Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 May 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3408372)   #276
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

This is more depressing than the two BoP-GT categories carrying on, because it's permanent.
Methinks you get depressed too easily........
Old 20 May 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3408377)   #277
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Methinks you get depressed too easily........
And some people get offended too easily

Anyways methinks both of those things mentioned are worth getting depressed.
Old 20 May 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3408398)   #278
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, I'm not offended in the slightest. But there is a place for a just a touch of positivity now and again. What will be, will be. The one useful lesson I've learned (and the only one) since becoming a civil servant is that there's absolutely no point expending energy on things you have no chance of changing.

But on with the show.....
Old 20 May 2014, 20:30 (Ref:3408400)   #279
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It wasn't meant for this particular case but generally...

Anyway I may not have the power of change (of even people's opinions) but I think it's better to voice your opinion than just shut about it and play along praising everything, if that's how you feeĺ. I do put positive things on my posts from time to time but I don't think bringing out the positives "just because" makes sense either... it's not like anyone non-sportscar fan is going to come along here and I would need to convince him/her of the genre we're discussing here, you people already know the sport. And other people already do the praising so I don't need to repeat that so much...

Many of the bigger complaints I have made have been FIA & ACO & IMSA (&SRO) decisions of the last few years, the tiny nitpicks can be joined to those... it's just the general direction we're headed that is worrying me (in oppose to what we had just 5-10 years ago), despite some single good aspects appearing and the -seemingly- growing state of sportscar awareness

Sorry if sounds a tad random but it's getting late

Last edited by Deleted; 20 May 2014 at 20:39.
Old 20 May 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3408406)   #280
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, fair enough........
Old 21 May 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3408510)   #281
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with any change that improves the security of pilots and allows to keep the performances of the cars as they are today. If the grass near the track is revealed to be something dangerous it's OK for me (see how Ortelli took off at Monza in 2008 at 0:40).
Old 21 May 2014, 08:13 (Ref:3408521)   #282
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We all have to accept changes to the track for reasons that sometimes seem silly to us but to the ACO they have to be addressed. Since my first visit in 1985 the track has changed in numerous ways and some more successful than others, but there is only one thing that we know for certain and that is the track will change and in ten years time the things that are changing now will become part of the accepted track and if there are changes again to that area people will complain and say it should be left alone
Old 21 May 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3408544)   #283
Deleted
Veteran

I wouldn't use the word "accept" if one doesn't agree with the chances, but rather "learn to live with them" even if you don't like em...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I agree with any change that improves the security of pilots and allows to keep the performances of the cars as they are today. If the grass near the track is revealed to be something dangerous it's OK for me (see how Ortelli took off at Monza in 2008 at 0:40).
Would freak accident like that really end differently at rundown to the Indianapolis or Virage Porsche? The asphalt extension would probably be smoother but he'd just smash into the barrier and cause massive wreck anyway.

If we started over analyzing things like that every single straight line everywhere should have extended tarmac runoff on both sides. Even F1 have been able to avoid that on -most- circuits

Why do I actually think they (or FIA) wants the change? Because works teams want to pass other classes from outside the white line if necessary (traffic jams), just as they do at Mulsanne and other areas
Old 21 May 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3408595)   #284
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Why do I actually think they (or FIA) wants the change? Because works teams want to pass other classes from outside the white line if necessary (traffic jams), just as they do at Mulsanne and other areas
I don't think they do this mainly in that purpose.
And about the gravels traps, many people, including some of this forum, criticize them because they cause punctures, they don't stop cars efficiently enough and because the cars brings gravels on the tracks. So the tarmac zones are an other option (cf. Spa).
Old 21 May 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3408605)   #285
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But perhaps the real question is : has the ACO some choice with the FIA? Are all these changes imposed by the FIA?
Old 21 May 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3408634)   #286
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If anyone feels that strongly about it, start a petition.

I don't care enough to start one, but I'd probably sign one.
Old 21 May 2014, 12:40 (Ref:3408637)   #287
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
But perhaps the real question is : has the ACO some choice with the FIA? Are all these changes imposed by the FIA?
Of course everything could be said to be imposed by FIA since it is the general safety observer but ACO has a long list of abominations of their own which has no direct relation to FIA. This feels more like those, doing something little that makes no real difference instead of the more expensive overhauls (the armcos).
Old 21 May 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3408638)   #288
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
If anyone feels that strongly about it, start a petition.

