Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Feb 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3364122)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Poultry Great British Welcome at Saint Saturnin 2014

This year's theme is Porsche, not surprisingly, but very nice nonetheless!
Guest of honour is Jürgen Barth.
Will be there for sure!
http://www.classicbw.org/?ln=UK

Jürgen commentating on his own onboard lap in the Porsche 936 in 1977:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWeLuglJr9I
Old 4 Feb 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3364160)   #2
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for sharing, I will certainly visit it has a great atmosphere. Last year I left the site late and ended up in a big trafficjam getting out of the village. Is it better during the day?
Old 4 Feb 2014, 20:12 (Ref:3364163)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Always went every year and the rest of the group still do but in recent years it always seems to be a choice between the pit visit or this and you know which wins
Old 4 Feb 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3364165)   #4
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Thanks for sharing, I will certainly visit it has a great atmosphere. Last year I left the site late and ended up in a big trafficjam getting out of the village. Is it better during the day?
Never had trouble getting out during the day. Like GT6, I had to get back to the pits so always left quite early.
Old 4 Feb 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3364214)   #5
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Always went every year and the rest of the group still do but in recent years it always seems to be a choice between the pit visit or this and you know which wins
I managed to do both the last two years? OK, a bit stressy, but very feasible!
Old 8 Feb 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3365805)   #6
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year I started with the pitvisit, after that I went to the classic brittisch welcome, on my way back ended up in a traffic jam and arrived too late at the pistonheads meet near the circuit. I think 3 on one day is to much.
Old 8 Feb 2014, 22:39 (Ref:3365832)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Friday is indeed the busiest day of the week! For that reason I've not made it yet to the Pistonheads meet near the Beausejour rotunda.

Better planning needed!
Old 8 Feb 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3365840)   #8
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I managed to do both the last two years? OK, a bit stressy, but very feasible!
Not when i have the car
Old 8 Feb 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3365853)   #9
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Friday is indeed the busiest day of the week! For that reason I've not made it yet to the Pistonheads meet near the Beausejour rotunda.

Better planning needed!
I actually feel it's the contrary .
The Pit Visits and Pit walk is the only thing I schedule for Friday (I have never been to the parade), this gives me time to walk around and slowly absorb all the things I rush by the other days. Around 16-17 I take a nice long shower, find something to eat and hit the bed around 20-21 so I can get a lot of sleep before getting up at 09:00 Saturday morning

Might do the Parade in the city this year, but only if I feel I can do it without stress and confusion
Old 8 Feb 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3365878)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I actually feel it's the contrary .
The Pit Visits and Pit walk is the only thing I schedule for Friday (I have never been to the parade), this gives me time to walk around and slowly absorb all the things I rush by the other days. Around 16-17 I take a nice long shower, find something to eat and hit the bed around 20-21 so I can get a lot of sleep before getting up at 09:00 Saturday morning

Might do the Parade in the city this year, but only if I feel I can do it without stress and confusion
Interesting. For me Friday's the laid back day - the pit visit is great, but better if we can somehow make it coincide with some free time to visit something around the circuit and then have a good long dinner and relax into the long evening. It's not usually an early night for us, but nevertheless part of the trip.

Travelling into the town during race week is very much something I'm keen to do. Not in any way down to any interest in the drivers parade, but more recognising that it could potentially be quite a lot of fun.

I suppose all this bit of discussion really does is reinforce the point that Le Mans is different things to different people, which is, I suspect, never a bad thing.
Old 9 Feb 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3366060)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well we will see how friday works out this year, group will be smaller this year so perhaps we can fit a few things in
Old 9 Feb 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3366137)   #12
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Last year I started with the pitvisit, after that I went to the classic brittisch welcome, on my way back ended up in a traffic jam and arrived too late at the pistonheads meet near the circuit. I think 3 on one day is to much.
Forgot to mention I also went to parade...... busy, busy, busy
btw pistonhead meet is very close to the circuit and can be done on foot. Lots of nice cars
Old 19 Feb 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3370170)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Copy past from the FAQ thread as it is more in its place here:

Old 19 Feb 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3370174)   #14
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Maybe come with us Mathias if you fancy it? I feel ready to give it another go.
Old 19 Feb 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3370191)   #15
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Simmi!, I would like that very much .
Old 19 Feb 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3370206)   #16
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Still the old logo hmmmmm
Will certainly visit. How busy is in the morning?
Old 19 Feb 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3370216)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Old picture = old logo

11-ish = already quite busy!
Old 20 Feb 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3370290)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
get there early and if possible take an old car
Old 20 Feb 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3370378)   #19
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
get there early and if possible take an old car
Old, you mean one that can be allowed into the show area? Don't worry, I think my car is fine.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3370423)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The people directing cars are not always that well up on what they should be allowing into the main show car park and other show parks, I think they are told to direct cars over 30 years old no matter what they are and a few of each type of interesting modern cars but they do have a habit of letting to many of the same type in meaning that interesting cars are turned away while loads of boring modern 911's and furies etcget in that no one wants to look at. It is ment to be a classic car show not a rich kids show off

Last edited by GT6; 20 Feb 2014 at 16:25. Reason: HE
Old 27 Feb 2014, 01:37 (Ref:3372556)   #21
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We choose to camp away from the circuit which leaves us little choice but to drive on the Friday. Two years ago when trying to leave our visit to St Saturnin, we were held up very badly by the traffic, so last year we went to the Pistonheads meet, then the Pitwalk instead. After this we drove to the tram station behind Terte Rouge and jumped on a tram into town for the parade, it was only 3euros for four of us, that was for the parking and return tram tickets ! Driving back to our site that evening was a doddle.
I think we will be sticking with the same option this year.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3378560)   #22
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a downloadable programme for the GBW on tier web site now http://www.classicbw.org/?ln=UK it says that there will be a 917 on display. other Proshes and the winning Audi from 2012
Old 14 Mar 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3378595)   #23
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
We are going to combine this with our already planned visit to le cimétière de Vaudelnay where we are going to visit the grave of Francois Cevert.