Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jan 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3190223)   #26
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
And a new camping chair. (the last one was stolen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Better not leave the new one outside the toilets at Tertre Rouge then. I heard the whole campsite is crawling with crooks and robbers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Seriously I have only heard of 1 thing going missing on TR itself in all the years i have camped there
Than this must be the second thing, because if memory serves me right, CTD's chair was actually stolen outside one of TR's loos.

But I hope you're right about TR's security, because that was one of the factors that made me come over there as I bring rather a lot of kit that I also intend on bringing back home
Old 17 Jan 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3190364)   #27
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Lists of essentials are inevitably also personal lists. Using public transport must mean a minimum amount of luggage; two spectators in a people carrier means you can take almost anything you need.

Personally, I have my own (lengthy) list - more because old age means the memory's going than for any other reason.

However, there are some items nobody can do without: EU health card, passport, corkscrew.....
Old 17 Jan 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3190390)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Vince don'y worfry I think it was a loo at TR corner rather than on the campsite, Unless you have a re entry ticket you are not allowed back in.
Old 17 Jan 2013, 09:41 (Ref:3190412)   #29
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Vince don'y worfry I think it was a loo at TR corner rather than on the campsite, Unless you have a re entry ticket you are not allowed back in.
It was . Outside the loo, outside TR.
Old 17 Jan 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3190487)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well you need to be more careful, next time ask someone to look after it for you but choose someone who looks honest
Old 17 Jan 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3190490)   #31
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well you need to be more careful, next time ask someone to look after it for you but choose someone who looks honest
There wasn't any, the only ones who where there didn't speak english. But it didn't matter. After it got stolen I walked back to my GS seat and spent almost the rest of the race there .
I've never put the blame on anyone but myself for loosing that chair.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3191306)   #32
Blue Rondeau
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, UK
Blue Rondeau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe back on core topic this year's big investment with Le Mans in mind is a wood fired USB charger.

http://biolitestove.com/campstove/ca...view/features/

Really hoping it works a lot better than last year's complete failure with a solar panel and what has, in the past, ended up with an awful lot of juggling stuff in the car to get a modicum of charging done. Also figure we might be able to amortise purchase price if we rent it out a little while it's being used for boiling the kettle...
Old 19 Jan 2013, 03:22 (Ref:3191333)   #33
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rondeau View Post
Maybe back on core topic this year's big investment with Le Mans in mind is a wood fired USB charger.

Really hoping it works a lot better than last year's complete failure with a solar panel and what has, in the past, ended up with an awful lot of juggling stuff in the car to get a modicum of charging done. Also figure we might be able to amortise purchase price if we rent it out a little while it's being used for boiling the kettle...
Other wise, I can recommend this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Emerge...item3f1d7ab245
It will charge your iPhone (4s) to almost 50% with 3G on by a pair of AA batteries!
Old 19 Jan 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3191410)   #34
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might take a punt on that battery charger. Not exactly a risk for that price.

Have to agree that solar charging isn't the way forward. Absolute gash the one I used in '11.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3191418)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I take Technet chargers for my iPhone. OK, I have the luxury of having a room to go back to, but I find these work very well.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3191477)   #36
Blue Rondeau
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, UK
Blue Rondeau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can definitely see the appeal of the AA chargers at that price point, still reckon my stove might be a touch better at boiling a kettle.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3191528)   #37
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Can definitely see the appeal of the AA chargers at that price point, still reckon my stove might be a touch better at boiling a kettle.
It doesn't hurt to have a backup
Old 26 Jan 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3194460)   #38
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, now I have time, I think I will buy a folding table for the next meeting.
Old 26 Jan 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3194549)   #39
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The new thing I will be bringing this year is my younger brother, for his first visit (my third).
Old 27 Jan 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3194833)   #40
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I was looking around a camping shop at lakeside yesterday while the wife was in a clothing shop and noticed that they now do small heaters that use the same aerosole type gas canisters that we use for the cooking stoves, not sure about how safe they are but there were several different ones and not expensive, anyone ever used one?
Old 27 Jan 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3194848)   #41
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was looking around a camping shop at lakeside yesterday while the wife was in a clothing shop and noticed that they now do small heaters that use the same aerosole type gas canisters that we use for the cooking stoves, not sure about how safe they are but there were several different ones and not expensive, anyone ever used one?
If you mean that kind of thing, yes it's very useful to boil water or reheat a cassoulet and it's rather small and not bulky at all. I bring it each year now.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3194851)   #42
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Lakeside?

On a Saturday?

The horror, the horror.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3194909)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
If you mean that kind of thing, yes it's very useful to boil water or reheat a cassoulet and it's rather small and not bulky at all. I bring it each year now.
No this is a small gas heater that uses the same gas as our modern flat stoves not the old burner types, However not sure about using them in even a large tent as there must be some exaust fumes and it must use the oxygen up.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3195013)   #44
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If you are talking about this:
http://www.vrijbuiter.nl/kampeerarti...ngaz-blue-cat/
I can tell by experience it works perfect. It kept me warm last 24 in my 4 person tent. Don't worry about CO2, you are in a tent, lots of air in and outside. It is now part of my permanent LM gear. Hopefully this year we don't need it.
Old 27 Jan 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3195035)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I take Technet chargers for my iPhone. OK, I have the luxury of having a room to go back to, but I find these work very well.
Thanks for the suggestion, I've only gone andport one, it is a decent piece of kit too.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3195147)   #46
HR186S
Rookie

Australia
Australia
HR186S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Is that Mr. Fusion's ancestor?
Old 28 Jan 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3195198)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
If you are talking about this:
http://www.vrijbuiter.nl/kampeerarti...ngaz-blue-cat/
I can tell by experience it works perfect. It kept me warm last 24 in my 4 person tent. Don't worry about CO2, you are in a tent, lots of air in and outside. It is now part of my permanent LM gear. Hopefully this year we don't need it.
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-...heater-p142458

Found it on line eventually, there are several different ones that all use the same canisters
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cartridg...-4-pak-p152342
Old 28 Jan 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3195250)   #48
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-...heater-p142458

Found it on line eventually, there are several different ones that all use the same canisters
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cartridg...-4-pak-p152342
These look even better, smaller. I now carry 2 types of cannes. Still wouldn't want to miss this in my gear.
Old 28 Jan 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3195373)   #49
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Heaters at Le Mans?... You guys are getting old
Old 29 Jan 2013, 01:10 (Ref:3195523)   #50
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have loved a heater in 2011. I wouldn't have caught a cold and had to endure the race weekend with clogged sinuses!