I don't care enough to start one, but I'd probably sign one.
Even if -by magic- all of us would sign it would be useless as the contract has already been made. And online petitions usually are anyway...
Old 21 May 2014, 13:39 (Ref:3408665)   #289
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, I've called the Roads departement to have some details about the works on the track.
First at the tertre rouge curve the track is widened inside but because of the tires along the outside barriers , the track axis would move inside for around 1,20 m.
Then about the works from Mulsanne to the porsche curve, yes the grass would have to be replaced by tarmac but now it is not possible to know exactly how. The works surely will start after the race probably late in the year, but actually the project is not totally finalized.
Otherwise, Timing control systems have been buried at some places along the track Hunaudières, Mulsanne, from Arnage to the porsche curve.
Old 21 May 2014, 13:55 (Ref:3408675)   #290
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
So, I've called the Roads departement to have some details about the works on the track.
First at the tertre rouge curve the track is widened inside but because of the tires along the outside barriers , the track axis would move inside for around 1,20 m.
Then about the works from Mulsanne to the porsche curve, yes the grass would have to be replaced by tarmac but now it is not possible to know exactly how. The works surely will start after the race probably late in the year, but actually the project is not totally finalized.
Otherwise, Timing control systems have been buried at some places along the track Hunaudières, Mulsanne, from Arnage to the porsche curve.
Man, you are awesome! Thanks for being our man on the ground, in the know, and willing to call the people who can give us answers! Make sure to remind me to buy you a beer if we meet up!
Old 21 May 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3408693)   #291
Deleted
Veteran

Thank ya bat as usual.

So in the end I guess the only larger single section of the track totally left without tarmac runoff will be the reworked Dunlop esses. Thankfully they didn't make any knee jerk actions after Allan's incident, and MotoGP guys haven't moaned either of the area between the bridge and turn to Bugatti

But I'm sure they'll pave it off in few years time. Sarthe is starting to follow Spa's demise quite handily in terms of the F1 sterilization

Last edited by Deleted; 21 May 2014 at 14:43.
Old 21 May 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3408780)   #292
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Well Today Tertre Rouge works updating.
The tires are in place:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U...o/IMG_1144.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--...o/IMG_1145.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-4...o/IMG_1146.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-L...o/IMG_1156.JPG
The Track was resurfaced:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-O...o/IMG_1147.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-t...o/IMG_1151.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F...o/IMG_1152.JPG
Other views of the track downside the curve:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3...o/IMG_1150.JPG
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-i...o/IMG_1148.JPG
And to finish about the works, the "Place des Jacobins" where the scrutineering was held before the tram works begin ( for those who knew the place) :
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-i...o/IMG_1157.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-p...o/IMG_1158.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-P...o/IMG_1159.JPG
With the new Cinema:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-c...o/IMG_1161.JPG
The R... has just stopped when I was coming back from the Tertre Rouge. I suspect the sky to empty for us to be comfortable in 3 weeks
Old 21 May 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3408785)   #293
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
great pictures as always Eric, looks a little wet there today hope you took your brolley (umbrella)
Old 21 May 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3408801)   #294
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Yep without Eric, we would be shorter on news from tracksite.
Old 21 May 2014, 22:59 (Ref:3408829)   #295
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Wow Bat!

You have some great pictures. Fantastic source of on-site updates!
Old 22 May 2014, 06:31 (Ref:3408873)   #296
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The R... has just stopped when I was coming back from the Tertre Rouge. I suspect the sky to empty for us to be comfortable in 3 weeks [/QUOTE]

Thanks, I can live with relying on local knowledge for that!
Old 27 May 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3411219)   #297
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheers as usual Eric, brilliant work.
Old 28 May 2014, 09:08 (Ref:3411686)   #298
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Not sure if posted http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=31387 some shots of the work on dsc's site.
Old 29 May 2014, 05:32 (Ref:3412181)   #299
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
And more changes with pictures from DSC- this time new barriers in the entrance to the Porsche Curves. A little Nascar'ish.
Old 29 May 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3412197)   #300
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
And more changes with pictures from DSC- this time new barriers in the entrance to the Porsche Curves. A little Nascar'ish.
It's Tecpro barrier, it's being used quite constantly at newer F1 venues.