Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Jul 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3431850)   #501
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2014 Blancpain Endurance Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Shane van Gisburgen at Von Ryan for Spa! Amazing news.

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/24h...n-ryan-racing/

That's awesome news!!!

He was stupidly quick in the Quinn McLaren at Bathurst 12hr so let's see how he goes at Spa

Craig Lowndes confirmed on the weekends V8 telecast that he'll be at Spa also with AF Corse even though he doesn't appear on the entrylist. Prolly waiting to see which car he gets put into.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3432725)   #502
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!

So Aussie touring car star and defending Bathurst 12hr champ Craig Lowndes has been confirmed in the Pro Am class no.52 AF Corse Ferrari with

Andrea Piccini
Michele Rugolo
and Steve Wyatt.

That's one hell of a lineup for Pro Am.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3432731)   #503
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Very strong, looking forward to these guys coming over.

Any more and they'll have to make sure they schedule a V8s race on the same weekend next year...

Seriously though, I hope the Lago team and the V8 guys herald the start of a few more doing the same. Really enjoyed the Juniper GT2 effort a few years ago and I saw on EI that Mark Coffey us at least coming over to watch, so hopefully a future Maranello MS presence might be possible.
Old 15 Jul 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3434035)   #504
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Shane Van Gisbergen will be joined at Von Ryan Racing by McLaren factory driver Rob Bell. The third driver is yet to be announced.
Old 15 Jul 2014, 08:31 (Ref:3434042)   #505
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Wow, looking very strong whoever the third driver is, wonder if it's McLaren funding it as a third car or someone else.
Old 15 Jul 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3434053)   #506
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria

Quote:
Wow, looking very strong whoever the third driver is, wonder if it's McLaren funding it as a third car or someone else.

I've been wondering where the money is coming from also. It can't be from the drivers as they're all pros one of them is a factory driver so McLaren maybe lending him out for free to back up ART and Von Ryan are well known for their car preparation. All this doesn't come cheap though and Von Ryan have largely been lying dormant this year as their British GT program didn't happen as a result of lack of funding.

Spa is the BES blue riband event so this does appeal to sponsors and it's cheaper then a full season so maybe they've found a one off sponsor. Wish they still had their original dragon livery though. That was utterly brilliant.
Old 15 Jul 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3434147)   #507
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
It was, but I also really liked the #60 livery in their first season too.

Yelmer Buurman, Adam Christodoulou and Mike Parisy in the second Black Falcon Pro car for Spa, Richard Muscat, Vladimir Lunkin Saud and Turki Alfaisal in a third car, in Pro-Am.

EI: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/24h...r-mike-parisy/
Old 18 Jul 2014, 07:19 (Ref:3435068)   #508
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
A few more Spa seats confirmed:

In the Gentlemen Trophy class, Leo Machitsky and Carl Rosenblad join Ian Loggie and Julian Westwood in the Team Parker Audi.

In the PGF-Kinfaun Aston, the regular pairing of AMR MD John Gaw and Phil Dryburgh are joined by another British GT Aston crew- Paul White and Tom Onslow-Cole. IIRC, they also seem to have moved from 'Gent' to 'Pro-Am?'
Old 18 Jul 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3435096)   #509
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Yeah, it was originally Frank Yu announced in that seat, not sure if he's moved, got a conflict or just not doing it. TOC being a pro will bump it up to Pro-Am
Old 18 Jul 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3435149)   #510
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Woohoo, after a bit of confusion Marcel ten Caat has confirmed Jazeman Jafaar, Maxi Gotz and Maxi Buhk for the #86 HTP entry, although it will be run by Fortec.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3435220)   #511
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the below article might give some clues as to why the Belgium team GPR Racing aren't entering the Spa 24H (I haven't read anything about the below until I found the article, so apologies if it has already been discussed).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eat-truck.html

Giuseppe Sperlinga, the boss of GPR Racing has been jailed for 15 years after admitting to two charges of drug smuggling.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3435240)   #512
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Wow, good find. Well, chalk that up as another one in the Sportscar Book of Crooks.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3435274)   #513
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Pino was caught several months ago. Remember reading about it on Belgian sites in March or April.

The GPR Astons will be racing at Spa, but just in BRCC as far as I am aware, like they have done all season.
Old 18 Jul 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3435275)   #514
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and for some good news. Molitor Racing Systems has announced on their FB page they will enter the 24 Hours of Spa with a McLaren, while Giorgio Pantano will join Boutsen Ginion.

