Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Which campsite will you be staying at for Le Mans this year?
Tertre Rouge 10 20.00%
Hunaudieres 0 0%
Expo 1 2.00%
Houx 9 18.00%
Houx Annexe 3 6.00%
Bleu Nord 2 4.00%
Bleu Sud 1 2.00%
Maison Blanche 7 14.00%
Karting 0 0%
Porsche Curves (Travel Destinations) 1 2.00%
Beausejour 1 2.00%
Dairon 0 0%
Pincenardiere 0 0%
I'm a local 2 4.00%
I'm a namby-pamby (hotel for me) 3 6.00%
Other Unnamed Campsite 7 14.00%
Marshals Campsite 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Apr 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3388807)   #126
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i like the line that "the use of a bicycle is strongly recommended"
Old 5 Apr 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3388976)   #127
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i like the line that "the use of a bicycle is strongly recommended"
Me and my mates like to watch the first part of the race in the woods from Mulsanne Corner towards Indianapolis. Slight problem, we like to be there early to beat the traffic and to claim a good spot in the shade to shelter ourselves from the blistering sun
This in itself is not a problem, but being at the 10/10s meeting at the same time is.
So I'm thinking about buying a foldable bike, so my mates can get to our coveted spot in time, while I'll be savouring all kinds of cheeses and beverages. And when the tasting is done, I can get on my bike to join them
Old 5 Apr 2014, 13:41 (Ref:3389000)   #128
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And burn off the extra calories gain from the meeting!
It doesn't get any better than that
Old 6 Apr 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3389178)   #129
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That is a good spot but wondered how you would get there on a bike, it must be about the furthest point from the circuit and you cant cut across country as no way to cross over the track
Old 6 Apr 2014, 07:25 (Ref:3389181)   #130
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Roll call up to 44 now but still well down on last year, several regulars still to indicate their arrangements so come on folks vote now
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3389227)   #131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Come on tonypowe and AllonFS! The 'NPs' are slipping here!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3389281)   #132
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That is a good spot but wondered how you would get there on a bike, it must be about the furthest point from the circuit and you cant cut across country as no way to cross over the track
Beausejour to Mulsanne, 9.6 km/6 miles. Meeting is a bit further, so I need at least an hour to get there. Seems feasible to me.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/previe...rce=newuser-ws
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3389687)   #133
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
Lol, no pocketbikes allowed? Don't believe that's going to happen

http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...-mans-2014.pdf
I was thinking the same. Not sure whether campsite security will actually police that.

I don't really have a problem with them but I'd be happy enough to see them canned. Just another bit of (to me) pointless excess you see in the campsites.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3389725)   #134
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think in the large campsites they can be a problem with people racing up and down in them, but where we are there is not really anywhere they can get up to speed
Old 8 Apr 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3390197)   #135
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
They were a menace last year in M-B... Drunks on motorised scooters is NEVER a good idea. Especially when the exhaust has largely fallen off, so you can't hear the Geordie with his "Terrabyte of illegally downloaded music" trying to kill what hearing I have left...
Old 8 Apr 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3390199)   #136
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I saw a drunk driver on a little motorbike loose some of his skin last year...
stupid but not as stupid as the guy who tried to jump over a campfire in his shorts and did not make it that far, landing in the middle of it.
Luckily for him me and my mate have some knowledge of first aid and could help him while waiting for the ambulance. He went to the hospital with a black leg and a heavily bandaged leg for the trip home...

too much alcohol can do strange things...
Old 9 Apr 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3390423)   #137
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And everyone knows that, but they still do it and then wonder why they did when they sober up - in agony......... No sympathy here.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 09:37 (Ref:3390464)   #138
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
and here....
Old 16 Apr 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3393113)   #139
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a site booked in Houx for my first Le Mans trip. I wanted to be central. Hope it's not too crazy there. I'll be ok but will have to bring some ear plugs and patience for the wife.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 05:47 (Ref:3393131)   #140
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It is a good site, and not to far from the action, if it is the houx numbered spots they have verfy good facilities and electric conections, if it is houx annex then prepare to party. You will have a great time what ever.
keep an eye on the forum for all the extra events and don't forget the meet on Saturday
Old 16 Apr 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3393167)   #141
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Houx has always been our favourite site but this year we are trying something new after hearing Simon speak about TR we decided to give it a try.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3393187)   #142
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HA has the reputation of being very loud, however last few years, partying!!! is like every other campsite. In fact I think Houx is now louder compared to HA. It is I think due to security visiting the sites and above all visitors seam to be older (and wiser) also numbered places help.. In the end it all comes to a little bit off luck who your neighbours are. Talk to them, you will be surprised.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:43 (Ref:3393376)   #143
skeeskirrt
Racer

United States
Boney Mountain
skeeskirrt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did pay up for a numbered spot in Houx, thinking that the facilities will be better

Agree - talking and meeting with the neighbors is best. I've had good luck and met cool people at other races I camped at.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3393394)   #144
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeskirrt View Post
I did pay up for a numbered spot in Houx, thinking that the facilities will be better

Agree - talking and meeting with the neighbors is best. I've had good luck and met cool people at other races I camped at.
We're in Houx Through Just Tickets, usually quite close to the entrance at the HA end of things.. If you're up that way feel free to drop by. I think there's 12 or 14 of us going this year, which contrasts to the 4 last year!!

Houx is mostly good. It's got electrical hookup and some are quite well organised and entertaining. There are, unfortunately 1 or 2 groups that seem determined to blast out their music and drink to overt excess, but typically they only do this once and then realise that they can't do this and watch the qualifying sessions and race..
Old 22 Apr 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3396789)   #145
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Come on people there are still several regulars who have not filled thie out yet and only 6 weeks to go
Old 22 Apr 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3396790)   #146
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, if you don't do it in the next 2 weeks, Simon will get the ACO to rescind your camping passes......
Old 22 Apr 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3396791)   #147
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Or Andrew will get your hotel places reallocated
Old 22 Apr 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3396796)   #148
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Darned right!
Old 23 Apr 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3397110)   #149
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Come on people there are still several regulars who have not filled thie out yet and only 6 weeks to go

'only 6 weeks to go'

What magical words!

I am bringing along a couple more newbies this year: 2 brothers-in-law. They have never been to a motor race... Quite the introduction.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3397111)   #150
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think we all filled it in, but then the votes got lost when it got changed (for some reason that I can't remember).

Re-voted

Can't wait!! Then again there is Spa before this..