Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Aug 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3296232)   #26
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and for the love of God if Ferrari puts some nice drivers in a couple 458's! GTLM will be spectacular...It will be hard to watch any other class in the series.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 16:26 (Ref:3296239)   #27
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
and for the love of God if Ferrari puts some nice drivers in a couple 458's! GTLM will be spectacular...It will be hard to watch any other class in the series.
I heartily agree! The last few years of GTE racing have been by far the best GT racing I can remember. This has been better than the Ferrari/Cobra battles of the 60s, the Porsche/Ferrari battles of the 70s and better than the Corvette/Ferrari and Corvette/Aston battles of the 2000s. Not that the actual racing is better but the fact that there are so many competitive Marks involved at the same time that every race can have a different Mark win. So far we've had Corvette, BMW, Viper and if you count Le Mans, Porsche. There is no reason a Ferrari couldn't win as well and if you count WEC, Ferrari have already won there. This just seems to be the best GT racing I can remember. Truely remarkable stuff.

DK
Old 30 Aug 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3296247)   #28
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The last few years of GTE racing have been by far the best GT racing I can remember.

DK
I agree!
Old 30 Aug 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3296309)   #29
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
lol
Yeah there is no way IMSA is going to keep subsidizing teams right? I mean they aren't that stupid... oh wait. Uh oh.

Although in all seriousness if the DP upgrades were being paid for by someone else, would Mike Shank be whining as loud as he is?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3296321)   #30
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Do people thing that the LMGT works teams not currently competing in ALMS (im thinking the guys in the WEC Porsche, Ferrari and Aston) will send cars to the 2014 Daytona 24h now they have the chance to win the overall GT class in the race?

I know they have done it before for Sebring, so why not Daytona a race surely just as prestigious.
There's been a suggestion that AMR are thinking about Daytona, and might leave the Paul Della Lana car in the USA after the Austin WEC round to run a winter test schedule...

The extra car could contest the final three WEC rounds at the Fuji, Shanghai and Bahrain circuits or remain in the US after Austin ahead of a potential Aston Martin assault on next January's Daytona 24 Hours, the first round of the new United SportsCar Racing series.
"We have a desire to do Daytona," explained Gaw, "so one option is to leave the car in the US after Texas to do some testing in preparation for that

http://www.racer.com/thiim-to-replac...rticle/307311/
Old 30 Aug 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3296326)   #31
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
There's been a suggestion that AMR are thinking about Daytona, and might leave the Paul Della Lana car in the USA after the Austin WEC round to run a winter test schedule...

The extra car could contest the final three WEC rounds at the Fuji, Shanghai and Bahrain circuits or remain in the US after Austin ahead of a potential Aston Martin assault on next January's Daytona 24 Hours, the first round of the new United SportsCar Racing series.
"We have a desire to do Daytona," explained Gaw, "so one option is to leave the car in the US after Texas to do some testing in preparation for that

http://www.racer.com/thiim-to-replac...rticle/307311/
Would be great if this came true, they certainly ran Sebring this year, so guessing they are interested in doing the "big races". If Sebring is soon after Daytona it might work out easy(ish) for AMR to do them both.

No idea on the scheduling of the series yet, but here is my idea of a 12 race calendar.

Daytona (24hrs)
Sebring (12hrs)
Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Mosport Park
Road America
Watkins Glen (6hr)
Indianapolis
Baltimore or Detroit
COTA
Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
Lime Rock

The 'fantasy' schedule include's all the premier races from Grand-Am and ALMS and also all the tracks both series ran at this year.
Cut from the series should be IMHO:
Long Beach (too small)
Baltimore or Detroit (only real need for 1 street circuit, might have difficulties with grid sizes)
VIR & Barber (cutting out the southern states of Virginia and Atlanta might be a bit harsh, but they have NASCAR right?)
Kansas (None likes a Roval)
Old 30 Aug 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3296378)   #32
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Would be great if this came true, they certainly ran Sebring this year, so guessing they are interested in doing the "big races". If Sebring is soon after Daytona it might work out easy(ish) for AMR to do them both.

No idea on the scheduling of the series yet, but here is my idea of a 12 race calendar.

