Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3066906)   #1
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
The 360 Endurance Festival 5th and 6th May At Snetterton 300

Hi all

I thought there was a thread in here but ....there isnt !

This is the third running of the best six hours of racing there is...at the HOME of Endurance racing in the UK.

From eight cars at first, we added eight last year to sixteen, we now have added over eight this year to 25 so far with entries still coming in!.

Last years wedding Breakfast Sprint to mark the Royal Wedding has been replaced with this years OXXXXXX BREAKFAST SPRINT RACE. a 45 min with one or two drivers for anything 21 years or older be it rep or Original. The Crosle boys are in this race and looking for a rematch from last year.

Also the HRDC are there to support the six hours. Four races for them, including the TC63's and the "Touring Greats" with packed grids its going to be electric!

We have booked better weather than this weekend and all we ask is for your support peeps. You have never let us down even when we only had eight, next weekend we have over two hundred competing cars....its come a long way.

Also those marshals attending we have a little something for you. Firstly dont forget the BBQ on the xxxxxx SATURDAY. There are two actually but I think they may merge into one big cooking feast. 360 Will be donating some Burgers and Buns and maybe the odd old Banger (but enough about me) and the competitors will be cooking the food, with guest appearances from ten tenths royalty including the Fat Clerk, JohnGee and their royal highnesses The King and Queen of TT....Prince Magnet and Queen EP. You are of course most welcome to come along, but also, we have just a little thing (and it really isnt much) to just say a big thank you for your continued support.

If you want to volunteer for this event Peter Rodwell is the man with our plan, he has the tickets becauswe I gave him them personally, If you want to contact him he will be delighted to put you down fo rthis great event or alternatively e mail us on marshals@360mrc.com and we will pass on the details.

Once again a big thank you to all the Marshals, motorsport could not and would not be if it were not for you guys.

Hopefully see you at the briefing all

Take Care
Claire

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 29 Apr 2012 at 13:46. Reason: Saturday, not Friday and the sprint race has been renamed. ;)
Old 29 Apr 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3066948)   #2
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
WHHHOOPPPPS

Sorry I said Friday, the BBQ is SATURDAY evening..(sorry)

Thanks Mr Falce for pointing out that I am as sharp as a marble
Old 29 Apr 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3066998)   #3
Clock watcher
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Clock watcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink 360 next weekend

I do hope the weather is better for you next weekend. I know Zoe is looking forward to it and is counting the days down.

Sounds like another good meeting and take care all of you.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3067000)   #4
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock watcher View Post
I do hope the weather is better for you next weekend. I know Zoe is looking forward to it and is counting the days down.

Sounds like another good meeting and take care all of you.
Arrr Bless ya hon ....x
Old 29 Apr 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3067146)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on folks you know it makes sense. See you all there.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 07:43 (Ref:3067276)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you're looking for something to do this weekend then COME ALONG. This is as close to an "official" Ten-Tenths race meeting as it gets! While EP and I won't be bringing "EvilCaravan" with us we should still be bringing the flagpole, so if you see the flag (or banner!) come and say hello!
Old 30 Apr 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3067295)   #7
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly I cant make this meeting this year. It was a great meeting last year. Friendly teams, lovely cars, great racing and the Evil One even bought me an ice lolly!

If you can get to Snet then i'm sure you'll have a great day.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 30 Apr 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3067321)   #8
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there on Sunday.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3067401)   #9
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I'm there for the weekend

Sorry Claire if this puts everyone off going!!!!!!!
Old 30 Apr 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3067618)   #10
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1 View Post
Sadly I cant make this meeting this year. It was a great meeting last year. Friendly teams, lovely cars, great racing and the Evil One even bought me an ice lolly!

If you can get to Snet then i'm sure you'll have a great day.
Not that is was ice lolly weather last year, but the race was great and the atmosphere brilliant, I even got a mention worldwide by Hindy on RLM for waving a yellow vigorously!
Sad I cant make this year either as lack of work has put me firmly on the back foot at present. Maybe next year eh?