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/be...y-list-update/
Old 19 Jul 2014, 00:53 (Ref:3435313)   #515
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Woohoo, after a bit of confusion Marcel ten Caat has confirmed Jazeman Jafaar, Maxi Gotz and Maxi Buhk for the #86 HTP entry, although it will be run by Fortec.

Yeah that was some confusion. First it was three cars then two and now three again haha. Fantastic to see the two Max in the race although I don't know anything about Jafaar so hopefully he does a good job of supporting Goetz and Buhk.
Old 19 Jul 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3435331)   #516
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
I think the below article might give some clues as to why the Belgium team GPR Racing aren't entering the Spa 24H (I haven't read anything about the below until I found the article, so apologies if it has already been discussed).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eat-truck.html

Giuseppe Sperlinga, the boss of GPR Racing has been jailed for 15 years after admitting to two charges of drug smuggling.
Two 'Aston Martin Brussels' entries were announced back in April, and the report said that a new 'Brussels Racing' outfit would be running them, and not GPR, as GPR had to 'temporarily cease it's activities' due to Sperlinga being 'currently unavailable to fulfill his role as team boss'- I guess we know why now....

Presumably AM Brussels weren't able to pull together a deal for the 24, and are just running BRCC, as Marcel said?
Old 19 Jul 2014, 03:47 (Ref:3435337)   #517
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the HTP deal, really happy to see the second piece of news on that, but I can't believe the deal to run the defending race winners and series champion in the biggest race of the season was put together so late.

I looked up Jafaar and it's kind of interesting that ISR and their FR3.5 driver are both making their sportscar debut in the 24hrs, but not together.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3435782)   #518
Benja83
Rookie

Benja83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm planning to go to this event, but because it's the first time, i was looking for some information about where to sleep.
I would like to go with a camper or a tent (depending on the weather). Does someone know there is a place near the circuit that is used as a 'camping' ? Is a reservation necessary?
I found information about campings in the neighbourhood, but no information at all about an official camping near the circuit. Not on the website from the 24 hours, not on the website from spa-francorchamps.
Does anyone know if it's possible to go there with a tent or camper? Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3435788)   #519
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
You can turn up and pitch your tent at one of the campsites about La Source, one outside Eau Rouge, one at the end of the Kemmel. Alternatively (and far more fun) just get a GA ticket and take your tent up to the woods.
Old 20 Jul 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3435866)   #520
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to the Spa 24 hours.

My support will be going to all the British cars in the competition (McLaren, Bentley and Aston Martin). Mind you, I can see it being a carbon copy of Silverstone and Paul Ricard between Bentley and McLaren. I think the McLaren is a lot lighter on its tyres than the Bentley, but the Bentley is built like a tank and just as we saw in the opening round at Monza, it can take a fair few hits, so I'm sure it will be a battle between the to manufacturers for the full 24 hours.
Overall, I seriously hope we have a very good race in Belgium next weekend!
Old 20 Jul 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3435917)   #521
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
And the extra thrilling part is that neither has much of a record in 24 hour races. As don't the BMWs which will also be expected to do well. Definitely some Audis and Mercedes' that will be in the hunt as a result...
Old 20 Jul 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3435991)   #522
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And the extra thrilling part is that neither has much of a record in 24 hour races. As don't the BMWs which will also be expected to do well. Definitely some Audis and Mercedes' that will be in the hunt as a result...
Well just look at last year, Mercedes won it. You can always rely on German engineering, but yes Mercedes have a great chance this weekend.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3436155)   #523
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would definitely be a turning point for McLaren if they could run hard and really challenge for the win over 24 hours.

We know the cars can last but I'm not sure they can run faultlessly for that duration. Best Spa result is 9th I think.

As for Bentley we've got no idea which makes it interesting.

Been trying to get to this race for the last 3 years. Still not been able to make it due to work which I'm pretty gutted about. Everything crossed for next year.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3436176)   #524
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren's last couple Spa 24s have been marred by mostly faults not of their own making, last year the best placed car to challenge for a win got hit by another car that knocked a wheel off the McLaren (it was ironically another McLaren that hit it), 2012 was another crash out to the best placed car. They say it takes 3 years to win a 24 hour race, despite 2011 (first actual race of the car in test form) this is the third year of the car in customer hands, might be a good omen?
Old 21 Jul 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3436218)   #525
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if this year the mp4-12c shown better performances, I guess that is still the not-ultimate car for 24 hours races.
Anyway, has been released somewhere the definitive spa 24H entry list?