Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Apr 2001, 04:50 (Ref:81392)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With all the hype surrounding JPM and Ralfie, we appear to have all forgotten something.

Michelin have really got their act together quickly. Considering the technology etc. in today's F1 tyres I think the progress to date is impressive.

Well done Mr Bibendum.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 06:00 (Ref:81398)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I actually posted twice somewhere that both Williams and Michelin have been sandbagging. Seems I was right.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 06:43 (Ref:81400)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I've been waiting for someone to mention the tyres. I don't think anyone (including me) thought they could lead or win 2 out of the first 4 GP's on merit. You have to think, if they are on the money so far, who is already talking to them for supply next year.

I'm guessing McLaren & BAR will be at the top og the list looking for an advantage over Ferrari & Jordan.

It's not over yet - The bridgies wont take this lying down

Last edited by Wrex; 17 Apr 2001 at 06:44.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 11:09 (Ref:81490)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oooh, now here's a thought.

What if the Michelins work even better with TC and the Team Willy TC is as good as it was in '92?
Old 17 Apr 2001, 13:13 (Ref:81555)   #5
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Peter, I hope your thoughts come true, because if this happens we will see a total domination from Sir frank's team.
Old 17 Apr 2001, 18:41 (Ref:81664)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh god, not again!! (*pained wail of despair*)
Old 17 Apr 2001, 19:59 (Ref:81691)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Well Williams domination will make a nice change from red and silver domination...
Old 17 Apr 2001, 20:10 (Ref:81696)   #8
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess someone at Michelin has been doing his homework.
I didn't think that they would win a race this fast, to be honest. No offense to Williams and/ or others.
I'm wondering since this will now be a 2 tire manufacturer war if other companies might jump in? I know Good Year has been out for only a short time but they might think that was a mistake.

Has anyone heard any rumors?
Old 18 Apr 2001, 02:14 (Ref:81816)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
In the 80's we had Goodyear, Pirelli and Michelin. The Pirellis were good at qualifying but I don't believe they ever won a race. Ferrari and Renault ran Michelin and they were reasonably successful. However Goodyear really were the most consistent and I think in that period Michelin only won one championship and the was 1979. I could be wrong so maybe my mates in the Historic Forum can help me out here.
Old 18 Apr 2001, 04:14 (Ref:81832)   #10
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murray and Martin brought up the subject of teams switching tyres, they were pretty certain it is going to happen, due to Michelins very impressive showing so far. I think they tested tire compounds over 20,000 km, in preparation for this season. It has paid off, and the point about Williams and their TC, combined with ever improving compounds, in the heat of summer, could mean a few wins for sure.