Old 27 Aug 2001, 16:32 (Ref:136556)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Improved Production Cars

To all Australian State Series people.

I am keen to hear of your new strategies to bring spectators to your events.

I know that the Queenslanders are leading the way with innovation, and I would love to hear what you are all up to.

We had 6000 paying spectators at our last State Round and we want to share some new ideas with the rest of you.

Hopefully I will hear from yuo soon,

Cameron
Old 11 Sep 2001, 03:55 (Ref:144746)   #2
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Word on the street is that PROCAR are in negotiations with IPRA to see if we shall attach ourselves to their series.

Let me know what you think

thanks

Cameron
Old 11 Sep 2001, 05:12 (Ref:144763)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ImProd guys could do well out of this, but they mustn't be afraid to ask, "What's in it for us?" Also, they must be willing to walk away if the deal isn't right. If you're determined to sign up for anything, you don't have much negotiating power.
Old 11 Sep 2001, 05:59 (Ref:144771)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there room for more classes on the Procar package? Looking at QR, the IPs got a run, but they were stuck on at the ends of the day...

But if they could get some decent track time, then maybe the tri-state series could hook up with it. You've got to remember, that for the most part, IP drivers are the true budget battlers of motorsport. Just look at a recent QLD meeting where entry fees were increased, and many competitors simply couldn't afford it...
Old 11 Sep 2001, 14:18 (Ref:144929)   #5
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well the Vic representatives and the NSW and the QLD reps were having some good convos about the class.

PROCAR is offering better treatment than AVESCO.

I will chat to the Vic reps further at the Sandown 500.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 04:21 (Ref:149013)   #6
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well they had further discussions with PROCAR.

We do not want to be a National Championship because of costs.

The deal they are trying to work out would be that we attach our newly formed Tri State Series to some of their rounds.

Unofficially it would be our National Championships, being capped off by our National Race once every year.

By the way what is the deal with the Tri State Series Race (being held at Phillip Island) and the Nationals (being held at Symmons Plains) running on the same weekend. These IPRA officials had better do some serious soul searching before next season.

Tell me what you think guys.