Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 May 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3408618)   #1001
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'll be at the race and then I'll have all year before the next to watch it on TV. I always record it and end up watching it around 4 times in its entirety. Only problem has been having to hear Scott Pruett's commentary. I can't stand that guy!
Old 21 May 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3408626)   #1002
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
Nothing beats beeing trackside whith this kind of racing : http://youtu.be/Y8JCh9WbnXk

And this is what I expect to see this year

And onboard views can still be replayed the week (s) after the race ...
I remember that unforgettable battle. That's why I want to watch Le Mans on Live TV for battles, onboards during race and so on.
Old 21 May 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3408674)   #1003
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Le mans should be experienced live at least once in your life, then you realize that actualy beeing there live beats a tv broadcast.
Old 21 May 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3408686)   #1004
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know for sure it's better experience than on TV (of course it is, everything is better live) and I do intend to head there at some point, however at the current stage of my life it's too much hassle.
Old 21 May 2014, 17:25 (Ref:3408751)   #1005
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys are forgetting about giant screens at the track! #bestofbothworlds!
Old 21 May 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3408752)   #1006
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And for live timing, if you don't have enough money for internets at the track, there's always the brainbox in the RLM commentary booth aka Trussers.
Old 21 May 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3408765)   #1007
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If people want to watch the race at home there's nothing wrong with that. Every fan of endurance racing can't attend Le Mans - it's not possible.

Everyone that's been knows that it tends to awaken something in you. I'd recommend it to anyone. At the end of the day they'll make their own decision to go if they have the desire, ability and the means.
Old 22 May 2014, 06:56 (Ref:3408882)   #1008
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
If people want to watch the race at home there's nothing wrong with that. Every fan of endurance racing can't attend Le Mans - it's not possible.

Everyone that's been knows that it tends to awaken something in you. I'd recommend it to anyone. At the end of the day they'll make their own decision to go if they have the desire, ability and the means.
Agreed with the first sentence.
Old 22 May 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3408893)   #1009
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely true. I consider myself exceptionally lucky that I'm able to go and have been for the last 28 years but obviously not everyone is as fortunate as me.
Old 22 May 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3408915)   #1010
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
indeed this year will be my 24th 24 hours race in a row, luckily I have never had a setback for not going but lots of things can happen, costs, health and distance are of great importance in going every year.
Old 22 May 2014, 09:49 (Ref:3408938)   #1011
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
This thread is killing me. I've had to give up on going for the first time this year to (irony incoming) fix my car. With Ramadan's prospective dates from 2015 onwards, I won't be able to make it until 2018/19.

Have fun on my behalf guys
Old 22 May 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3408955)   #1012
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
indeed this year will be my 24th 24 hours race in a row...
Same here, and I just can't imagine not going
Old 22 May 2014, 11:36 (Ref:3408958)   #1013
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
This thread is killing me. I've had to give up on going for the first time this year to (irony incoming) fix my car. With Ramadan's prospective dates from 2015 onwards, I won't be able to make it until 2018/19.

Have fun on my behalf guys
That's forever away. Pitch a small tent at home and listen to RLM for the weekend?
Old 22 May 2014, 19:27 (Ref:3409089)   #1014
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Couple of further entry list changes.

Leo Roussel replaces Romain Brandela at Pegasus - http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...morgan-nissan/

We'll see a fourth Ligier on the grid, with the #26 G-Drive entry being updated to the new car.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=30945

Along with the #35 car it will effectively be a two-car team known as 'G-Drive Racing by OAK Racing'. These are going to be VERY pretty in the flesh I think.

Old 22 May 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3409095)   #1015
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While their P1 effort might have sort of embarrasingly rumbled down like Lotuses, Oak is doing pretty good business with those coupes already. Congrats

Anyway these sort of changes are exactly the reason I fail to understand why ACO calls it "final entry list". It's not final until scrutineering has been done (I say done instead of starts as it's not final even then, as things like Epsilon Euskaldi 08 etc proved)
Old 22 May 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3409098)   #1016
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Couple of further entry list changes.

Leo Roussel replaces Romain Brandela at Pegasus - http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...morgan-nissan/
I think he replaces Raffin.
Old 22 May 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3409099)   #1017
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think he replaces Raffin.
Yeah he does Ayse. Getting my DKR boys from last year mixed up
Old 22 May 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3409101)   #1018
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And there you were getting my hopes up too!
Old 22 May 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3409153)   #1019
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Onroak Automotive's FB page has some images of the TDS, OAK Asia and main OAK Racing Ligier LMP2s testing at Magny-Cours.

TDS was in full color. OAK Asia was in bare carbon, and OAK Racing was in bare carbon with what appeared to be foil tape on various bits at the front of the car.
Old 22 May 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3409168)   #1020
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Here are some of the photos that chernaudi graciously introduced us to above...

Old 22 May 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3409169)   #1021
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
We'll see a fourth Ligier on the grid, with the #26 G-Drive entry being updated to the new car.
I don't believe this is right. The #26 is still a Morgan.

Here's the updated version on DSC... http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=30945
Old 22 May 2014, 23:11 (Ref:3409175)   #1022
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Based on that G-Drive livery render, it looks like there won't be a pink and black Oak car this year. Shame to lose one of the more distinctive liveries.
Old 23 May 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3409332)   #1023
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Yesterday's press release is a bit ambiguous on that:

Quote:
This year G-Drive Racing has chosen the technical and sporting backup supplied by OAK Racing by entering a Morgan-Nissan LM P2 for the FIA World Endurance Championship.

The no. 26 G-Drive Racing prototype driven by Julien Canal, Olivier Pla and Roman Rusinov has won in the first two rounds of the season and it will be in the Sarthe on Sunday 1st June for the Le Mans 24-Hours test day.

The team’s presence will be beefed up by the entry of a second car wearing the famous black and orange colours. G-Drive Racing will be present at Le Mans with two LM P2 prototypes, and has renewed its confidence in the constructor Onroak Automotive and the OAK Racing team by entering the new Ligier JS P2 also powered by a Nissan engine and shod with Dunlop tyres.

Thus OAK Racing has entered under the “G-Drive Racing by OAK Racing” banner the no. 35 Ligier JS P2-Nissan, which will be driven in the Sarthe by Alex Brundle and the two young winners of the Nissan GT Academy Jann Mardenborough and Mark Shulzhitskiy.
Old 23 May 2014, 11:11 (Ref:3409334)   #1024
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Okay I think DSC either reported it as two Ligiers (hence the correction) or I misread it.

Thought it was a bit strange they were still testing the old Morgan recently if they were running the new car. The closed cars look cool but I still like seeing the open-top protos in endurance racing for driver identification.
Old 23 May 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3409475)   #1025
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know it says 2014 entry list but, I am thrilled about the official announcement Nissan will compeed in LMP1 2015.