Daytona (24hrs)
Sebring (12hrs)
Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Mosport Park
Road America
Watkins Glen (6hr)
Indianapolis
Baltimore or Detroit
COTA
Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
Lime Rock

The 'fantasy' schedule include's all the premier races from Grand-Am and ALMS and also all the tracks both series ran at this year.
Cut from the series should be IMHO:
Long Beach (too small)
Baltimore or Detroit (only real need for 1 street circuit, might have difficulties with grid sizes)
VIR & Barber (cutting out the southern states of Virginia and Atlanta might be a bit harsh, but they have NASCAR right?)
Kansas (None likes a Roval)
I generally agree. Obviously Petit Le Mans, COTA, Daytona, Sebring, Indy, Road America, Mosport, the Glen, and Laguna Seca will stay... however Mid Ohio hasn't been mentioned and I doubt anything would come after Petit Le Mans in the USCR season. Kansas is already confirmed, and Detroit is very likely, according to several sources. Long Beach will most likely replace Baltimore (Baltimore's paddock space is very limited as it is and Long Beach draws far more visitors - from the LA/Riverside/Santa Barbara area respectively)... it's also a bit longer and wider.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 22:17 (Ref:3296379)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting that 8Star are looking to hedge their bets and run a P2 and a couple of DPs next year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...-dpp2-program/
Old 30 Aug 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3296397)   #34
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Interesting that 8Star are looking to hedge their bets and run a P2 and a couple of DPs next year.

Yes it is. Looks as if they will run all classes of IMSA prototype next year.

L.P.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 23:30 (Ref:3296400)   #35
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I generally agree. Obviously Petit Le Mans, COTA, Daytona, Sebring, Indy, Road America, Mosport, the Glen, and Laguna Seca will stay... however Mid Ohio hasn't been mentioned and I doubt anything would come after Petit Le Mans in the USCR season. Kansas is already confirmed, and Detroit is very likely, according to several sources. Long Beach will most likely replace Baltimore (Baltimore's paddock space is very limited as it is and Long Beach draws far more visitors - from the LA/Riverside/Santa Barbara area respectively)... it's also a bit longer and wider.
So are you thinking more along the lines of

Daytona (24hrs)
Sebring (12hrs)
Laguna Seca
Long Beach
Mosport Park
Road America
Watkins Glen (6hr)
Indianapolis
Detroit
Kansas
COTA
Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
Old 30 Aug 2013, 23:37 (Ref:3296403)   #36
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

LOL! If they run DP, P2, PC, and bring a GTE Ferrari to Daytona, Sebring, and/or Petit Le Mans from the WEC they could essentially be running all classes except GTD!

What a machine!

Quote:

Daytona (24hrs)
Sebring (12hrs)
Laguna Seca
Long Beach
Mosport Park
Road America
Watkins Glen (6hr)
Indianapolis
Detroit
Kansas
COTA
Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
Basically. I'd rearrange the order to...

1. Daytona
2. Sebring
3. Long Beach
4. Laguna Seca
5. Detroit
6. Watkins Glen
7. Mosport (or CTMP)
8. Indy
9. Road America
10. Kansas
11. COTA
12. Petit Le Mans
Old 31 Aug 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3296475)   #37
morningview66
Racer

Quote:
LOL! If they run DP, P2, PC, and bring a GTE Ferrari to Daytona, Sebring, and/or Petit Le Mans from the WEC they could essentially be running all classes except GTD!

What a machine!

Basically. I'd rearrange the order to...

1. Daytona
2. Sebring
3. Long Beach
4. Laguna Seca
5. Detroit
6. Watkins Glen
7. Mosport (or CTMP)
8. Indy
9. Road America
10. Kansas
11. COTA
12. Petit Le Mans
Well now we just have to wait and see if the guys at IMSA/NASCAR doing the scheduling are thinking the same as us
Old 31 Aug 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3296588)   #38
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Marshall Pruett ‏@marshallpruett 42m
Just learned the USCR schedule announcement is being readied. Will feature 11 rounds.
Fire away....
Old 31 Aug 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3296600)   #39
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Fire away....
Eleven races is a good start when you take into consideration the hours that are being added to the overall schedule which leads to budget additions for each team.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 17:26 (Ref:3296611)   #40
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Fire away....
Get ready for a angry explosion...

Old 31 Aug 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3296622)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
THIS IS AN ENTRY LIST THREAD. PLEASE TREAT IT AS SUCH. ANY TROLLING GARBAGE WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY AND INFRACTIONS GIVEN - TO PRESERVE THE SANITY OF THOSE MEMBERS WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO HAVE A SENSIBLE DISCUSSION.

