Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Apr 2014, 05:13 (Ref:3390031)   #26
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
No bop changes for LB. I think 911 will win this race again.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 06:38 (Ref:3390057)   #27
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting ford is now a tudor official partner and a ford Taurus sho will be the long beach safety car.so new we're defenatly going to have a fcy or two just so that damn Taurus can be seen on tv.I love ford wants to get involved on sports car racing and I get they are pushing the Eco boost but I think they are just going about it the wrong way.they should be more involved in the conti series and pwc a Taurus safety car will fit better there,fits in NASCAR but not with sports cars.a Taurus safety car feels like having an Audi Q7 safety car pacing the sprint cup race!

I have a strong feeling now gannassi and Porsche will be winning the majority of the races.....
Old 8 Apr 2014, 06:42 (Ref:3390059)   #28
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
What is the weather forecast for Friday and Saturday in Long Beach at this point?
weather.com

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 8 Apr 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3390215)   #29
Jaguar4
Rookie

United States
Grand Rapids, MI
Jaguar4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr. Blackmore's spotters guide is out for this race but I think only the Shank car has a different livery. Interesting that on the guide the TUSK and Indy car schedules are posted on there but not PWC.

I for one will combine the TUSK and PWC qualifying times on to one list after their sessions are done provided it does not rain for one of them.

What is the weather forecast for Friday and Saturday in Long Beach at this point?
The spotter guide is up in the fan viewing guide

http://www.imsa.com/races/tequila-pa...ase-long-beach
Old 8 Apr 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3390220)   #30
Jaguar4
Rookie

United States
Grand Rapids, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Interesting ford is now a tudor official partner and a ford Taurus sho will be the long beach safety car.so new we're defenatly going to have a fcy or two just so that damn Taurus can be seen on tv.I love ford wants to get involved on sports car racing and I get they are pushing the Eco boost but I think they are just going about it the wrong way.they should be more involved in the conti series and pwc a Taurus safety car will fit better there,fits in NASCAR but not with sports cars.a Taurus safety car feels like having an Audi Q7 safety car pacing the sprint cup race!

I have a strong feeling now gannassi and Porsche will be winning the majority of the races.....
Are you serious? You're complaining about the Taurus being the safety car? Why do you care so much about it? Does it really matter?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3390225)   #31
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Interesting ford is now a tudor official partner and a ford Taurus sho will be the long beach safety car.
This is interesting. Back in 2011 at the Motorsports on Main event in Greenville, SC, I did a short interview with Scott Atherton. I asked him about American manufacturers getting more involved in sportscar racing, particularly, advancing the technology for efficiency. He was real excited about Ford coming into the ALMS with Ecoboost.

But, as we know, it happened differently. Wonder how much Ford's involvement and choices over the past 3 or 4 years affected the merger/buyout?
Old 8 Apr 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3390270)   #32
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

The pace car has been Mazda 6 and an Acura TL before. It means nothing.

Really sticking your neck out there for that prediction.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3390274)   #33
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm a bit punchy this morning so I apologize, but you can make your way to 10/10ths to search out conversation about sports car racing but typing "Long Beach, CA weather" in Google is just a little to far to go?
Old 9 Apr 2014, 02:43 (Ref:3390390)   #34
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok well it is not going to rain at all it looks like so it will be possible to compare GTE to the GT3 cars directly which we really have not been able to do much on a street circuit as street circuits is quite rare in Europe these days. I don't think GT Open (the series that runs both classes together) runs on any street tracks anymore.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3390465)   #35
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ok well it is not going to rain at all it looks like so it will be possible to compare GTE to the GT3 cars directly which we really have not been able to do much on a street circuit as street circuits is quite rare in Europe these days. I don't think GT Open (the series that runs both classes together) runs on any street tracks anymore.
GTD are detuned GT3 cars, real GT3 cars are a lot faster than GTD. IMSA sites tells that race will start at 6PM, is it right? in previous ALMS seasons the race was at 2PM
Old 9 Apr 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3390496)   #36
Jaguar4
Rookie

United States
Grand Rapids, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
GTD are detuned GT3 cars, real GT3 cars are a lot faster than GTD. IMSA sites tells that race will start at 6PM, is it right? in previous ALMS seasons the race was at 2PM
The race broadcast starts at 6 PM EST, 3 PM PST
Old 9 Apr 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3390501)   #37
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
6PM Eastern, which would be 3 PM PT.
Old 9 Apr 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3390510)   #38
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

You can compare lap times SCCA PWC and TUSC GTLM
Old 10 Apr 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3390827)   #39
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reference times to compare from Long Beach last year:

LMP2 pole: 1 min 16.0 (#551 Level 5 HPD, ESM did 1 min 17.4)
GTLM pole: 1 min 18.8 (#93 SRT Viper)
GTLM slowest: 1 min 19.5 (#23 AJR Ferrari)
Old 10 Apr 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3390844)   #40
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
First direct comparison (confrontation if you prefer) for PWC GT and TUSC GTD at Detroit, end of May/first day of June. PWC has a double header.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3390847)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Reference times to compare from Long Beach last year:

LMP2 pole: 1 min 16.0 (#551 Level 5 HPD, ESM did 1 min 17.4)
GTLM pole: 1 min 18.8 (#93 SRT Viper)
GTLM slowest: 1 min 19.5 (#23 AJR Ferrari)
I will add that the pole in PWC was a 1:21.087 by the Audi R8 of Sofronas. That should be upped this year.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3391001)   #42
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Last I checked the race wasn't listed in the 6pm eastern time slot on FS1 in my Directv guide. Not trying to be lazy as I am currently in Singapore on business. But would someone mind checking to see if it is in the guide yet and what the description is? I can set it to record remotely, but it would be a lot easier to do if I searched under the title rather than going through the guide in half hour increments. Thanks.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3391034)   #43
Dodge_Swinger
Racer

United States
International Space Station
Dodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDodge_Swinger should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be interesting to see how PWC manages their race compared to TUSCC, specifically the use (or non-use) of yellow flags. PWC seems to have discovered this obscure process called "local yellow". I don't think they've heard of a debris yellow because I saw car parts, even entire disabled cars (!) on the track, yet the race officials stupidly allowed the cars to race. There was only one FCY and that was only for a few laps.

I'll be watching both.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 11:45 (Ref:3391038)   #44
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully, so will TUSC officials.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 13:03 (Ref:3391079)   #45
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Last I checked the race wasn't listed in the 6pm eastern time slot on FS1 in my Directv guide.
It's been there for me, also DirecTV. Saturday, 6pm ET, "Sports Car Series Racing".
Old 11 Apr 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3391086)   #46
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
WTR with new title sponsor, Konica Minolta.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3391092)   #47
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
WTR with new title sponsor, Konica Minolta.
Cool, I can't wait to see the livery. Something like this perhaps?

Old 11 Apr 2014, 14:21 (Ref:3391099)   #48
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be an indication of things to come. A WTR Toyota P2 car in the near future?
Old 11 Apr 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3391106)   #49
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Starting the weekend of well... No LT&S working yet.
Old 11 Apr 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3391108)   #50
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Cool, I can't wait to see the livery. Something like this perhaps?

Replace the orange bits on the current car with blue, and replace the Velocity logos with Konica ones.