Wish Claire and all at 360 the best of luck and a great weekend!
Old 3 May 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3068927)   #11
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know where marshals sign-on is for this weekend? This is my first time of actually working at Snetterton, and I haven't been able to find any info in the finals or from the web.
Old 3 May 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3068928)   #12
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottom of race control iirc Steve.
Old 4 May 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3069429)   #13
snetterton madness
Rookie

England
Norwich
snetterton madness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

yahoo pack lunch is made lets hope weather better than last week see u all there
Old 5 May 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3069972)   #14
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton 6 hours just got a mention on the FIA WEC live stream
Old 5 May 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3070005)   #15
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSheds View Post
Snetterton 6 hours just got a mention on the FIA WEC live stream
Ah cool, just need more orange bodies for Sunday. You know it's short when they were like "Right, you two, are you signed on and posted", "Nope", "Right, you've just solved my major problem!" and with that get handed a set of homework and a radio and pointed to "Bum Hole Out" (Turns out it was "Bomb Hole", but still!!!)
Old 6 May 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3070288)   #16
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Really pee'd off I couldnt be there, or anywhere for that matter, this weekend. The coverage on RLM is great and I hope Hindy and crew will continue their support in the coming years. Thanks to Evil Pumpkin for getting me a namecheck on the radio though! Made my sorry weekend a tad better. Ta very muchly
Old 6 May 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3070310)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hindy was immense. He came back from Spa just to be here today. Just one of a number of people who have put in an incredible effort to make it a great weekend. You know who you are.
Old 6 May 2012, 20:15 (Ref:3070356)   #18
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all in the orange army for looking after us today in the HRDC Touring Greats, as first driver I didn't get to wave thanks, and nobody gets to wave to anyone on the posts after Agostini!

Special thanks to the chaps on the infield at Brindle who pushed me out of harm's way after my qualifying ended early. The problem, was, ahem, fuel starvation, so I was able to join the race once that was diagnosed....

Hope the 6 hours was stimulating.
Old 6 May 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3070379)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Was nice to be out on the bombhole for Saturday showing our support for the event in a marshaling capacity, now means we can add Snet to our list of circuits.

Big Ten-Tenths thanks to all the marshals that made this event possible, sorry to hear that you didn't get a dip in the big bag of sweeties we'd left at sign-on for Sunday, our fault, they should have been marked!

For anyone that stayed on for the Saturday night BBQ, hope you enjoyed it, we raised a fair amount for charity from the donations bucket!

Hope to see you all again next year!
Old 6 May 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3070406)   #20
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Davenall View Post
Thanks to all in the orange army for looking after us today in the HRDC Touring Greats, as first driver I didn't get to wave thanks, and nobody gets to wave to anyone on the posts after Agostini!

Special thanks to the chaps on the infield at Brindle who pushed me out of harm's way after my qualifying ended early. The problem, was, ahem, fuel starvation, so I was able to join the race once that was diagnosed....

Hope the 6 hours was stimulating.
Thanks Andrew,
Just like to give a special mention to Stephen Miles, in your race, for giving me the chance to report my first "rolled and continued". More of a slide than a roll, but his recovery was remarkable. Shame the drivers door got damaged, which prevented him leaving the pits after a check up.
Well done to the Die hard Orange army for there hard work, due to low numbers. The 6 hours had some interesting battles within it, not least with some teams and their own cars. Full marks to the Mustang and the Clan teams for their persistance, though both, in the end, met the same fate.
Well done to Claire and John for all their hard work, the event will be massive one day. Can you please do something about the heating next time, it's May for goodness sake!
Old 6 May 2012, 23:00 (Ref:3070438)   #21
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
THANK YOU

Well its close to midnight and I am about to sleep for the first time in 72 hours, but before I do, I will make the first of im sure several posts to thank people, to you the women and men in orange

I could quote cliches in respect of not being able to do it without you,, it not being possible without you, but, you know that, we know that.

What I will say is that although we were down on number the meeting never suffered in any way shape or form because of it, you might of and I do apologise if we had to ask you to do that bit extra because of it, but I hope that you will share the same satisfaction that we have of knowing that you were part of something that is very special.

And those of you that did attend can do it for six hours....you have the badges to prove it!

Thanks again to all of you

Claire Smith and John Smith and the 360 Team
360 Motor Racing Club
Old 7 May 2012, 07:08 (Ref:3070502)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks from Tango 924

Just like to add our thanks to all of you for your perseverence in our lovely spring weather. Remember March? It was scorchio!

This was my 3rd 360 6hrs and god willing will be back again next year. It's a long haul from Attleborough but definitely worth the effort!

Thanks again, Guys and Gals. See you next year!
Old 7 May 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3070522)   #23
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it true that you are thinking of moving to Donington next year??
Old 7 May 2012, 09:13 (Ref:3070552)   #24
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure where you heard that, not for me to answer officially, but I would say not. Snett is ideal, or would be if they'd turn the heating up!!
Old 7 May 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3070558)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval2 View Post
Is it true that you are thinking of moving to Donington next year??

????????????????