Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Apr 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3390607)   #326
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, comes from nearly 40 years of listening to the Ramones........
Is that what you call the wife and kids
Old 9 Apr 2014, 20:21 (Ref:3390637)   #327
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mmm, that too.......
Old 9 Apr 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3390641)   #328
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah, comes from nearly 40 years of listening to the Ramones........
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours at Le Mannnns, I wanna be sedated
Old 9 Apr 2014, 20:40 (Ref:3390644)   #329
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spot on Pascal!

Hey, Ho, Let's Go!!!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3390645)   #330
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
We have a strictly enforced rule in our group of campers that no sound system of any kind is permitted other than a personal one with your own earphones. Even then the sound level must be such that nobody but the wearer can hear it.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3392343)   #331
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not been back on since I asked the question, cheers for the advice Ayse, Tim, isynge etc.
Old 26 Apr 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3398544)   #332
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I actually did not think I would bring something new this year, as last year felt pretty comfortable all the way through.
But, seeing how I am always missing a "proper" chair when Marshalling, I have bought this:
http://www.korsholm.dk/dk/kinetic-rygsaeksstol.html (bought with a backrest)
And will also bring it to Le Mans, instead of my regular camping chair which I usually throw out when going home, and therefor will carry one less item with me around the circuit
Old 27 Apr 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3398926)   #333
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
That's a neat little contraption !
Old 27 Apr 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3398928)   #334
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be bringing our new car this year. A very nice and low black Alfa 156 Sportswagon with the lovely Busso V6.
Old 27 Apr 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3398937)   #335
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well not certain yet but the wife is currently talking about wanting the jag estate that weekend so i might have to take the saab convertible, which sounds nice but will take a lot of careful packing if i want to do the trip with the roof down, been many years since i did the main event in a soft top so lets hope the weather is nice
Old 27 Apr 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3398947)   #336
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
And holding your ground is not an option? What in the world could she have to do that week(end) that necessitates the use of the estate AND that is more important than Le Mans?
Old 27 Apr 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3398950)   #337
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well not certain yet but the wife is currently talking about wanting the jag estate that weekend so i might have to take the saab convertible, which sounds nice but will take a lot of careful packing if i want to do the trip with the roof down, been many years since i did the main event in a soft top so lets hope the weather is nice
Well I guess Ayse will guarantee that, so no problem there
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
And holding your ground is not an option? What in the world could she have to do that week(end) that necessitates the use of the estate AND that is more important than Le Mans?
I agree, we can't have more Jaags leave Le Mans, when we hope for them to come back
Old 27 Apr 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3398955)   #338
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Genuinely very happy to offer the Prius as an alternative mode of transport - which I appreciate isn't a soft top, but is tardis like in capacity.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3399071)   #339
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It's a toss up, a bright blue convertible saab offering wind in the hair motoring and diesel ecconomy or a petrol prius offering move space to take stuff, tough choice, Pass the sun screen, If a car makes you smile while driving it then costs and practicality are a secondary consideration, oh yes forgot that if i have an accident i would rather be in the saab and certainly not in what ever else hits me/or i hit.
Looks like you will have to suffer the charger Ian, just think of the damage that will do to the enviroment, and if the prius owners club find out they will recind your membership and declare you an evil enemy of the green movement.
Seriously looking forward to driving down in sunshine with the shades on and arm on the door now to pick the appropriate music, suggestions please
Old 28 Apr 2014, 11:42 (Ref:3399154)   #340
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
now to pick the appropriate music, suggestions please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf53Pg2AkdY
Old 28 Apr 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3399161)   #341
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's a toss up, a bright blue convertible saab offering wind in the hair motoring and diesel ecconomy or a petrol prius offering move space to take stuff, tough choice, Pass the sun screen, If a car makes you smile while driving it then costs and practicality are a secondary consideration, oh yes forgot that if i have an accident i would rather be in the saab and certainly not in what ever else hits me/or i hit.
Looks like you will have to suffer the charger Ian, just think of the damage that will do to the enviroment, and if the prius owners club find out they will recind your membership and declare you an evil enemy of the green movement.
Seriously looking forward to driving down in sunshine with the shades on and arm on the door now to pick the appropriate music, suggestions please
No disrespect to Ian, but if you pick a Prius over open top motoring then you leap frog Andrew and James straight to the top of the Namby Pamby league.

Come to think of it you should pick that over the Jag estate as well!
Old 28 Apr 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3399221)   #342
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
No disrespect to Ian, but if you pick a Prius over open top motoring then you leap frog Andrew and James straight to the top of the Namby Pamby league.

Come to think of it you should pick that over the Jag estate as well!
The problem with the Saab is that it is the wife's so it is only if she wants the estate that i get to use it, also the boot is big with the roof up but with it down the boot is a little cramped, you can put the roof down then squeeze things in but then you get a problem when you need to raise the roof for security if you have placed loads of expensive stuff on the back seat. But hey ho if i do get to take it i will get around that problem.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 14:26 (Ref:3399222)   #343
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
well not driving all night but that song is from my era and perfect for open top motoring
Old 28 Apr 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3399354)   #344
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
well not driving all night but that song is from my era and perfect for open top motoring
Well, your driving for Le Mans, so what else than:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8mWG6HlmU
Or:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqQaW14qeM
Just because of the name
Old 29 Apr 2014, 06:28 (Ref:3399508)   #345
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i can honestly say i have never heard of them before
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3399561)   #346
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My cheap airbed has sprung another terminal leak.

Any suggestions for comfortable sleeping mat/bed/etc solutions?

Therm-a-rest branded mats look fancy but are £££/$$$/€€€ so I am tempted to just get another airbed and consider them consumable items.
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3399563)   #347
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They never last long but at £7 from tesco, who cares
Old 29 Apr 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3399567)   #348
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well, your driving for Le Mans, so what else than:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8mWG6HlmU
Or:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqQaW14qeM
Just because of the name
I've seen 'Le Mans' before on Google searches, but as soon as you investigate, you're not tempted to learn any more.......
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3399577)   #349
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I've seen 'Le Mans' before on Google searches, but as soon as you investigate, you're not tempted to learn any more.......
You really don't want to no .
However I still want them to play at Le Mans, to get the headline:
"Le Mans at Le Mans in Le Mans!"
(band) (Venue) (Town)
Old 29 Apr 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3399581)   #350
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If that happens we might all get together and force you to watch/listen to them,