Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going to win it?
Lotus 3 2.27%
Rebellion 3 2.27%
Porsche 23 17.42%
Audi 59 44.70%
Toyota 44 33.33%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Apr 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3389107)   #51
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
out of the big 3, I think the Toyota looks the best, Porsche will come flying out of the box, but I still think experience will will in the end, so I'm going for Audi, hope I'm wrong.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 00:02 (Ref:3389113)   #52
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Not much to go on since testing was not definitive in lmp1. I hope Lotus isn't abysmal though Free practice might not even show the final order either.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 21:49 (Ref:3389479)   #53
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Audi, but I think its going to be close between them and Toyota.

I see it being a race long scrap.

Who knows maybe Porsche can mix it for a while, but I don't see them hanging on race long to win.

Hope everyone who is going enjoys the day.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 01:50 (Ref:3389578)   #54
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
http://www.fiawec.com/wpphpFichiers/...ist_040414.pdf

Official entry list is OUT, ladies and gents!
I know LMP1-H/L terms have been used but still didn't expect them to become actual classes... or pseudo-classes at least.

Can't wait for LMP2 and GTE to be splt into L and H categories in the future and these categories being split into separate Am and Pro classes. More artificial classes and confusion is exactly what this series needs.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 05:57 (Ref:3389607)   #55
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I know LMP1-H/L terms have been used but still didn't expect them to become actual classes... or pseudo-classes at least.

Can't wait for LMP2 and GTE to be splt into L and H categories in the future and these categories being split into separate Am and Pro classes. More artificial classes and confusion is exactly what this series needs.
Agreed, if LMP1-L turns into an actual "lite" class for privateers, then what is LMP2 for? Less wealthy privateers? Then why wealthy privateers join LMP1-L in the first place since they can win nothing at all?
Old 7 Apr 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3389631)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
With that many classes the presentations will take longer than the race
Old 7 Apr 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3389649)   #57
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
With that many classes the presentations will take longer than the race
I don't think it's any different to last year when the privateers had a separate podium procedure. I'll admit it doesn't do a huge amount for me, but the guys from Rebellion have been clear that (a) their backers prefer competing in the top flight than potentially winning in LMP2 and (b) having the 'recognition' of the privateer class is important to them. In this light does it really cost us all that much?
Old 7 Apr 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3389679)   #58
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's go Toyota! It's time.

Would really like to see Porsche have a good race and get amongst it. You can never count out Audi.

I'm just massively excited for the long weekend.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3389694)   #59
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We can see that beyond considering the potential of the cars, people would like to see a change in the usual hierarchy and they vote Toyota.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3389703)   #60
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
We can see that beyond considering the potential of the cars, people would like to see a change in the usual hierarchy and they vote Toyota.
If you were going to be controversial you might say the ACO votes this too.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3389731)   #61
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
No, I'm not controversial at all. Is there any controversy between ACO and manufacturers ?
(I don't hold any share from ACO).
Old 7 Apr 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3389740)   #62
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No, I'm not controversial at all. Is there any controversy between ACO and manufacturers ?
(I don't hold any share from ACO).
He's referring to the latest and fixed (until at least Le Mans) fuel allocations which have enforced an ERS incentive of 0.5s per lap (at la Sarthe) per MJ of hybrid energy. That's a theoretical 2 seconds a lap performance advantage that Toyota/Porsche have over Audi. Hence the "controversial" comment from Simmi.

At this point I would say check out the R18 thread, but the useful information is mired between rather bitty speculative arguing; those of us who are interested are waiting for the final fuel allocations to be made public.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3389762)   #63
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
He's referring to the latest and fixed (until at least Le Mans) fuel allocations which have enforced an ERS incentive of 0.5s per lap (at la Sarthe) per MJ of hybrid energy. That's a theoretical 2 seconds a lap performance advantage that Toyota/Porsche have over Audi. Hence the "controversial" comment from Simmi.

At this point I would say check out the R18 thread, but the useful information is mired between rather bitty speculative arguing; those of us who are interested are waiting for the final fuel allocations to be made public.
This is clearer for me now, thank you J Jay.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3389766)   #64
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes I am not calling you controversial Pascal. Far from it - you are a man of the people!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3389783)   #65
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Yes I am not calling you controversial Pascal. Far from it - you are a man of the people!
I know you were talking about what I wrote, Simmi, no problemo.
But I read everywhere that both manufacturers, FIA and ACO have met often together to make rules that everyone would accept. If a possible correction of the equivalence was scheduled after the test, I'm crossing my fingers that things will be accepted by all competitors. It seems that talks are still ongoing.

Those who will go to Silverstone might take a calculator in their pocket.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3389871)   #66
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, the only French super hero is Superdupont :

Now, let's go back to WEC.
What about Asterix & Obelix?
Old 7 Apr 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3389957)   #67
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Or the 'bigger fish'- Porsche Afterall, they were fastest in testing at Ricard. But who knows what the ACO really wants. I believe every team has the regs in hand before we know of them.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 19:06 (Ref:3390306)   #68
mclarenf1papa
Rookie

United States
mclarenf1papa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going for Audi. It seems like they're the best prepared team.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 02:16 (Ref:3390689)   #69
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenf1papa View Post
I'm going for Audi. It seems like they're the best prepared team.
me too, if there someone well prepared for this is Audi!!!

edit: post 500 wow!!!
Old 10 Apr 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3390718)   #70
TF110
Veteran

United States
I think Porsche are the most prepared for the race. Theyve been at it for a while with their car.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3390750)   #71
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think Porsche are the most prepared for the race. Theyve been at it for a while with their car.
You must be joking of course.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3390770)   #72
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Allowing myself to be gently encouraged by the weather forecast for the Easter weekend.

Admittedly a touch cold, but a far cry indeed from what we saw last year, particularly on the Saturday.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3390792)   #73
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Old 10 Apr 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3390829)   #74
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Allowing myself to be gently encouraged by the weather forecast for the Easter weekend.

Admittedly a touch cold, but a far cry indeed from what we saw last year, particularly on the Saturday.
Looks good to me. A bit cooler than where I am now - Marrakech is 35 deg C today. Not checking dates correctly means we fly home on Saturday, before the Marrakech GP WTCC round

Sean

Last edited by claude2cv; 10 Apr 2014 at 16:48. Reason: carp tryping
Old 10 Apr 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3390836)   #75
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Trying to deflect attention to other cars besides Audi and Toyota.