Webber/Kovaleinen alongside Alonso..

Trulli - contracted to Toyota, but IMO would be the better Italian to drive for Ferrari.

Ralf - do Ferrari still want a Schumacher ?? Ralf is expensive, but he can definitely drive.

DC - won't leave RBR I don't think, but if he did, he would win more races and would be a good guy for Massa.

Klien - for the future of Ferrari, the best choice I think. Go for it Jean Todt!!

Karthikeyen - this has been mentioned, and he is quicker than a few out there.

JV - do Ferrari want another Villeneuve? I'd love to see him there, but it is highly doubtful.

Albers - another star of the future, IMO, but I don't see him at Ferrari just yet.

Liuzzi - probably best suited to a year with a lower team I reckon.

Davidson - looks Midland bound, see Liuzzi.

Sato - I don't think so.

Button - who knows ?? This guy wants to drive for BAR, but as we all know, he is a fickle little boy.

Pizzonia - doubtful Ferrari has room for two Brazilians.

de la Rosa - this could just work you know. But I don't think it will happen unfortunately.

Verstappen - I just thought I'd throw this one in...

And what about their testers? Little or no chance for either I'm sorry.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1408436)   #20
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
do you think if williams take up their option on nick today that we'll hear about it today? and if they do and we do hear, will that really settle anything?
Old 15 Sep 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1408667)   #21
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO1SPECIAL
do you think if williams take up their option on nick today that we'll hear about it today? and if they do and we do hear, will that really settle anything?
It will somehow leak or someone will soon ask the question. If Williams take Nick it will not settle everything but this will at least put aside forever NH's pre-contract story with BAR and will reinforce BMW's and BAR's hope to either get JB or NH buying out one of them from Williams.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1408677)   #22
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
It will somehow leak or someone will soon ask the question. If Williams take Nick it will not settle everything but this will at least put aside forever NH's pre-contract story with BAR and will reinforce BMW's and BAR's hope to either get JB or NH buying out one of them from Williams.
yeah, tho it's not as if BAR need any encouragement.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1408725)   #23
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Still no confirmation of anything yet but, at least, I am not the only one seeing today as being a critical day in f1. The following quotation is from Grandprix.com (I must say that I like their editorials):

Nick Heidfeld and the folk from Munich

SNIP: Copyright see FAQ.

Williams is never going to be short of driving talent because it still has Antonio Pizzonia and Nico Rosberg on its books and could pick up one or two other very decent drivers if needs be.
So what will happen?

Logic suggests that Heidfeld will be off to Munich on a three-year deal.

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Sep 2005 at 07:13. Reason: Copyright, please do not copy and past entire articles. Mentioning the source is good. I've trimmed it, but could only guess which bits you really wanted in there. See FAQ.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1408969)   #24
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as I'm aware it makes no difference if Williams take up their option on Nick for 2006. If they get Button - or give Pizzonia the nod - they can merely sell that option/contract on to BMW should BMW wish to have Heidfeld on board next year.

As I understand, this appears to be the most likely scenario, as Williams will stand to make a motza from the Button payout, the Heidfeld payout and the BMW engine payout.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1409070)   #25
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The deal is done.

Nick Heidfeld is set to join BMW a year earlier than originally scheduled, with the team having concluded a three-year contract with the German driver to begin in 2006.

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen commented: "For us, a new era in Formula One will begin on 1 January 2006 when BMW takes over the team operated by Peter Sauber. We are very pleased that Nick will be with us in what will undoubtedly be a difficult initial phase.

from www.autosport.com