Old 2 Dec 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2994535)   #1
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell 2011 - Thank You

To all those who marshalled at Cadwell Park in 2011:

Thank You for your help in 2011

Dear Colleague,

The Cadwell Park 2011 season drew to a close in early October and what a good season it was too. It opened with the new HSCC Wolds Trophy meeting over the Easter weekend, and closed with the short notice switch of the final 750MC championship meeting at the beginning of October. Both were cracking meetings and we are hoping that both may become permanent Cadwell fixtures.

I am writing to thank you for your invaluable assistance as a volunteer official at Cadwell this season. It is only because we had so many willing volunteers this year that we were able to assist the clubs in the smooth and efficient racing events that took place. Whether you were with us all season or just for one day, that help has been gratefully appreciated and I hope we made that clear at each and every meeting. New marshals have joined us for the first time, old friends have returned and new friends made the journey from all corners of the country to join us too.

Without Marshals trackside, in Assembly, on the Startline, in Race Control, manning the Rescue and Fire vehicles and the assistance of the Recovery teams these meeting simply would not have been able to take place so I cannot overstate the thanks of not only myself but also those of each and every Club that have held meetings with us this year.

This year I was especially impressed with the number who attended that final 750 meeting, over 120 each day, a record for allocations for me.

The 2012 season is not really that far away and one date that you can pencil into your diaries is the annual Cadwell Park Training Day which will hopefully be held on Sunday 22nd January 2012, all are welcome. When we have more details we shall be writing to you about it a little nearer the time. As for next year’s calendar – as soon as I know with reasonable certainty I shall be publishing those dates in the usual way and I hope that I can count on you marshalling with us again in 2012.

In the meantime, thank you once again, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours and I hope to see you at Cadwell Park again in 2012.

Yours sincerely,
David Owen
Old 2 Dec 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2994560)   #2
nate93
Racer

United Kingdom
Tattershall, Lincolnshire
nate93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Thanks to you David for your dedication and organisation.

And thanks to everyone at cadwell for the warm welcome in my first season!
Old 3 Dec 2011, 10:52 (Ref:2994757)   #3
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top chap that David Owen! It's a relatively small gesture both on here and through the post.....but it means a lot to us volunteers! And Cadwell remains the best circuit to really enjoy marshaling as it ought to be done.
Roll on 2012 and especially the date of the 750MC meeting. ( then I can finalise my calendar for next year, sad bloke that I am!).
Old 5 Dec 2011, 13:57 (Ref:2995532)   #4
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I managed to get one of my rare visits in to Cadwell this year (11 June - VSCC & 12 June - BARC) and as usual had a fantastic weekend. My son had his first marshalling trip to Cadwell that weekend as well. He'd seen some footage on Youtube of Cadwell and desparately wanted to marshal there. Top of the Mountain on the Sunday made his weekend.

Hope to get back over to Cadwell in 2012.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!