(This warning/instruction is not open to debate - clear?).
Old 31 Aug 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3296791)   #42
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:

Daytona (24hrs)
Sebring (12hrs)
Laguna Seca
Long Beach
Mosport Park
Road America
Watkins Glen (6hr)
Indianapolis
Detroit
Kansas
COTA
Petit Le Mans (10hrs)
I like most of your list.

If it's down to 11, I'd say Kansas is out. I'd also swap Mid-Ohio for Long Beach, Detroit or Indy.

Andy Flinn
Old 31 Aug 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3296884)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dump Indy, Kansas and Detroit. Add in Mid Ohio, VIR and anything but Indy, Kansas or Detroit.
Old 31 Aug 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3296896)   #44
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTD entries will be tough to predict. I have more questions about the rules and regs with this category than I do with LMP2/DP.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 01:25 (Ref:3296929)   #45
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Dump Indy, Kansas and Detroit. Add in Mid Ohio, VIR and anything but Indy, Kansas or Detroit.
Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, Indy and Kansas are both NASCAR-owned, and so is the USCR, so it's pretty likely that both of them will be on the schedule. Personally I found Kansas kind of interesting... quite a good race actually. I didn't survive the first 20 minutes of Indianapolis without falling asleep with potato chips in my mouth.

However I don't see what is holding the USCR to Detroit. If you look at my map, it's pretty clear that the USCR has really covered the Midwest and Northeast well. I've labeled the tracks blue if they are basically confirmed and red if there is still much debate over their existence in the future schedule. They've already got four races (five if you count Kansas) in the Midwest/Northeast in Watkins Glen, Indy, Road America, and Mosport... why do they need another one in Detroit? Personally I quite like the Belle Isle track and would trade Kansas or Indy for it in a heartbeat but unfortunately it seems like it may be Detroit that's taking the blow. Spreading the wealth to Barber Motorsports Park, VIR, or even Miller Motorsports Park would seem to be the wiser alternative.

Essentially, if Kansas and Indy are included, Detroit is probably out. However, if Kansas is dropped and it's Detroit versus Barber or VIR, there's no doubt that the vast majority of fans would pick Barber or VIR.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 01:39 (Ref:3296935)   #46
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, Indy and Kansas are both NASCAR-owned, and so is the USCR, so it's pretty likely that both of them will be on the schedule. Personally I found Kansas kind of interesting... quite a good race actually. I didn't survive the first 20 minutes of Indianapolis without falling asleep with potato chips in my mouth.

However I don't see what is holding the USCR to Detroit. If you look at my map, it's pretty clear that the USCR has really covered the Midwest and Northeast well. I've labeled the tracks blue if they are basically confirmed and red if there is still much debate over their existence in the future schedule. They've already got four races (five if you count Kansas) in the Midwest/Northeast in Watkins Glen, Indy, Road America, and Mosport... why do they need another one in Detroit? Personally I quite like the Belle Isle track and would trade Kansas or Indy for it in a heartbeat but unfortunately it seems like it may be Detroit that's taking the blow. Spreading the wealth to Barber Motorsports Park, VIR, or even Miller Motorsports Park would seem to be the wiser alternative.

Essentially, if Kansas and Indy are included, Detroit is probably out. However, if Kansas is dropped and it's Detroit versus Barber or VIR, there's no doubt that the vast majority of fans would pick Barber or VIR.
Uh, NASCAR doesn't own Indy.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 02:02 (Ref:3296939)   #47
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Word is Indy will be confirmed next week.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3297544)   #48
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Uh, NASCAR doesn't own Indy.
No, they don't own it, but they race it, so naturally they'll want it included in the 2014 schedule.

Plus look how big of a deal they make it every time Grand-Am goes there.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3297554)   #49
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, they don't own it, but they race it, so naturally they'll want it included in the 2014 schedule.

Plus look how big of a deal they make it every time Grand-Am goes there.
But that's not what you said.

NASCAR tries to inject some kind of history into racing at Indy when nobody cares about anything but the Indy 500 there. F1 drivers never liked the road course and neither do the MotoGP guys. I saw an article about the proposed IndyCar race on the roval and the guy making all of these decisions said they would be changing the circuit if the IndyCars actually raced on it. Good. They couldn't make it any worse, unless they put railroad tracks on it.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 00:04 (Ref:3297568)   #50
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Wow how much money does Enzo have access to? That's a big commitment right there.

For next year I really hope we don't lose some stellar teams such as Turner. I really like those guys.